Aaron Donald Retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
Maybe I wasn't paying enough attention but this one caught me 100% by surprise. Maybe because he seemed immortal to me. Superman. Or something. A genuine, good man.

I could write thousands of words of how much this player has meant to me. It should take days for such a manifesto. I feel this in my heart.

My "99" home and away jerseys I will wear every football Sunday for the rest of my life. This is a once in a lifetime type of player. Without any official ceremony, that jersey was retired today. It will forever represent excellence like none other.

Not one single player has ever changed an entire defense, or offense, like AD. None.

He IS the greatest of all time. Amazing journey we have all been a witness.

To me, this is not the day to figure out cap monies or moves with this retirement. A day to celebrate we all got to live in a time to watch this superstar play his entire career with our RAMS.

GO RAMS!!!

AZRams

What, we're all thinking it...

DAMN...can't say as I recall ever seeing anybody else quadruple teamed.

crazy tom cruise GIF

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

Nah, first i read it, I was in tears fo sho

It's just gonna take time. Part of the reason I watched every snap in 2022 was that I knew this day would come and I didn't want to miss a single snap and iirc, I saw every snap of his career.

Best player in any sport I've ever seen (although Ohtani may eclipse that)

As others posted, I'm gutted. I've got 3 AD jerseys, iirc and he's my favorite football player of all time, eclipsing Jack Youngblood.

Think I'll spend a good part of the day watching AD highlights

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
As others posted, I'm gutted. I've got 3 AD jerseys, iirc and he's my favorite football player of all time, eclipsing Jack Youngblood.
Me too brother, me too.

SWAdude

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
To me, this says it all to what he did. I will let Geno do the talking.......

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

Not the news I wanted to wake up to this morning.

All the best AD.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree with Otto, still baffling. They could have went harder at some help if they knew AD was retiring. We now are even much more deficient at our pass rush.
It takes two to tango. Jourdan was hinting at this for a while and you better believe agents were asking the Rams about AD's status in 2024. How would you like to be the sucker that will not benefit from the Aaron Donald effect and worse, have to step into his gargantuan shoes?

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let’s say it’s mid December and this team is rolling and gearing up for a potentially deep playoff run.

What’s the legality of AD99 deciding he’d like one more crack at the postseason? Could he come back if he wanted to for a late season push?

Yeah, he could apply for reinstatement and come back, but he'd have to sign a new contract and he'd add a year to, get into the HoF

It won't happen, tho. AD is a guy who makes decisions and doesn't look back

99Balloons

Pro Bowler
Name
G
This bad news is like a kick in the nut.
Thank you Aaron Donald. You’re the greatest of all time.
Stay around Rams camp and be a Rams defensive consultant, pretty please?

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let’s say it’s mid December and this team is rolling and gearing up for a potentially deep playoff run.

What’s the legality of AD99 deciding he’d like one more crack at the postseason? Could he come back if he wanted to for a late season push?
I like this idea a lot.