Will the Cleveland Browns Give Up Three First Round Picks to Land Johnny Manziel?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I'm thinkin ONLY Houston would get that RG like deal THEN they might trade back with us to get into the #2 slot to pick Bortles

That would be great but it would probably be a long shot. I could see Cleveland dealing them their two first round picks and Bortles still available at #4 with the Jags taking Bridgewater.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G
I don't think they would give up 3 . . .(net 2) like the Redskins did for RG3, I don't think Manziel is viewed that way, RG3 had amazing speed and Redskins overpaid, IMO . . . Cleveland could stay where they are and get Manziel . . .

iced

To move up two spots? Now way. We'll be fortunate to get two #1's and a second next year.

you do remember what Washington gave up to move from 6 to 2?

3 #1's and the #2 that year.... If Jacksonville really wants Manziel or another team, it becomes a bidding war....who wants to give up the most..

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

3 #1's and the #2 that year.... If Jacksonville really wants Manziel or another team, it becomes a bidding war....who wants to give up the most..

It's difficult to think we can strike gold again! But, it's possible!

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Remember all the clowns crying at the pd board that Snead should have made the deal with the Browns instead of the skins just after the trade was announced, or was it after holgrem tried to cover his arse.

couldn't have worked out better for the rams. The Browns 1st last year is worthless compared to the skins 1st this year.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook

I hope so, but lighting striking twice is hard to see with this QB crop. None are better than Matt Ryan coming out.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I have to doubt it but a guy can hope. It is hard to put anything past the Browns though.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Browns will be concerned with the Vikings. Browns have more ammo than Vikings but the pressure is on the Viking too. I do not see the Vikings siting there to select & overreach on Carr @ #8 like they did with Ponder. Vikings had three first round picks in 2013 so they could afford to take a hit if they want. I do think Ted Bridgewater would be a great fit in that Viking dome stadium.

Vikings & Browns will be involved in serious ongoing spying till May. Browns will not sit back & let their QB go to the team who trades with the Rams & then sit & watch the Jags take the third QB off the board and settle for a reach with Carr just to feel good about not trading all their picks & then go in front of their fans & brag about utilizing their many picks wisely. The city of Cleveland will have to drag out their riot & disorder plans.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
The RGIII deal is what will prevent us from getting 3 1's again. How did that work out for Washington?

I would be happy to move down two spots and get an extra 2nd rounder.

We could still get Watkins at #4 almost guaranteed.

tonyl711

Starter
The RGIII deal is what will prevent us from getting 3 1's again. How did that work out for Washington?

no way IMO do the rams take that little, the Browns really cant afford to be out bid on this, unless the Texans take Clowney the Browns have to deal with us to get a top QB, and there will be other teams bidding. I expect at the very least a first and second or third this year and a first next year.

Blue and Gold

Pro Bowler
Name
B and G

I think that's right. Giving a net 2#1s and a #2 is just too much for a franchise that's rebuilding. Washington may have thought they were just a QB away . . . turns out no to be the case. Browns and other NFL teams will learn from that error, IMI

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
I think Cleveland is nuts to give up that much to move up TWO spots. They would have to absolutely love Manziel that much. Otherwise, they can still probably get Bridgewater.
But here's to hoping they ARE nuts.
:LOL:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Somebody will pay for that 2nd pick. If the Browns don't take it, someone else will and they better hope that someone doesn't take their future QB. If Houston takes Bridgewater and someone else trades with the Rams and grabs Bortles, then Cleveland could be left out if Jax then decides to take Manziel. If they are really in love with one of those three QBs, it would be highly risky to sit at 4 and hope. Our Rams are sitting pretty!!!!

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
Only the Browns would be that stupid. And if they did offer that it would be to the Texans for control of the board.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Only the Browns would be that stupid. And if they did offer that it would be to the Texans for control of the board.
That's my thinking. With that kind of leverage, why not move up to #1 and take the guess work out of it? The only reason the other maybe makes more sense is if Houston is set on a QB that they think Cleveland is going to take so they don't want to trade. If Houston keeps their pick THEN maybe Cleveland trades to stay ahead of everyone else. I hope it works out for us but I just don't see the Texans keeping that #1 pick if the Browns are willing to give up that much.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
I just watched my first real tape of Teddy Bridgewater.
Very, VERY UNDERwheming for someone talked about as possibly being taken as a top 5 pick.
Way over rated IMHO, unless what tape I watched was all some of his worst days.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
That's my thinking. With that kind of leverage, why not move up to #1 and take the guess work out of it? The only reason the other maybe makes more sense is if Houston is set on a QB that they think Cleveland is going to take so they don't want to trade. If Houston keeps their pick THEN maybe Cleveland trades to stay ahead of everyone else. I hope it works out for us but I just don't see the Texans keeping that #1 pick if the Browns are willing to give up that much.

I agree. That's a lot to give up for anyone player. The kid is good, but there's still doubts how his game will translate to the next level. It's not like he's for sure the next P. Manning.
3 #1's I think will get you most any QB in the league.