2023 Dodger Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tano

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
They've scored 4 runs in 2 games, clearly it's pitching. Yes game 1 Kershaw shit the bed but come on now 2 runs a game won't get it done in the regular season let alone the playoffs.
I have seen a lot of playoff games where 2 runs are the final score

Pitching wins playoff games

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

I think he is referring to the fact that our pitching is simply not good enough for our bats to only score 2 runs. It really hasn't been all season.

Tano

Legend
I've never left a game early and never will. Stayed til the last pitch. It was painful.
I think I left a game early once in my lifetime and it was against my wishes - i think it was extra innings and it was getting late

I even stayed once for the entire game at Anaheim watching the Angels against some team where they fell behind by 10 runs early.

And guess what - the Angels came back and won that game with a grand slam in the bottom of the 9th to cap the comback

Tano

Legend
I think he is referring to the fact that our pitching is simply not good enough for our bats to only score 2 runs. It really hasn't been all season.
Yeah but I have been saying all year that our pitching is probably going to be our downfall once we get to the playoffs where Pitching wins most playoff games

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Mookie 0-11 Freddie 1-10 Muncy 2-11 yet we lost because of our pitching.

Nope as I say above.

Two runs a game won't win anything in the post season. They averaged 5.6 runs per game during the regular season and completely shit the bed in the post season. Eight times in this post season ,actually add 3 more with the wild card round, scored more runs in a game than these bums did in 3 combined. I'm not saying pitching was great but anybody who's blaming the pitchers for this pathetic result is delusional IMO. Kershaw shit the bed game one, the other two games were very winnable if the high priced bats that did so well in the regular season did anything the last three games.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dave Roberts is the problem. With the amount of talent he’s been given and what he has produced is not acceptable. Had I been in charge, he would been have fired long ago.

Tano

Legend
Mookie 0-11 Freddie 1-10 Muncy 2-11 yet we lost because of our pitching.

Nope as I say above.

Two runs a game won't win anything in the post season. They averaged 5.6 runs per game during the regular season and completely shit the bed in the post season. Eight times in this post season ,actually add 3 more with the wild card round, scored more runs in a game than these bums did in 3 combined. I'm not saying pitching was great but anybody who's blaming the pitchers for this pathetic result is delusional IMO. Kershaw shit the bed game one, the other two games were very winnable if the high priced bats that did so well in the regular season did anything the last three games.
I still say being down 3 or more runs within 3 innings puts pressure on the bats to hit

If our starters could have kept them to 2 runs in 5 innings we might have had a chance

I still blame the pitching putting us in a hole so quick.

Mookie Freddy and Muncy are clutch hitters who were so far behind they couldn't do anything.

To add to this - I would say the majority of the time, if you get down by 3 runs in the first inning and 4 or more runs by the 3rd inning, the team down in the playoffs is going to lose.

Our starters just put us in a hole that we could not come back from.

Last edited:

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I think it was a classic case of being built for the regular season but not for the playoffs. Losing that many starting pitchers was too much to overcome. But it may not have mattered anyway. You aren't winning many games scoring two runs. Which is what they did all 3 games. They picked a bad time for the bats to go quiet. Are we the Atlanta Braves of the 90's? Winning all those divisions with only one championship to show for it?

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Tell me why we dropped Seagar for a Trea Turner again. Dodgers are stupid and they suck. Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman need to be fired now.

Tano

Legend
Tell me why we dropped Seagar for a Trea Turner again. Dodgers are stupid and they suck. Dave Roberts and Andrew Friedman need to be fired now.
That was by far their worst mistake.

Seagar always their best hitter during the playoffs.

When did we win the world series - oh yeah - we had Seagar - imagine that

And then to make matters worst, they couldn't resign Turner.

norcalramfan

Starter
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Meanwhile Bochy back in the series. Robert’s couldn’t carry his jock strap.

Tano

Legend
Muncy says Dodgers hitters tentative in playoffs

This is what I was meaning when I stated the pitchers were the reason the Dodgers lost in the playoffs when the main hitters were something like 1 for 29.

Being behind by 4 or more runs after the first inning in the first two games caused the hitters to be extremely tentative in their approach at the plate. Muncy in the interview basically confirmed my feelings about the hitters in the playoffs.

And by the third game when they fell behind by 3 runs after the third inning, well it was all over by then.

The Dodgers need to find an ACE in free agency plus another top notch pitcher.

Maybe Bobby Miller being a second year player can be the number two pitcher.

Kershaw should be at best the number 4 pitcher with a lot of off days during the season. He is too injury prone now. He was pitching in the playoffs with a bad shoulder.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I knew they were not gonna go far in the playoffs. A classic case of built to win in the regular season but not the playoffs. Good pitching usually beats good hitting. Most playoff teams have good pitching. We didn't. Injuries were a factor. And a knucklehead who can't keep his hands off his significant other. Buehler, May and Urias might have made a difference.

But thats done now. Dodgers are the front runner for Otani. We'll have a good bat in the middle of the lineup but the pitcher will have to wait another year. If they want to get back to the World Series they gotta pick up a couple ace caliber pitchers. Buehler might pitch next year but we have no idea how he comes back from the injury. I don't know about May. Throwing 100 mph might be whats causing the arm problems. Not sure we can count on him for a whole season.

Tano

Legend
I knew they were not gonna go far in the playoffs. A classic case of built to win in the regular season but not the playoffs. Good pitching usually beats good hitting. Most playoff teams have good pitching. We didn't. Injuries were a factor. And a knucklehead who can't keep his hands off his significant other. Buehler, May and Urias might have made a difference.

But thats done now. Dodgers are the front runner for Otani. We'll have a good bat in the middle of the lineup but the pitcher will have to wait another year. If they want to get back to the World Series they gotta pick up a couple ace caliber pitchers. Buehler might pitch next year but we have no idea how he comes back from the injury. I don't know about May. Throwing 100 mph might be whats causing the arm problems. Not sure we can count on him for a whole season.
I 100% agree. That was the argument I had about the Dodgers not going far in the playoffs during the regular season.

You have to have great pitching to go far in the playoffs.

Losing Urias May Buehler and Gonsolin was too much for the Dodgers to make up.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
This whole Ohtani saga has got the baseball world going nuts. They got all worked up over a private plane flying out of Orange to Toronto thinking he was on it to sign with the Blue Jays. Turned out it was just another businessman on a trip there.

They keep saying the Dodgers are front runners. But at what cost? Sure, he's a great player. But they already have good offensive players. He can't pitch this next season. They need pitching. That reared its ugly head in the playoffs. That 500 million it will take to sign him could net them some good pitchers. Aaron Nola. Blake Snell. That pitcher out of Japan. They're still available. I think I'd rather go that route.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
Shoooooooohei!!!! LFG! Wish he could pitch this season, outside of playoff hitting, thats what we could really use. Guess we are out on Yamamoto now? Bummer, was really hoping we'd get him.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Talk is he said he asked for it to be structured thus way to make it easier for us to sign Yamamoto who is joining too.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Its nice to have that kind of power in the lineup. But his pitching will have to wait. All I know is he and Trout made for two of the best in the game but they never won anything. Need pitching if you want to win a championship. I suppose it will boost attendance even more. Game tickets will probably be in higher demand. Which likely means paying more with tickets being more scarce.

Status
Not open for further replies.