2023 Dodger Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Biggest pitcher contract ever

by $1 million over Cole

Tano

Legend
With the acquisitions they got so far, I am calling the Dodgers a World Series team if they stay healthy even if Buehler May or Gonsolin don't return from injury.

I think Miller and the two they just got will be the 3 man rotation that will win games in the playoffs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
With the acquisitions they got so far, I am calling the Dodgers a World Series team if they stay healthy even if Buehler May or Gonsolin don't return from injury.

I think Miller and the two they just got will be the 3 man rotation that will win games in the playoffs.
You're not including Otahni (sp?) in that 3 man are you?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nah he's next year. I'm wondering how he'd do as a dh/closer
I don't see him pitching in any capacity for a year. I suppose it's possible very late in the season but I just don't see it. This is his second Tommy John. Doesn't seem the time to rush him into any kind of pitching slot. We can figure on him being a DH and hopefully a very good one. Sure hope he can get back to his pitching form the season after.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly no to him pitching this year, they've already said that.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I know May won't be pitching till late in the year or the following year. But it sounds like Buehler might be ready in the spring. But they might be limiting his pitch count for a couple of months.

Miller is a guy with potential. His stuff is pretty nasty at times. Fastball hitting 100. He's just gotta learn how to be a pitcher more than a thrower. A healthy Buehler with Yamamoto, Glasnow and Miller should make for a solid rotation if they find that 5th guy.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
All eyes are on Ohtani in spring training. They weren't exactly committed to him starting the season with them. They could wait a few weeks.

Even if he's not in the lineup its still a pretty stacked one. Betts, Freeman, Smith, Muncy, Hernandez and Outman all have some pretty good power. If guys stay healthy enough, with Ohtani in the lineup I can see two guys hitting over 40 HRS and a couple others 30 plus. With a few others in the 20's.

The bottom line will be health. Buehler's surgery was a year and a half ago. I can see him in the rotation by mid season. Gonsolin and May's surgeries were just last year. I don't see them pitching this year.

But think about 2025. A healthy Ohtani, Buehler, May and Gonsolin to go with Yamamoto and Glasnow. A couple up and coming guys in Miller and Sheehan. They could be pretty stacked. And maybe find their closer in one of those starters like the Dodgers did with Gagne and the Braves did with John Smoltz.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Cardinals are gonna be a pretty stacked farm system themselves: Victor Scott II led the Minors in stolen bases, Thomas Saggese won the Texas League MVP, Tink Hence and Tekoah Roby look like potentail top-of-the-rotation pitchers, and Masyn Winn is just a dynamite player at shortstop.

The major concern is starting pitching (I trust Sonny Gray. Not so much Lynn, Gibson, or Matz.) and who will play centerfield (because Edman's on IL). Scott and Saggese could both see playing time, and then there's a bunch of other pitchers like Graceffo, McGreevy, Hjerpe, Hansen, Robberse, and Kloffenstein who all look good - and we've got the makings of a solid bullpen.

And we're drafting in the top seven for the first time in years. Let's just hope we make the playoffs this year...

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dodgers traded a couple guys on the 40 man roster and got a teams #6 prospect. He became #18 in our system :D Dodgers always loaded in the minors.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dodgers traded a couple guys on the 40 man roster and got a teams #6 prospect. He became #18 in our system :D Dodgers always loaded in the minors.
Yeah. I remember Magic talking about bringing back the Dodgers farm system to what it used to be. Looks like it is working. We seem to have a shitload of prospects once again.

Tano

Legend
They better fix Yamamoto's tell otherwise he is going to be a so so pitcher.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They better fix Yamamoto's tell otherwise he is going to be a so so pitcher.
Are we worried about preseason performance? This is new to me since it's always the time when players work on things.

Tano

Legend
Are we worried about preseason performance? This is new to me since it's always the time when players work on things.
Naw I don't care about preseason performances.

This was a story last week that his glove moves differently on a certain pitch.

And I remember the world series game (last game against Astros) where the current SD pitcher had a tell and he got killed in the first inning because of that tell.

Yamamoto has a similar tell and they really need to fix it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Naw I don't care about preseason performances.

This was a story last week that his glove moves differently on a certain pitch.

And I remember the world series game (last game against Astros) where the current SD pitcher had a tell and he got killed in the first inning because of that tell.

Yamamoto has a similar tell and they really need to fix it.
Interesting, dad and my uncles are down there right now and were commenting how he looks good in practice but in that game he was working on some different stuff.

Tano

Legend
Interesting, dad and my uncles are down there right now and were commenting how he looks good in practice but in that game he was working on some different stuff.
Yeah - I don't think tells matter much in Spring Training due to everyone working on stuff so he only got hit hard because of working on stuff. But it worries me when I hear his glove moves differently on that one pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.