2023 Dodger Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tano

Legend
Starting up a 2023 Dodger Thread

Anyway, I have been watching some Dodger spring training highlights and Outman needs a new helmet that fits.

That thing is always almost coming off.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Hey, I started the 2023 Baseball Thread first! So what if it was praising Jordan Walker?

And from what I've seen of the Dodgers, Miguel Vargas just won't swing the bat ever, and he still gets walks. It boggles my mind.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hey, I started the 2023 Baseball Thread first! So what if it was praising Jordan Walker?

And from what I've seen of the Dodgers, Miguel Vargas just won't swing the bat ever, and he still gets walks. It boggles my mind.
*Gets split Dodger/Cardinals cap...." ~ Memento

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
For the first time in years the Dodgers are not projected to win the division by most. The Padres are. And losing Lux certainly doesn't help. I thought this might be the year he breaks out. Not sure what they do at short. I guess Miguel Rojas is the guy. He's more of a journeyman bottom of the order type player.

They're still potent at the top and middle of the order with Betts, Freeman, Smith and Muncy. J.D. Martinez's numbers were down last season but he should provide some offense in the DH spot. Outman and Vargas had good numbers in the minors. Not so much when called up. But the potential is there for both. We'll have to see how much they improve this season.

Starting pitching is good enough win and get them to the playoffs. Is it good enough for a deep run? No way to know at the moment. Not sure what they plan to do with the closer spot. Treinen is still on the injured list. Not sure when or if he returns. Might be closer by committee unless someone steps up and shows he can be the guy.

Tano

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Well you need to start a Cardinal thread too

Baseball Thread is for all teams

As to Vargas, he is just getting work on his fielding. He has been ordered to not swing due to his fractured pinky and you're right - how in hell is he getting walks lol.

Tano

Legend
Dodgers are an odd team

Game 1 8 runs
Game 3 10 runs
Game 5 13 runs

Games 2 & 4 - 1 run each

Tano

Legend
Well the Dodger pitching staff is so far showing what I thought they would show.

I like Urias and May and hope Gonsolin recovers soon but Kershaw is just a decent pitcher now and the ex-Met pitcher is a shell of himself.

Grove is not ready.

And the bullpen has one really good pitcher and just decent to so so pitchers

Roberts should have taken Grove out in the third

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Dodgers need to do something about their pitching if they want to make a run. It's been brutal.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think this is Max's way of saying SF sucks.
FB_IMG_1681396241580.jpg

Tano

Legend
Roberts sometimes really makes questionable moves

Let's leave Jackson in to give up 4 homers and 5 runs in two innings - great move Roberts

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Dodgers off to a slow start. I won't press the panic button just yet. I always felt we don't know how good, or bad a team is until they've been playing a couple months. For some, even longer.

Tano

Legend
Dodgers off to a slow start. I won't press the panic button just yet. I always felt we don't know how good, or bad a team is until they've been playing a couple months. For some, even longer.
They need to do something with Almonte and Vesia - those two are killing the Dodgers right now

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
They need to do something with Almonte and Vesia - those two are killing the Dodgers right now
Its early. They both pitched well last season. Vesia was pretty good the year before. If they're still struggling in a couple months then yeah, they should not be pitching in close games. We'll see.

Tano

Legend
Its early. They both pitched well last season. Vesia was pretty good the year before. If they're still struggling in a couple months then yeah, they should not be pitching in close games. We'll see.
I would not put them in close games right now until they can get their stuff going again.

Usually a pitching coach can tell if their stuff is popping or not before a game.

Tano

Legend
I hope she said yes. Because that would be the all time worst day of his life.
If she did say yes - I would be laughing about it and telling stories to my kids and grandkids about the day I proposed to my wife at Dodger Stadium

Edit - that's not Dodger Stadium

Tano

Legend
I would not put them in close games right now until they can get their stuff going again.

Usually a pitching coach can tell if their stuff is popping or not before a game.
Well I guess the Dodgers have given up on Vesia

Status
Not open for further replies.