Aaron Donald Retires

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
AD99 2014
Rob Havenstien 2015
Tyler Higbee 2016 ???

Looks like Big Rob is the last of
The St.Louis Rams teams.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
After having time to digest this - I'm happy I got to watch him am excited to see what we do moving forward as I think the defense is going to have a different look

OregonRamsFan

All Horned Up
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Happy trails, AD. You are legendary. You are irreplaceable. You are 100 percent Rams Nation.

Thanks for the memories and the SB ring!

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My thoughts were sort of the same when all these DR’s were getting paid more than him.It might have been an agreement he had with them threatening The Rams like out of the blue a few years ago & then all of a sudden he was okay again.(that was a thought ?)

AD99 was playing at the HIGHEST level ever IMO. He will always be The GOAT.

Still I’ll drink the Kool-aide & say The Rams could still be a better team without him.
I'm curious to see what they do leading to to the draft and in the draft. Part of me wants them to go fully into the secondary. Draft another safety and corner and just depend on great coverage. Part of me wants them to go receiver first round because the best defense is literally going to be a good offense lol.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I'm curious to see what they do leading to to the draft and in the draft. Part of me wants them to go fully into the secondary. Draft another safety and corner and just depend on great coverage. Part of me wants them to go receiver first round because the best defense is literally going to be a good offense lol.
Losing AD makes the defensive front a requirement. You gotta play the run too. No way around it now.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm still surprised that he walked away from the money and what he knew was a good team. I totally get it though get out while your body is still in good shape before you become one of the former players that can hardly walk around. But yeah never thought he would walk away from the money but happy to have cheered him on with the Rams.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Conor Mcgregor GIF by UFC

View: https://x.com/FB_FilmAnalysis/status/1768678033035288822?s=20

Thank you so much for posting this!
If there’s on play that sums up the terror Aaron Donald, it’s a team so afraid they have to surround him with 4 large human beings.
lol!

I can’t count how many times I’ve played this, but I’m showing anybody who has 30 seconds to spare!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In a way his retirement is like a tornado hitting your house when everything was going good for your family. A black swan event that we have to overcome with no clear path forward. Since drafting another AD is almost impossible, we are going to need some multiple hard hitting bastids at LBer and Dline. I'm gonna miss AD's disruptive presence up the middle.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Losing AD makes the defensive front a requirement. You gotta play the run too. No way around it now.
Good point. Man I need the draft to be over with so I can see the makeup of this team.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We’ll
See what The Rams end up doing w/ free agents in the next few weeks.I like there nerves.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Just checking in to see if anything else terrible happened while I slept after yesterday?
Same… I’m still in shock.

It’s not like we all didn’t know this day was coming and I specifically watched every snap and said to family, “you don’t understand, AD is a generational talent. It would be disrespectful to miss even a single play as his football gift must be cherished.”

And still the news felt like getting T-boned by a drunk driver running the red… starting to look forward, but man… that news hit hard…

What’s next for him? I dunno, what was next for Barry Sanders? I think AD will ride off into the sunset and live his life making the rare appearance. I don’t foresee him being around much, cuz that’s just not him.

More than anything I’m just so thankful.

I’ve said for years now that sports is the crucible in which we distill human virtue. Aaron Donald allowed me to show my kids what DEDICATION looks like in a way that no dictionary or encyclopedia ever could.

AD was the GOAT. How can I say that? Name me a single time any of the other greats was QUADRUPLE TEAMED… I’ll wait. Happened to AD twice. AD had 20.5 sacks from the interior being double teamed 70% of the time. He was regularly triple teamed. No… no one else ever did that.

When we get to the new place, I’m framing two of the three AD jerseys I have.

Now I just gotta save up a fund to get to SoFi when they unveil his statue and induct him into the Ring of Honor. Let’s keep our eyes open and earls peeled and make it the biggest ROD meetup ever!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

If you're wondering why AD walked away from $33m you would have to know that he has already made $157m thus far in his career.

That's a big chunk of money for a DT. Unheard of before AD entered the scene.

RamFanWA

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
DavidG

If you're wondering why AD walked away from $33m you would have to know that he has already made $157m thus far in his career.

That's a big chunk of money for a DT. Unheard of before AD entered the scene.

,,,not counting endorsements, I presume!
Or what he could do in the future.... :)

Ellard80

Legend
I mean play another year of getting quadruple teamed and not getting any younger.

Can't really blame him.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Same… I’m still in shock.

It’s not like we all didn’t know this day was coming and I specifically watched every snap and said to family, “you don’t understand, AD is a generational talent. It would be disrespectful to miss even a single play as his football gift must be cherished.”

And still the news felt like getting T-boned by a drunk driver running the red… starting to look forward, but man… that news hit hard…

What’s next for him? I dunno, what was next for Barry Sanders? I think AD will ride off into the sunset and live his life making the rare appearance. I don’t foresee him being around much, cuz that’s just not him.

More than anything I’m just so thankful.

I’ve said for years now that sports is the crucible in which we distill human virtue. Aaron Donald allowed me to show my kids what DEDICATION looks like in a way that no dictionary or encyclopedia ever could.

AD was the GOAT. How can I say that? Name me a single time any of the other greats was QUADRUPLE TEAMED… I’ll wait. Happened to AD twice. AD had 20.5 sacks from the interior being double teamed 70% of the time. He was regularly triple teamed. No… no one else ever did that.

When we get to the new place, I’m framing two of the three AD jerseys I have.

Now I just gotta save up a fund to get to SoFi when they unveil his statue and induct him into the Ring of Honor. Let’s keep our eyes open and earls peeled and make it the biggest ROD meetup ever!
I grew up thinking Warren Sapp was a generational talent who drove his team to a Super Bowl, and he was. Then came AD and it wasn’t even close!

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I still don't believe it, man.

And I'm astronomically more worried about our defense.

Just absolutely flabbergasted and devastated.