trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the logistics of it. It's just surpising hard ass Coughlin will bring on a guy who's has the reputation for laziness and has had the discipline problems that Dareus has had. Add to that the trash talking Dareus has done to the Jags HC in the media. It's interesting that Coughlin would do this. The player if he wakes up will be a great addition no doubt. Just the "red flags" aren't in Coughlins normal MO.

I doubt Coughlin signs off on it without Marrone pushing for it. I bet Coughlin deferred to Marrone here.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless of where he got him, what he's paying him and how long he'll be there. Dareus is the antithesis of a Couglin player.

Cochiti

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I care about is Dareus and Campbell squashing Russell Wilson on Dec 10th in Jacksonville

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Regardless of where he got him, what he's paying him and how long he'll be there. Dareus is the antithesis of a Couglin player.

Eh, the Giants weren't exactly a team of choir boys when Coughlin was there. Same is true of the Jaguars. Coughlin is a no BS sort of guy, but he'll take chances on character.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

View: https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/924613323949248513

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Seahawks have "had talks" about moving Jimmy Graham before Tuesday's trade deadline.

Graham is in the last year of a four-year, $40 million contract and the Seahawks would be wise to get something for him before he inevitably leaves in free agency. More specifically, Seattle is looking to upgrade its offensive line. The Seahawks are known to be interested in Texans LT Duane Brown, who will make his season debut at Seattle on Sunday.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4852/duane-brown

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I've said hold onto to Sammy Watkins, but there is a scenario where I'd trade him: T.Y. Hilton is on the block. I'd love to have that guy on this team. I'd trade Watkins for him.

Scirca

Rookie
T.Y Hilton this year, and maybe try to snag Alshon Jeffrey from the Eagles in the next offseason.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know I've said hold onto to Sammy Watkins, but there is a scenario where I'd trade him: T.Y. Hilton is on the block. I'd love to have that guy on this team. I'd trade Watkins for him.
What would the Colts get out of that?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-2017-nfl-trade-deadline-deals-that-make-sense

2017 NFL trade deadline deals that make sense
BY PFF ANALYSIS TEAM

The 2017 NFL season has shaken out like some had hoped, while others have been left scratching their heads. There have been contract holdouts, unhappy superstars and a rapid string of injuries to playoff contenders that could all leave the NFL’s trade deadline on October 31st with a plethora of movement.

Here at PFF, we give you the following deals that make the most sense, both per team and per athlete, backed by our unique PFF data in support.

DETROIT LIONS TRADE EDGE EZEKIEL ANSAH TO THE NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTSFOR RB MIKE GILLISLEE AND A THIRD-ROUND DRAFT PICK

Ziggy-Ansah-2017-Grade-bw-768x432.png

Ansah is in the final year of his rookie deal with the Lions, and with just 13 total pressures to his name this year after a disappointing (and injury-filled) 2016, it may be difficult for Detroit to rationalize paying him top dollar this offseason, especially when factoring the emergence of Anthony Zettel.

Part of what makes the loss of Dont’a Hightower so significant for the Patriots is how they used him to manufacture a pass-rush, where he spent 32.9 percent of his snaps this season. The Patriots love size on the defensive line, and have been able to put Kyle Van Noy to good use, who was a trade deadline pickup from the Lions just last year.

For the Lions, they desperately need someone who can run with power between the tackles, as the current RB corps has managed to average just 2.8 yards per carry on runs that hit the gaps from guard-to-guard. Letting Ansah walk in the offseason would likely result in a 2019 third-round compensatory pick, thus dealing him now would result in an early Christmas present for Detroit.

HOUSTON TEXANS TRADE OT DUANE BROWN TO THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOR DRAFT PICKS

Left tackle Duane Brown has held out all of this season, missing training camp, preseason and every game to date, but the fact remains he would be a huge upgrade in Seattle. The Seahawks have a porous offensive line as-is, and are in desperate need of an upgrade, especially protecting Russell Wilson’s blind side.

Getting Brown even without a snap played this season would fill that need for an upgrade. He has reportedly ended his holdout, and will suit up this week for Houston, but that doesn’t necessarily mean a trade is off the table.

The Texans could optimistically hope for either the Seahawks or the left tackle-needy Philadelphia Eagles to come strong for Brown and drive his market value. They are left without a first- or second-round pick in the 2018 NFL draft, so accumulating draft picks makes the most sense for Houston on their end of the bargain.

Brown finished last season graded as our 14th best offensive tackle, out of 78 qualifying tackles. This season, Seahawks left tackle Rees Odhiambo is currently the lowest graded tackle, among all 74 qualifying tackles with a 30.5 overall grade.

The kicker in this potential deal, the Seahawks play the Texans this week, in what should be Brown’s first action this season. They’ll get a first hand look at him, if they so wish to trade for the veteran.

SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS TRADE RB CARLOS HYDE TO THE WASHINGTON REDSKINS FOR CB BASHAUD BREELAND

Samaje Perine and Chris Thompson have had some success running behind right guard Brandon Scherff (they’ve combined for 187 yards on 30 carries to either side of him), but they are averaging just 2.82 yards per carry elsewhere. And with QB Kirk Cousins likely on his way out of town at season’s end, the time is now to make a push for a true playmaker at the position.

Breeland is another Redskin with an expiring contract not expected back for 2018, and the surprisingly solid play of Quinton Dunbar in relief of an injured Josh Norman (who looks to be on pace to return to action this weekend) gives Washington an opportunity to get compensation for a deal now, as opposed to waiting for 2019 compensatories to be awarded.

Dunbar has played 166 defensive snaps in Washington’s last three games, and has given up just 11 catches on 20 throws into his coverage without giving up a score, and has notched an interception and three pass break-ups.

