2015 NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
BTW.

@jrry32 Your boy Langford turned in a 4.43. I'm sold!

Gordon put in a 4.52. Thought he'd be much better. The 4.4 range.

These RB times seem a bit slow.

The WRs were fast and the HBs were weirdly slow. Josh Robinson ran a 4.70 or something like that. Doesn't change my opinion of him, though.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Smelter is fine. I still wouldn't pass up the chance of Cooper/White/|DGB (If I were convinced of a maturity epiphany) for Smelter.

I wouldn't pass up Cooper but I would pass up the other two. And I love KW. But if I could trade down and get one of my top OLs then grab Smelter in the 3rd or 4th? Hell yea. If Smelter were healthy, he would have run faster than Waller. That's something to think about.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Funny how differently people are things. I thought Maruota looked fantastic (and I've been down on him all year) and I thought Petty clearly is the #3 qb

I thought Winston looked great too and the forty and long jump? He did better than Brady. I'd rather him not be a runner. He is more likely to stand tall and make a play with his arm.

Athos

Legend
The WRs were fast and the HBs were weirdly slow. Josh Robinson ran a 4.70 or something like that. Doesn't change my opinion of him, though.

I hear ya. Langford runs angry. And an angry 4.43 is what I want paired with Mason if we can. A 4.43 at 6 flat and over 200 LBS is the kind of back I'd like.

But Robinson sure motors along faster than the 4.7 suggests.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Beasley having a terrific combine already. Came in at around 250 and put up 35 reps of 225. He didn't need to prove anything else. The "too small" narrative is finally put to rest, and all that's left is an explosive freakishly athletic pass rusher with advanced hand use and an array of moves. Top 5 pick in my opinion.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I wouldn't pass up Cooper but I would pass up the other two. And I love KW. But if I could trade down and get one of my top OLs then grab Smelter in the 3rd or 4th? Hell yea. If Smelter were healthy, he would have run faster than Waller. That's something to think about.
When do you think he will run?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Beasley having a terrific combine already. Came in at around 250 and put up 35 reps of 225. He didn't need to prove anything else. The "too small" narrative is finally put to rest, and all that's left is an explosive freakishly athletic pass rusher with advanced hand use and an array of moves. Top 5 pick in my opinion.

Probably. I thought coming into the Combine that either he or Ray would take that #1 Pass Rusher title from Randy Gregory. Seems like Beasley is doing it. And it's honestly deserved. Guy was an exceptional pass rusher in college and underrated going into the Combine.

That all said, he does need to prove other things. The bench isn't very meaningful. He needs to post strong jump numbers and a good 40(4.5 to 4.6) to place himself in the top 5.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Beasley I can see top 10. I doubt top 5.

Top 5 is almost etched in stone.

Mariota, Winston, Williams, White, Cooper.

Not sure how Beasley cracks that... Well, it's possible that Cooper slips to 6. I did say that #5 was a wild card...

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

Not sure how Beasley cracks that... Well, it's possible that Cooper slips to 6. I did say that #5 was a wild card...
Depends on needs, dude. Some of those teams need premium pass rushers, and this draft only has a few of them.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
That all said, he does need to prove other things. The bench isn't very meaningful. He needs to post strong jump numbers and a good 40(4.5 to 4.6) to place himself in the top 5.

The bench just shows his strength. It's not the biggest deal, but it shows how strong he is, and you can see it when he sheds blocks. He's strong in other ways too, love how he converts his speed to power, he's got a nice bull rush for a small guy. It's just an added bonus, teams were concerned about his upper body strength and his size.

Yeah, the 40 and the jump numbers are great, but he plays blazing fast on tape, so even if he runs slow teams are going to know that he's plenty fast. He doesn't necessarily have to prove that.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay

Nah. One of Gregory/Ray/Beasley is probably going to Jacksonville. They need an elite LEO and you could make a great great case that Vic Beasley is their man.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
You think they're going to pass up Leonard Williams???

I mean, that's entirely possible, but I think he could be a JJ Watt type in that D. I dunno. I think the have a JAG at their RDE now where as Williams would be someone very special.

Plus, the Jags need to be able to generate pressure AND defend the run. Sounds like Williams to me.

