Aaron Donald Retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
Maybe if we have the 1st round by locked up by week 15 he will get the itch !

Thanks AD, what a ride it was.

RamsSince1969

Ram It, Do You Know How To Ram It, Ram It
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe Coach can have him on speed dial for the playoff run. That would be awesome.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This is such an empty feeling knowing AD won't be playing. Over the last ten years, no matter what happened with our Rams season, we still had Aaron Fucking Donald. We had the baddest player on the planet and every team and opposing fan feared him and how he could ruin their teams plans, single handedly. I took great comfort, and pleasure in knowing that. I'm going to miss it for a very long time.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
I am in mourning and can’t help think we now have possibly the worst DL in football having lost the best player and best position coach. Irreplaceable but you have to respect his decision. I was positive he would stick around for one last Super Bowl run. Sadly not. We need some veteran leadership upfront or is it me?

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

View: https://x.com/jason_otc/status/1768774882131665007?s=46&t=gEUcKN5ugzpn7hhJJvpNKw

dumb-and-dumber-lloyd.gif

Ram65

Legend
Just heard about an hour ago while driving in the car. I guess I was a bit numb reading the headline.

I truly thought he would want one more shot at a Championship. The Rams were setting up for a legit run with AD.

Thanks for all the great memories AD and a Championship. Retire with good health!!!!

Ok, how much cap money do the Rams get to help find two or three pass rushers to replace AD.

If the Rams can sign Mack and or Young and get a good one at 19 things could still be setting up for a Championship run.

Last edited:

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Atleast he went out a Ram. Got a Super Bowl ring, and made alot of dough. Glad he was part of this team, wish we had given him more rings but sometimes 1 is good enough. His superiority is still well above those who have more rings….So whatever. Happy retirement 99.

Tano

Legend
Basically I said Oh Fuck when I saw it on my phone while in the office

Sad day for Rams fans

I salute you Aaron Donald

DeaconJones

Rookie
I realized AD was the real deal back in St Louis. One play always stood out. QB took the snap and went to do a routine hand off to the RB. AD blew through the line and just missed taking the hand off. I've thought about that one so often. Loved all the TFLs and sacks. Getting Jimmy G at the end of the NFC Championship game and then Burrow in the SB was probably the peak. Chasing Kyler and Russell as they scramble for their lives - I'll miss that too.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
My question is, do they get those sacks without AD taking 3 OL out of the play to block him? Probably some of those wouldn't have happened. Could be wrong. And yes, I do expect them to make improvements in their 2nd year, but, the massive hole in the line is also going to effect everyone on defense.

I'm really hoping for this guy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN307jmDWXg&ab_channel=TheMockDraftGuy

Yeap! I had him in my first Mock. If the Rams are going to play a 3-4, get the best NT available and the best edge rushers. You can then sprinkle in a couple of rotating DE's

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
My question is, do they get those sacks without AD taking 3 OL out of the play to block him? Probably some of those wouldn't have happened. Could be wrong. And yes, I do expect them to make improvements in their 2nd year, but, the massive hole in the line is also going to effect everyone on defense.

I'm really hoping for this guy.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iN307jmDWXg&ab_channel=TheMockDraftGuy

In my previous reply, I thought this was T'vondre Sweat ..... my bad

methomas50

Rookie

View: https://twitter.com/The33rdTeamFB/status/1768793489515463030?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1768793489515463030%7Ctwgr%5E989c543b63cdbe70740f3e4503eee7fe6165ffd8%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fbleacherreport.com%2Flos-angeles-rams

Good lord. Who made up this list? A 25 year old? How can any list of greatest DTs not have Alan Page? To me his game was most similar to ADs, maybe John Randle. Both of those guys were smaller DTs that won with quickness off the snap. That is how I see it anyways, except they didn't see near the same amount of double and triple teams AD did.

Antonius

Pro Bowler
I don’t drink often, but I felt like finding something to have a toast to AD, in honor of a great career.

Never tried this, but something about the bottle just called to me

IMG_1412.jpeg

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
This feels like it came out of nowhere. Nothing but love for AD. Hell of a run. One of the best NFL players of all time. He got his ring, and that makes me happy. Hope his post-NFL career is fulfilling. Glad he spent his entire career with the Rams.
A shock but not a surprise. He was starting to get a little slower against the doubleteams. Still the most powerful defensive force in the game.

Another GOAT, Jim Brown, retired at age 29 at the top of his game.

AD earned the right to go out when and how he chose to.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I hate to say it but I wonder if he was looking for another pay raise and the Rams finally said enough.
My thoughts were sort of the same when all these DR’s were getting paid more than him.It might have been an agreement he had with them threatening The Rams like out of the blue a few years ago & then all of a sudden he was okay again.(that was a thought ?)

AD99 was playing at the HIGHEST level ever IMO. He will always be The GOAT.

Still I’ll drink the Kool-aide & say The Rams could still be a better team without him.