2015 NFL Combine

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Jags? Potent offense? Huh?

Also, Williams is good, but I doubt he'd turn around their defensive fortunes single handedly. They probably have one of the least talented defenses in the NFL.

Look at my above statement regarding their offense. And their defense is talented, especially in the secondary. All they really need is Williams and two other outside pass-rushers to make them a dangerous defense. No secondary survives without a pass-rush.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Barreling through a door, resulting in the person on the other side falling down doesn't make him a woman-beater. He's a dumb ass who didn't know what a break-up with your GF means, but he's hardly a woman-beater at this point. He didn't go to town on the girl, knock her around, or throw her around. I've seen regular females wail on each other far harder than DGB shoving open a door.

As I said, he still has two doors open for him.

The Gordon/Rice door and the door where he atones for his mistakes and keeps himself out of trouble. We'll see. Until something severe happens to make me believe otherwise, I'll believe he can turn it around

Yea......and they aren't, imo, going to suddenly swing 5-6 points on their total to break the top 20. I saw them on offense.

Bortles was god-awful. Like Austin Davis awful, only he was able to run it more successfully. And Robinson isn't a 3 down back.

Robinson is legit though. He was a target early on before anyone else for the Rams in the 2nd.

Could a woman fall down four flights of stairs by some guy barreling through a door? In a fantasy super-hero comic book, sure. He's not just a dumbass; he's a violent drug-addicted thug who sought out his girlfriend and hurt another woman in the process. Why people continue to defend his sorry ass and give him chance after chance to fuck up his life as well as the lives of everyone around him, I don't know. I'd rather draft Winston over him, and everyone should know just how much I hate Winston as a person.

Bortles was bad. He was also a rookie. His three starting wide receivers were rookies. Three out of the five members of his offensive line hadn't even started sixteen games. His top running back, while he isn't a three-down back, carried them for a stretch. One-hundred yards-per-game is not something to sneeze at, especially since it was his first year toting the rock in the NFL.

They were atrocious, but that's the thing: players grow up, especially with a good head coach.

Last edited:

jjab360

Legend
They had three rookies starting at wide receiver, a guy who was playing running back for the first time ever (Robinson), one second-year left tackle coming off of an ACL, and two rookies in the interior. Oh, and let's not forget their rookie quarterback.
Okay, and? How does any of this equal a potent offense? A young offense, sure, but if young=good, the Rams would've had the best team in the league for years now.

Memento

Name
Jemma
Okay, and? How does any of this equal a potent offense? A young offense, sure, but if young=good, the Rams would've had the best team in the league for years now.

Young = potential. And all of those players on offense have shown a ton of potential. I know that a lot of people don't agree with me, but I'm actually glad that we don't play the Jaguars this year. If Khan sticks with his coach like Kroenke has done with Fisher and Snead, this Jaguars team could definitely make some noise in the second-weakest division in football.

Athos

Legend
Could a woman fall down four flights of stairs by some guy barreling through a door?

Erm, not to be a prick, but simple physics would do it if the stairs were right behind the door, which is true of most houses and many apartments. He probably had 110 LBs on her. Charging through a door blindly can easily knock her over.

And I"m not defending him. What he did was awful, but please man. Let's not bring out the morality police to label him a woman-beater on one case.

I can forgive a guy, provided he cleans up his act before he becomes a real monster. (Ray Rice).

Memento

Name
Jemma
Erm, not to be a prick, but simple physics would do it if the stairs were right behind the door, which is true of most houses and many apartments. He probably had 110 LBs on her. Charging through a door blindly can easily knock her over.

And I"m not defending him. What he did was awful, but please man. Let's not bring out the morality police to label him a woman-beater on one case.

I can forgive a guy, provided he cleans up his act before he becomes a real monster. (Ray Rice).

Most houses and apartments don't have four flights of stairs.

I'm not the morality police. I'm just sick and tired of Missouri players hurting, abusing, and raping women on campus. That's why I wanted Alden gone, and I'm beyond glad that he stepped down. I'm sick of fucking punks like DGB, Aldon Smith, Derrick Washington, and Michael Dixon (to name only a few out of many) dishonoring my team. That's where I'm coming from.

And who says that he isn't a real monster already? He's neither expressed nor shown any remorse for anything he's ever done, he continues the same destructive lifestyle that he did in high school, and he hangs around the same gangbangers and druggies that he's had since before Missouri put everything they had into recruiting him.

Athos

Legend
I'm not defending him in the least, but when you grow with awful biological parents, it's a struggle and weight to get out of back practices you picked up from them.

I'm not the morality police. I'm just sick and tired of Missouri players hurting, abusing, and raping women on campus.

Welcome to the collegiate world in general. It isn't just Missouri, and never will be just Missouri.

And who says that he isn't a real monster already?

Certainly not you nor I who don't even know the kid.

Until some event convinces me otherwise, I'll believe he can still be salvaged. The world is depressing as shit enough already and my former field of journalism already put enough cynicism in my life. I don't need more of it.

Memento

Name
Jemma
I'm not defending him in the least, but when you grow with awful biological parents, it's a struggle and weight to get out of back practices you picked up from them.

