2015 NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

Because he will be gone at 10.

to who?

2. Titans - defense/qb (they keep claiming faith in mettenberger though)
3.Jags - Defense
4.Raiders - Everyone has Cooper going here but could go D
5.Redskins - Defense/o-line
6.Jets - QB most likely
7.Bears
8.Falcons.
9.Giants

for the last 3 I really see Defense or O-line in some form or fashion...definitely not receiver (each team has one or 2)

Of course trades screw things up but that's how a lot of mocks are shaking out + just my opinion of those teams needs

iced

Not trying to defend Winston here...but didn't Bridgewater suck at the Combine as well? And didn't he win ORotY?

Give some love to Norv Turner here...

and no, he didn't - ODB did

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
to who?

2. Titans - defense/qb (they keep claiming faith in mettenberger though)
3.Jags - Defense
4.Raiders - Everyone has Cooper going here but could go D
5.Redskins - Defense/o-line
6.Jets - QB most likely
7.Bears
8.Falcons.
9.Giants

for the last 3 I really see Defense or O-line in some form or fashion...definitely not receiver (each team has one or 2)

Of course trades screw things up but that's how a lot of mocks are shaking out + just my opinion of those teams needs

The Jaguars are going to be a very dangerous team if Leonard Williams somehow manages to fall into their laps. Good fate, can you imagine their potent offense combined with a great defensive draft? They'd immediately challenge the Colts for the division.

iced

The Jaguars are going to be a very dangerous team if Leonard Williams somehow manages to fall into their laps. Good fate, can you imagine their potent offense combined with a great defensive draft? They'd immediately challenge the Colts for the division.

I still think they need more help on D, particularly at edge rusher. They made some strides toward the end of last year - next year should be interesting.. I wonder which RB they're gonna go after as well.

Don't forget though they have FA's - like Cecil shorts.

Athos

Legend
DGB is not going to last in this league. Not with the personal conduct policy the way it is. I'm willing to bet all of my ROD money that he's already failed the drug test at the Combine. Parker is a much safer bet, and he's just as talented as DGB, if not more so.

I'll take that bet. But I'd likely clean your clocks. As I said, if DGB convinces you, and you work Jenkins-esque language into his contract, you'd be plum stupid not to take him where you can.

Potent offense? :confused: In what world?

They're a legit RB and probably some line play away from even being average.

Is it just me or is almost everyone running slow this combine?

Agreed. Not sure what's up.

Athos

Legend
BTW.

@jrry32 Your boy Langford turned in a 4.43. I'm sold!

Gordon put in a 4.52. Thought he'd be much better. The 4.4 range.

These RB times seem a bit slow.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I still think they need more help on D, particularly at edge rusher. They made some strides toward the end of last year - next year should be interesting.. I wonder which RB they're gonna go after as well.

Don't forget though they have FA's - like Cecil shorts.

But they also have guys like Blake Bortles, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, and Denard Robinson. They have a solid offensive line. They have a great secondary already, and their head coach is really underrated.

Really, all they need are pass-rushers and one complimentary running back (Yeldon is my guess).

iced

But they also have guys like Blake Bortles, Marqise Lee, Allen Robinson, Allen Hurns, and Denard Robinson. They have a solid offensive line. They have a great secondary already, and their head coach is really underrated.

Really, all they need are pass-rushers and one complimentary running back (Yeldon is my guess).

Eh I disagree with their line and secondary... Those receivers ned to stay healthy, I do like their head coach.

But I'm not nearly as high on them... and they are drafting #3 for a reason after all, despite being in one of the weakest divisions (Titans are right above them lol)

they also gotta decide if they wanna resign Tyson Alualu

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/2/9/8004633/nfl-free-agents-2015-jacksonville-jaguars-ranking

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'll take that bet. But I'd likely clean your clocks. As I said, if DGB convinces you, and you work Jenkins-esque language into his contract, you'd be plum stupid not to take him where you can.

Potent offense? :confused: In what world?

They're a legit RB and probably some line play away from even being average.

