trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/27/bills-trade-marcell-dareus-to-jaguars/

Bills trade Marcell Dareus to Jaguars
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 27, 2017

The Bills have decided they’re done with defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, and the Jaguars have decided to take a chance on bolstering their already strong defense.

In a surprise Friday night trade, the Bills sent Dareus to Jacksonville, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. The Bills will get a sixth-round draft pick back that could become a fifth-round pick if Dareus meets certain incentives.

With the Jaguars, Dareus will be reunited with coach Doug Marrone, who coached Dareus for two years in Buffalo in 2013 and 2014. Those were the two seasons when Dareus had his two highest sack totals.

The Bills took Dareus with the third overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft and signed him to a six-year, $95.1 million contract in 2015, but there have been reports that they’re not happy with his commitment and work ethic. Marrone has seen what Dareus can do in the past and thinks he can get more out of him going forward.

For the Jaguars, who already have one of the best defenses in the NFL, this is an aggressive move: Jacksonville wants to win now.

I'm glad the Rams won't play Jacksonville again until February.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm glad the Rams won't play Jacksonville again until February.

Agreed. Dareus might just fill their biggest hole on defense. They needed a run-stopping NT, and he certainly can be that. That's a scary team, especially if Bortles can play competently at QB.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

Why would that be the resulting lineup? Woods can be moved around to the slot if need be. That's what other teams do w/ their star WR to get them different coverages. If they want to focus on Woods, I'm sure the Rams would love to give them a steady dose of Kupp.

We drafted a big bodied, fast, outside WR (Reynolds) who can take on the paltry targets Watkins has been getting.

Austin's days of a standard WR are over.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why would that be the resulting lineup? Woods can be moved around to the slot if need be. That's what other teams do w/ their star WR to get them different coverages. If they want to focus on Woods, I'm sure the Rams would love to give them a steady dose of Kupp.

We drafted a big bodied, fast, outside WR (Reynolds) who can take on the paltry targets Watkins has been getting.

Austin's days of a standard WR are over.

It seems to me that we're trying to get Reynolds's feet wet this year. Throwing him into the game may not be good for his development. I trust this staff to know what they need to do on offense.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even if Watkins doesn't do much with the Rams and then leaves, the trade won't have been a disaster imo. The Rams were trying to give Goff some room to develop, as well as making it easier for the young receivers to develop. Teams have had to pay attention to Watkins, allowing Goff and the rest of the offense to develop. By next season the offense will be better off than they would have been without the trade.

Of course, I still hope that Watkins makes a bunch of great plays the second half of the season and in the playoffs.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People pining for that "me first" player J.Jenkins? I don't get it.

I'm pretty sure he got burned for a touchdown looking for a Pick 6 way more times than he ran back a Pick 6.

Not a shutdown Corner despite what he did his first year fired up at New York. JMO.

His Twitter handle said it all;
"#mr.pix6shit".

SMH.
Lol you do know he only gave up 2 touchdowns all last year leads the league in defensive touchdowns since he’s been in the league. Shut down every major wr he played against last year held dez to 2 catches in 2 games shut down Brandon cooks the list goes on

People want to blame Jenkins for taking risks when those same risk actually won us games. And all those blown coverages wasn’t on him all the time some actually was on McLeod but that don’t fit the Jenkins narrative

The same way people was hollering about he wasn’t worth that contract now that contract is a bargain

I think last year and this year shows that Jenkins can play discipline football especially with the offense we have now. If he was on this version of the Rams our defense would definitely be Super Bowl level legit

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Lol you do know he only gave up 2 touchdowns all last year leads the league in defensive touchdowns since he’s been in the league. Shut down every major wr he played against last year held dez to 2 catches in 2 games shut down Brandon cooks the list goes on

People want to blame Jenkins for taking risks when those same risk actually won us games. And all those blown coverages wasn’t on him all the time some actually was on McLeod but that don’t fit the Jenkins narrative

The same way people was hollering about he wasn’t worth that contract now that contract is a bargain

I think last year and this year shows that Jenkins can play discipline football especially with the offense we have now. If he was on this version of the Rams our defense would definitely be Super Bowl level legit

^^This. People are stuck on his first couple of seasons (risk/reward). They have just turned a blind eye to his development and maturation over the last 3 seasons.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
So we should sign a CB to pair with Tru, and then let Tru get away?

Solid plan.

What makes you so sure that TJohnson isn't gone already? Do you honestly think he's gonna sign for less than $12 mil per? That's what Jenkins is getting.

