Will the Cleveland Browns Give Up Three First Round Picks to Land Johnny Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
In 2013 Snead gave up 3 draft selections...One first round pick a second round pick & a seventh round pick to move up 8 spots from #16 to #8 in the first round. Why would any GM give up a 2nd overall pick in the entire draft valued @ least 2600 pts for the 4th overall valued @ 1800 pts & a second rd selection valued around 520 pts total-ling up to about one high second round pick short.

Many say the old valued system is not used? Really ....less than a yr ago Buffulo traded its first rd pick valued @ 1400 pts for the Rams first round pick valued @ 1000 pts & a second round pick valued @ 440 pts & a 7th rd picks valued @ 10pts. Looks might close to the old valued draft trade chart is working even today. So we have fellow posters who will make the trade down with the Browns just for a second round pick just to select Sammy Watkins? That pretend GM would even fired himself once he discovers what a stupid waste of rare priceless draft value he threw in the trash....

Anyone here think that the Texans desire to be in the Browns spot @#4? For only a late first round pick?

Texans badly need & want a QB plus if they did that trade down to #4 its a very strong chance that two top QB's will be off the boards most likely Bortles & Manziel? Others seem to think that the Texans would do that so they could just draft Jadeveon @ #4....Really ?

Snead Fisher & Williams would not leave the Texans Jadeveon Clowney to steal @ #4 would they? First off because they will select him or just make & take the half dozen trade down offers for him. Leaving the Texans looking stupid.

Browns will most likely have to give up both their first round #4 selection & their first round #26 selection In addition their second round pick just to make that trade close in value. Whereas Rams there @ #2 could be made less saving the Browns that high values early second round pick.. Texans demand will be higher than the Rams period Rams have so much room to deal.

Normally I would agree with you on the trading scale. The only way I think Cleveland does this is if they can get Manziel and they think he's their RGIII. Otherwise, they can still get a good QB staying where they are at without giving up that much.

I have no clue what will happen of course but I do think in this one is situational. What Texas does will be key.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
why would you take that when you would surely get more from another team, with Bridgewaters stock seeming to drop, that leaves 2 top rated QBs in this draft, and you need to be picking #1 or #2 to get one of them, also add in the fact that Clowney will attract some bidders too and you could have 4 or 5 teams bidding for your spot, a first and second is not going to get it IMO, if Cleveland wants the #2 pick IMO they will need to give up either both their firsts and their second round picks this year, or their #4 and their second rounder this year and their first next year.[/quote]

this thead is will they give 3 1st for manziel not 3 fst for one of top 2 qb so why would they make that trade with us when the texans might take manziel. but you are right we could get a knock your socks off offer from some other team which i would take. i guess it boils down to do you get a better deal at 2 with more competition or 4 with more desperation. if we made said trade and clowny was at 4 we get him and a 2nd thats a good deal. if clowny is gone there is only 1 of the big 3 qb left so there could be multible desperate teams trying to get their qb. but i agree with you if we get a great offer at 2 take it but i just don't know if teams are going to make offers you just can't refuse

Ram_of_Old

No one is as stupid as the Redskin's Dan Snyder....I doubt they will.