But, you could easily be right, too.

Pretty sure if Williams gets past the Jags at 3, phones are going to be ringing off the hook for Oakland... they'll have their choice of White, Cooper or Williams... all of whom they could use.

I dunno. The first round could be pretty sedate or the wild west...

Man, this late draft crap is maddening. I said last year I wasn't gonna get into it this early...dammit.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When do you think he will run?

I doubt he will. He tore his ACL against Georgia.(final game of the regular season for GT)

But I can see on film that he's fast. Plus, check out his hips here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D77Bt-_pavk

Skip to 1:37

Look at how fluid they are on the hitch and go. He makes it look easy when most 6'2"/6'3" 220+ pound WRs struggle sinking their hips into the hitch and then exploding out of it to the go like he did.

He has tremendous flexibility and fluidity in his hips and body overall. He accelerates quickly off the LOS, has impressive top-end speed, MASSIVE hands, and is very physical while running routes. He bullies defenders and is not afraid to push off. Which I like. You can always reign a big guy in on pushing off but it's hard to instill that sort of aggressive, bully mindset in them if they don't have it.

To put it bluntly, Smelter is a freak. If he hadn't torn his ACL, I'd be saying that we need to trade down and take him in the first. Because IMO, he would have ran in the 4.38 to 4.45 range at the Combine. He's faster on tape than Waller.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You think they're going to pass up Leonard Williams???

I mean, that's entirely possible, but I think he could be a JJ Watt type in that D. I dunno. I think the have a JAG at their RDE now where as Williams would be someone very special.

Plus, the Jags need to be able to generate pressure AND defend the run. Sounds like Williams to me.

But, you could easily be right, too.

Pretty sure if Williams gets past the Jags at 3, phones are going to be ringing off the hook for Oakland... they'll have their choice of White, Cooper or Williams... all of whom they could use.

I dunno. The first round could be pretty sedate or the wild west...

Man, this late draft crap is maddening. I said last year I wasn't gonna get into it this early...dammit.

I think Tennessee takes Leonard Williams at #2.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I doubt he will. He tore his ACL against Georgia.(final game of the regular season for GT)

But I can see on film that he's fast. Plus, check out his hips here:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D77Bt-_pavk

Skip to 1:37

Look at how fluid they are on the hitch and go. He makes it look easy when most 6'2"/6'3" 220+ pound WRs struggle sinking their hips into the hitch and then exploding out of it to the go like he did.

He has tremendous flexibility and fluidity in his hips and body overall. He accelerates quickly off the LOS, has impressive top-end speed, MASSIVE hands, and is very physical while running routes. He bullies defenders and is not afraid to push off. Which I like. You can always reign a big guy in on pushing off but it's hard to instill that sort of aggressive, bully mindset in them if they don't have it.

To put it bluntly, Smelter is a freak. If he hadn't torn his ACL, I'd be saying that we need to trade down and take him in the first. Because IMO, he would have ran in the 4.38 to 4.45 range at the Combine. He's faster on tape than Waller.

Reminds me of Boldin, but bigger.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I'm having a really hard time keeping my focus on an O Lineman in the first round with Cooper, White, and DGB looking at me all puppy dog eyed.
Sam Bradford will really hard time keeping his focus on the New First Round draft pick Wide Receiver with No NFL grade OL blocking for him with his butt planted in the turf like.

But I agree with you some its distracting some even for a OL man like me. Kevin White just looks great!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reminds me of Boldin, but bigger.

I'm cheating some since he also played at GT but he reminds me of DeMaryius Thomas. Similarly sized, similar athleticism, and very physical. Thomas was better on jump balls coming out but Smelter might get there. He's only played two years of college football. Was a college baseball player at GT before that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Sam Bradford will really hard time keeping his focus on the New First Round draft pick Wide Receiver with No NFL grade OL blocking for him with his butt planted in the turf like.

But I agree with you some its distracting some even for a OL man like me. Kevin White just looks great!
I'd trade away the rest of this year's draft to get White/Cooper, and a combo of any two: Scherff; Erving; Cann; Tomlinson; Peat; Flowers; or Collins.

edit: I like Fisher, and Douglas too, along with a few others.