What an indictment for Fisher

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Fisher was better than Spagnolo, who was better than Linehan, but that's like comparing diarrhea, constipation and IBS. At the end of the day its all crap, none of its good, and you don't want any of it

At least with Jeff Fisher, I could count on the team being competitive week in and out. At the time, I was pretty happy about that. Unlike the last two, who I was hoping they could score at least 1 TD and not get embarrassed.

Also, even after losses I never felt the team would quit like they did with the last two. I always enjoyed listening to him explain plays, calls, officiating, etc on his radio show, and especially after a loss he tried his best to put things into perspective.

The man knew football, he just had horrible circumstances with his QB situation.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
The FOs and coaches you mentioned left him with only 5 players that were worth anything: Chris Long, James Laurinaitis, Rodger Saffold, Robert Quinn, Sam Bradford. That was a huge undertaking Jeff Fisher had to deal with in completely rebuilding this team.

Of course he wasn't perfect. Contrary to what most people think, I do acknowledge his mistakes. But I'm not gonna put everything on the coach. Especially when he lost his starting QB to ACL tears twice in less than a calendar year.

He (Jeff Fisher) did the same thing Sean McVay is doing, in attempting to shore up the OL. Unfortunately for him, both Jake Long and Scott Wells got hurt with injuries they never had in years prior. How was he supposed to know Isaiah Pead and Tre Mason would have mental issues or Stedman Bailey would be shot in the head?

Yes, Brian Quick, Greg Robinson didn't work out, but guess what...3 high picks doesn't compare to all the talent he did bring in. No one focuses on that, and Sean McVay is capitalizing on that.

I'm not gonna rag on the guy as much as others do, just can't.
Lets start there...I would have cut them or benched them in year three for both players. They never progressed. The biggest issue I had with Fisher is that he would never hold his players accountable.

If I were him. Higbee would have taken over Kendricks' spot last year for all the damn drops he had. Brian Quick should have been benched for Pharoh or Mike Thomas last year. Greg Robinson..heck I would have put Saffold there at LT.

Point being..he wasnt going anywhere last year, might as well see what you had.

This is what I like about McVay. If you are not producing, sit your a#$ down!!!!

Angry Ram

Lets start there...I would have cut them or benched them in year three for both players. They never progressed. The biggest issue I had with Fisher is that he would never hold his players accountable.

If I were him. Higbee would have taken over Kendricks' spot last year for all the damn drops he had. Brian Quick should have been benched for Pharoh or Mike Thomas last year. Greg Robinson..heck I would have put Saffold there at LT.

Point being..he wasnt going anywhere last year, might as well see what you had.

This is what I like about McVay. If you are not producing, sit your a#$ down!!!!

Didn't he bench Greg last year? Too little to late, sure.

He also benched Janoris and Chris Givens their rookie years against SF. Everyone freaked about it.

I'm more focused on the players that can play vs. those that were out. And it's tilted in the former.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see how Mike Mitchell running into Sam Bradford is his fault.
Philly is doing fine, if not better, without Sam. Minnesota the same.
Cant blame 5 years of failure on missing 1 player who frankly hasnt proven to be all that anywhere else either.
Fisher had QB issues because he didnt staff accordingly, be it player staffing or coaching

Angry Ram

Philly is doing fine, if not better, without Sam. Minnesota the same.
Cant blame 5 years of failure on missing 1 player who frankly hasnt proven to be all that anywhere else either.
Fisher had QB issues because he didnt staff accordingly, be it player staffing or coaching

When you lose your starting QB, and as a result have a QB carousel, your gonna struggle. Yet despite that, the Rams remained competitive most of the time.

BTW, he wasn't the right system fit in Philly with Chip Kelly. And Minnesota is up and down with Case Keenum. Gee that sounds familiar.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When you lose your starting QB, and as a result have a QB carousel, your gonna struggle. Yet despite that, the Rams remained competitive most of the time.

BTW, he wasn't the right system fit in Philly with Chip Kelly. And Minnesota is up and down with Case Keenum. Gee that sounds familiar.
Yeah, Case Keenum is not a playoff QB, only Fisher doesnt believe that.
Fisher got a free pass for Bradford injury, but he did nothing to be prepared after it. And since, his QB decisions, and coaching staff surrounding the QB, have been dreadful
Keeping in mind, he was only 10-12 WITH Bradford...

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
Didn't he bench Greg last year? Too little to late, sure.

He also benched Janoris and Chris Givens their rookie years against SF. Everyone freaked about it.

I'm more focused on the players that can play vs. those that were out. And it's tilted in the former.

He benched those guys for disciplinary reasons. I am meaning the one who making the same mistakes over and over i.e. false start and dropped passes.

rdw

Pro Bowler
I'l go with upgrade as well, just not a huge upgrade. After all, I don't think Fisher ever fired the equipment manager, which is an improvement over Spags...lol
iu

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think it was me and @Mackeyser who said when McVay was hired that this could be similar to a Jim Harblaw/49ers situation. An offensive minded coach takes over a team from a defensive-minded coach that had been stacking high draft picks for awhile and suddenly they get it together.

Fisher started with crap and built a good roster. However, it took McVay to come in and put all the pieces together to solve the puzzle. The roster is absolutely LOADED with high #1 picks on both sides of the ball.

Yep.

Heck, I'm pretty sure we used that exact example... and here we are...

So far, right on schedule