Welcome to the collegiate world in general. It isn't just Missouri, and never will be just Missouri.

Certainly not you nor I who don't even know the kid.

Until some event convinces me otherwise, I'll believe he can still be salvaged. The world is depressing as crap enough already and my former field of journalism already put enough cynicism in my life. I don't need more of it.

Brian Coulter (remember him?) was born addicted to crack cocaine, his addicted mother shot his abusive father dead, he spent years in foster homes. He damn near got the Rudy award. L'Damian Washington had nothing but his siblings. Michael Sam had a crowd of horrible family members around him. They came out of it stronger. Jimmy Graham and Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls) had mothers who abandoned them and fathers who were never there. Now both of them are superstars. Look at Michael Oher and his past. Regardless of what he did in the NFL, he got out. Look at Lamarcus Joyner, who grew up in one of the worst areas in all of Florida. Point is, there's plenty of people who make something of themselves regardless of all of the shit that they've had to go through. I have no sympathy for DGB at all.

Welcome to Mizzou, where we still employ the Rex Sharp - the same piece of shit who refused to save Aaron O'Neal's life when the poor kid was begging someone to help him - as the football team's primary physician. Welcome to Mizzou, where Quinn Snyder conducted the most scandalous and horrific regime in NCAA basketball at that time (Dave Bliss aside). Welcome to Mizzou, where female athlete suicides happened at an alarming rate after they had been raped by unnamed football players. Their own coaches said to them, "Don't get help; you'll ruin the football program." Welcome to Mizzou, where we spat out thugs like Hannah, Butterfield, Washington, etc. like it was our job. All of that is unacceptable. Completely and utterly unacceptable.

Yeah, I'm a cynical, blunt bastard, but I'm also honest with what I believe. I have no reason to believe that DGB can be salvaged, in college or the NFL. He has given me no reason to believe in him. If people aren't willing to change after they go through a traumatic, life-altering event, then they never will.

Last edited:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Something else I saw today - not really Ram related, and I'm not the most knowledgable about QB's or they're mechanics so feel free to disagree with me on this - but comparing Winston and Mariota in terms of how they threw the ball today there was a real clear winner in the form of Jameis Winston. I know - they're in gym shorts , there's no D, they know where they're going with the ball and you can't really judge a QB by them throwing it around at the combine - but Winston throws a much, much prettier ball than Mariota. Watching Mariota I just instinctively felt the ball came out a split second too late and on those out routes he didn't really nail it in there. Every throw I watched of Winston he was bang on with his timing, showed great touch and accuracy. If it was an "on the field" judgement about the two I know who I'd pick. I think the Buc's are going to take a gamble on his personality and character issues. I hope it pays off because I think he's a really talented kid and I want to see him do well.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Uh. I'm sure there's a designated DGB thread to argue about in.

Athos

Legend
Brian Coulter (remember him?) was born addicted to crack cocaine, his addicted mother shot his abusive father dead, he spent years in foster homes. He damn near got the Rudy award. L'Damian Washington had nothing but his siblings. Michael Sam had a crowd of horrible family members around him. They Jimmy Graham and Jimmy Butler (Chicago Bulls) had mothers who abandoned them and fathers who were never there. Now both of them are superstars. Look at Michael Oher and his past. Regardless of what he did in the NFL, he got out. Look at Lamarcus Joyner, who grew up in one of the worst areas in all of Florida. Point is, there's plenty of people who make something of themselves regardless of all of the crap that they've had to go through. I have no sympathy for DGB at all.

People aren't the same. For every positive example you find, you find others who took longer.

But good to know you would have stopped believing in Chris Carter and believed he deserved no one to give him a second chance. Real nice of you. He took quite a long time to turn his life around, but he did so and is one of the more admiral former NFL guys imo.

Memento

Name
Jemma
People aren't the same. For every positive example you find, you find others who took longer.

But good to know you would have stopped believing in Chris Carter and believed he deserved no one to give him a second chance. Real nice of you. He took quite a long time to turn his life around, but he did so and is one of the more admiral former NFL guys imo.

I give people a second chance. I'm not stupid enough to give them a third or fourth.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The top 4, Cooper, White, Parker, and DGB, have just as much talent imo, than the top 4 WRs last year.

Cooper better than Watkins.
DGB better than Evans.

White and Parker, at worst, equal to KB.

White equal to Benjamin? You drunk? White blows KB out of the water. White is the best WR in this draft and I am not the only one that thinks so.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
This thread really got derailed with the Jaguars quarrel.

I am not up for using a first rounder on DGB either, especially not the tenth pick. Too risky.

Athos

Legend
White equal to Benjamin? You drunk? White blows KB out of the water. White is the best WR in this draft and I am not the only one that thinks so.

I said at worst case scenario for the production you'd get. White is a beast and more developed than KB by far.

Memento

Name
Jemma
This thread really got derailed with the Jaguars quarrel.

I am not up for using a first rounder on DGB either, especially not the tenth pick. Too risky.

I apologize for derailing the thread. If the mods want to remove my posts, they can.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Funny how differently people are things. I thought Maruota looked fantastic (and I've been down on him all year) and I thought Petty clearly is the #3 qb