Good. I already have it set up. And I don't care if you do or don't. I'm just willing to put my money where my mouth is, as are you. But I have no reason to believe that a known pothead/woman-beater isn't going to fuck up at some point.

And I don't think you know enough about Jacksonville. They're a better and younger offensive line than we are. They found two rookies who started immediately for them. They still have Joeckel. They signed Zane Beadles to a contract. They drafted two top wide receivers and found an undrafted gem in Hurns. They have two tight ends who can both block and catch, and Denard Robinson was ripping off 100 yards-per-game when he was the starter before he went down with an ACL. All they need on offense is a power back to compliment them. Their secondary is top-notch, they have a solid middle linebacker in Posluszny, and they're in a position to draft either Williams or Dante Fowler Jr. They're going to be a real dark horse next year.

Athos

Legend

They were 31st in overall yardage
32nd in pts/game
21st in rush/game
31st in pass/game
31st in yards/game

They battled with OAK being the worst offense in the league last year.

They need more help than Yeldon. Significantly more. That said, they won't get WR again. Too many other greater needs with superior/equal talent defensively, to the WRs.

I can't see them trading down and missing out on a stud DE though. They'll have one in their laps for sure. They'd be dumb passing on Leonard.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Eh I disagree with their line and secondary... Those receivers ned to stay healthy, I do like their head coach.

But I'm not nearly as high on them... and they are drafting #3 for a reason after all, despite being in one of the weakest divisions (Titans are right above them lol)

they also gotta decide if they wanna resign Tyson Alualu

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2015/2/9/8004633/nfl-free-agents-2015-jacksonville-jaguars-ranking

They won't re-sign Alualu. Too big of a contract. And their secondary has Cyprien, Josh Evans, and a whole bunch of corners.

Memento

Name
Jemma
They were 31st in overall yardage
32nd in pts/game
21st in rush/game
31st in pass/game
31st in yards/game

They battled with OAK being the worst offense in the league last year.

They need more help than Yeldon. Significantly more. That said, they won't get WR again. Too many other greater needs with superior/equal talent defensively, to the WRs.

I can't see them trading down and missing out on a stud DE though. They'll have one in their laps for sure. They'd be dumb passing on Leonard.

They had three rookies starting at wide receiver, a guy who was playing running back for the first time ever (Robinson), one second-year left tackle coming off of an ACL, and two rookies in the interior. Oh, and let's not forget their rookie quarterback.

Athos

Legend
But I have no reason to believe that a known pothead/woman-beater isn't going to freak up at some point.

Barreling through a door, resulting in the person on the other side falling down doesn't make him a woman-beater. He's a dumb ass who didn't know what a break-up with your GF means, but he's hardly a woman-beater at this point. He didn't go to town on the girl, knock her around, or throw her around. I've seen regular females wail on each other far harder than DGB shoving open a door.

As I said, he still has two doors open for him.

The Gordon/Rice door and the door where he atones for his mistakes and keeps himself out of trouble. We'll see. Until something severe happens to make me believe otherwise, I'll believe he can turn it around.

They had three rookies starting at wide receiver, a guy who was playing running back for the first time ever (Robinson), one second-year left tackle coming off of an ACL, and two rookies in the interior. Oh, and let's not forget their rookie quarterback.

Yea......and they aren't, imo, going to suddenly swing 5-6 points on their total to break the top 20. I saw them on offense.

Bortles was god-awful. Like Austin Davis awful, only he was able to run it more successfully. And Robinson isn't a 3 down back.

Robinson is legit though. He was a target early on before anyone else for the Rams in the 2nd.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Looks pretty clear that Winston, Mariota, Hundley, and Petty are QB's in this class. Did anyone else stand out to anyone?

Winston's release is really improved already. Hundley and Mariota's other measurables are very high.

Last edited:

iced

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
Not only that they have amazing cap flexabilityvif I am remembering correctly

jjab360

Legend
Jags? Potent offense? Huh?

Also, Williams is good, but I doubt he'd turn around their defensive fortunes single handedly. They probably have one of the least talented defenses in the NFL.