Dontae Johnson has had a rough year in San Francisco, as he has allowed completions on 60.0 percent of passes into his coverage and has a passer rating of 108.5 when targeted. Breeland, who has surrendered just two passes longer than 15 yards into his coverage this season, would be an immediate upgrade, and potential long-term replacement as opposed to tempting a 2018 draft class that appears to lack top end talent and depth at the position.

INDIANAPOLIS COLTS TRADE CB VONTAE DAVIS TO THE KANSAS CITY CHIEFS FOR FIFTH-ROUND DRAFT PICK

Vontae-Davis-YAC-BW-1-768x432.png

Davis is in the final year of his contract, the Colts are 2-5, in last place of their division and so at 29-years old, seems unlikely the Colts would re-sign Davis this offseason. That being said, the Chiefs are in need of a cornerback this season opposite Marcus Peters as they look for a lengthy playoff run. Davis would likely secure a compensatory draft pick in the fifth-round range if he signs elsewhere this offseason, so his potential production at a position of need for the Chiefs shouldn’t be too much to ask.

Kansas City cornerbacks Terrance Mitchell (51.7 overall grade) and Phillip Gaines (33.3) rank 81st and 112th, respectively, out of 112 qualified cornerbacks this year. Davis’ grade against the run is currently the league’s 18th-best among cornerbacks at 81.0 and would be a huge impact.

As mentioned, a fifth-round pick wouldn’t be too steep of an asking price for the veteran who has displayed the ability to keep wide receivers in front of him this season. On 21 targets this season, he has allowed 13 receptions for 177 yards, only 19 of which came after the catch. He has yet to allow a touchdown in coverage this year while Gaines and Mitchell have allowed seven combined.

PITTSBURGH STEELERS TRADE WR MARTAVIS BRYANT TO THE DENVER BRONCOS FOR A SEVENTH-ROUND DRAFT PICK

Much has been said about the disgruntled nature that is the Martavis Bryant-Pittsburgh Steelers relationship right now. After calling out his own teammate in WR JuJu Smith-Schuster on Instagram after his 1-catch, 3-yard performance against Cincinnati, Bryant has been told he will be inactive for the Steelers’ Week 8 contest at the Lions. With the emergence of Smith-Schuster (3 TDs on 17 receptions), Bryant’s production has plummeted and now relegated him to discussions of a trade. One suitor that makes the most sense is the WR-needy Denver Broncos.

Seemingly the entire Broncos WR corps has battled injury this year, most notably Demaryius Thomas and Emmanuel Sanders, the latter who missed Denver’s 21-0 loss to Los Angeles last week. Bryant could potentially suit up outside or in the slot for the Broncos, either with great success. He is a legitimate deep threat whenever he is on the field evidenced by his 318 yards and three touchdowns on passes targeted 20 or more yards downfield in his last season of full action (2015).

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope, still a Rams fan lol. I just like that Roethlisberger picture. I just changed it back to Goff anyway.
Got it. The hash tags still confuse me but 1 step at a time. Haha

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Done and done ;). I've been meaning to change it for about a year now(Been too lazy) Haha.
Ok 2 wishes down, one to go.
Hmmmm.... do I ask for 10 million dollars or for the Rams to win the Superbowl this year.
Tough call.
I'll go with wishing for 10 million so I can afford to go watch them play in the SB this year, they dont need my help!

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...still-in-shock-after-being-traded-to-jaguars/

Marcell Dareus still in shock after being traded to Jaguars
Posted by Darin Gantt on October 30, 2017

6276913521-e1504217265570.jpg

Getty Images

Marcell Dareus is still trying to process the fact he’s no longer with the Bills.

After being traded to the Jaguars Friday for a sixth-round pick, the former No. 3 overall selection is clearly struggling with what has happened to him.

I still haven’t gotten over it yet,” Dareus said, via Michael DiRocco of ESPN.com. “I’m still in shock. I’m shocked for a trade. I’m shocked that this defense, this team … I’m still just taking it all in. It’s three days, man. Three days.”

Dareus spoke several times of being shocked and overwhelmed and emotional, after participating in his first practice with his new team. He admitted he had a hunch something might happen last week, but the reality of friends stopping to see him and saying goodbye drove home the reality he was leaving the team which chose him in 2011.

“Little overwhelming,” Dareus said. “Kind of saw some things happening but at the same time I was getting prepared for the game and we had a game plan in and I was practicing all week and I’m just zoned in, trying to keep negativity out. And when I got the call and things happened the way it did, I can’t lie it did make me a little emotional because I know [Saturday] it is a one-way ticket [to Jacksonville].

“… It was so swift that before I knew it I was already in Charlotte [for a connecting flight] and by the time I got to Charlotte, a blink of the eye and I’m here in Jacksonville saying hey to the coaches, the biggest cocktail party in the world [the annual Georgia-Florida game at Everbank Field], and with all that going on it was just — the world is spinning. Traded, on the plane, cocktail party, going to the stadium, saying hello, getting out, going to the hotel room laying on the bed looking at the roof: What is going on?”

Now he’s found someone who wants him, and back with some familiar faces, as Jaguars coach Doug Marrone was his head coach in Buffalo for two years. But that only goes so far, even though he had perhaps his two best seasons then (17.5 sacks and two Pro Bowls). He was also a regular in terms of off-field distractions, from being benched for being late to meetings to a pair of substance abuse policy violations and a couple of arrests.

The Jaguars hope he can put that behind him and make the most of a fresh start — but mostly they want him to help a defense which is 31st in the league in run defense.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't ask me why but I think Snead may pull something off trade wise . Just a feeling