So you would rather risk having first year starter Webster as your #1 next year, than have one of the best shutdown CBs at what amounts to a bargain now?

That plan isn't all that impressive either.

Maybe I'm drinking too much koolaid, but from what I see every week, there really aren't that many teams as complete as the Ram team I've seen over the last 2 games. I honestly think that if Jenkins was back at the #1 and TJohnson moved back to #2, playing against this Rams defense would be a nightmare; especially if the Rams had a lead.

Yes, I'm talking about a Super Bowl run.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
What makes you so sure that TJohnson isn't gone already? Do you honestly think he's gonna sign for less than $12 mil per? That's what Jenkins is getting.

So you would rather risk having first year starter Webster as your #1 next year, than have one of the best shutdown CBs at what amounts to a bargain now?
Er, uh, I was going by what the OP suggested.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
X;

Ah, gotcha. You're talking about bringing in a rental (via a trade, no less). Agree w/ you there, don't like that plan at all. If we trade for somebody, I want him to be locked in for a couple seasons.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck

Lol. Did you read the part where I said I don't care what he has done for the Giants?
Keep pining for players that left and see how much good it does for you. Lol.
P.S. Lol.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
^^This. People are stuck on his first couple of seasons (risk/reward). They have just turned a blind eye to his development and maturation over the last 3 seasons.
Because they are mind readers and knew "mr.pix6shit" would "mature".

Jeez. Move on.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol. Did you read the part where I said I don't care what he has done for the Giants?
Keep pining for players that left and see how much good it does for you. Lol.
P.S. Lol.
No I’m just pointing out your inaccuracies, you’re the one still upset over his proclaimed lack of discipline even though the numbers don’t back that up when he was with the Giants or with the Rams but go ahead bash a guy that was the best player on the TEAM when our team was trash.

P.S LMAO

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

That plan isn't all that impressive either.

Maybe I'm drinking too much koolaid, but from what I see every week, there really aren't that many teams as complete as the Ram team I've seen over the last 2 games. I honestly think that if Jenkins was back at the #1 and TJohnson moved back to #2, playing against this Rams defense would be a nightmare; especially if the Rams had a lead.

Yes, I'm talking about a Super Bowl run.
I agree. I don’t really trust Tru with anyone top tier WR if it wasn’t for our safety play he would be a liability

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kind of surprised Coughlin OK'd a trade for a guy with a reputation like Dareus. Also one who has a history like he does with Marrone.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
No I’m just pointing out your inaccuracies, you’re the one still upset over his proclaimed lack of discipline even though the numbers don’t back that up when he was with the Giants or with the Rams but go ahead bash a guy that was the best player on the TEAM when our team was trash.

P.S LMAO
P.S.S. MENTALLY, mr.pix6shit sucked when he was with the Rams though he (arguably) was the most physically gifted.

Burned for MORE touchdowns than he had pick 6s.
His me first attitude is why he didn't WANT to re-sign.

Pine away though because when you wake up tommorow, he is still not a Ram. (Turns out he got burned by his own me first attitude because we will be contenders for years to come)
If he does not want to be here -
WE DON'T NEED HIM.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
P.S.S.S.
You keep missing the part where I said, "I don't care what he did for the Giants".

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
P.S.S.S.
You keep missing the part where I said, "I don't care what he did for the Giants".
Lol I’m not missing nothing I don’t care that you don’t care but it’s all relative.

1. You say he has a me first attitude how because the Rams gave him a low ball offer and he felt he was worth more which turned out he was. But they paid like 33 million to Johnson for 2 yrs make it make sense to me.

2. Let’s talk about when he was with the Rams. He gave up less touch downs than Patrick Peterson and about the same as Richard Sherman while having more defensive touchdowns than either one of them

The thing is when he was drafted people was saying how he was go get suspended then turned around talking about all his baby mommas then when he got his big contract saying he wasn’t go live up to it. The FACT is though none of that happened so now people got to make stuff up to feel better about it. That’s ok though keep living in your alternate reality to where you think he was worse than he actually was.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I get the logistics of it. It's just surpising hard ass Coughlin will bring on a guy who's has the reputation for laziness and has had the discipline problems that Dareus has had. Add to that the trash talking Dareus has done to the Jags HC in the media. It's interesting that Coughlin would do this. The player if he wakes up will be a great addition no doubt. Just the "red flags" aren't in Coughlins normal MO.