trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Given both teams' situations, how about Sammy Watkins for Janoris Jenkins?

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Interesting.......but how much of that Brinks truck of $ would the Rams be on the hook for after this season?

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Interesting.......but how much of that Brinks truck of $ would the Rams be on the hook for after this season?

Don't recall all of the details of his contract but I believe Jenkins signed a 5 year deal at about $12 mil per. I remember people making a stink about it at the time because it seemed a little inflated, but everybody knew the cap would be going up over the next 2 seasons.

Jenkins is in his prime and made the pro bowl in the first year of the deal. Probably headed there again. Shut down corner, gonna make 2 pro bowls in the first 2 yrs of the deal? I'd say $12 mil is very reasonable.

Just imagine our secondary w/ TJohnson as our #2 (they way it was originally supposed to be) and Joyner and JJohnson as interchangeable safeties.
Super Bowl?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. I want Sammy Watkins to stand and deliver for this team this year. Plus, Jenkins is a risk taker and this system seems to require discipline.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If only the NFL was like MLB or NBA the trade deadline would mean something.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Depth at pass rusher would be huge, if we could find a way to trade for Chandler jones who is on a Cardinals team going backwards .

Not sure how many teams want Quinn or tavon, right now they are the only 2 players I see the Rams letting go .

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
This year I think it's doubtful at this point barring injury of a key player.

Something I'd like to see next year though is a contract extension and then trade of Mannion. If the Rams could showcase him in preseason next year he could really be valuable on the market.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
After we play the Giants, right? Lol. Seriously though, both Watkins and OBJ on the same team would be disgusting. As much as i want to see Sammy play lights out for us, i dont feel like he stays next season. I feel he wants to be on a team where he can and has to be counted on and not just another weapon.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
No. I want Sammy Watkins to stand and deliver for this team this year. Plus, Jenkins is a risk taker and this system seems to require discipline.
Phillips: hey Janoris, its Wade Phillips. Was wondering if you'd like to join us again and make this top 10 defense even better. I know you heard we have the hottest offense at the moment, so you wont have to feel like you have to make plays every snap, and i heard you love L.A. You just have to do one thing.

Janoris: What's that?

Phillips: stay on your man and shut down every motherfu*ker like you did the season before you left.

Janoris: where do i sign?

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Phillips: hey Janoris, its Wade Phillips. Was wondering if you'd like to join us again and make this top 10 defense even better. I know you heard we have the hottest offense at the moment, so you wont have to feel like you have to make plays every snap, and i heard you love L.A. You just have to do one thing.

Phillips: stay on your man and shut down every motherfu*ker like you did the season before you left.

Janoris: where do i sign?

Phillips: One other thing

Phillips: We play disciplined football here in a 3-4, so do you think you are capable of not going for the showboat Pick-6 and getting burned for TD's like you did for Gregg Williams?

Janoris: *pushes contract away.."Nah man, I'm good playing for a 1-6 team."

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
People pining for that "me first" player J.Jenkins? I don't get it.

I'm pretty sure he got burned for a touchdown looking for a Pick 6 way more times than he ran back a Pick 6.

Not a shutdown Corner despite what he did his first year fired up at New York. JMO.

His Twitter handle said it all;
"#mr.pix6shit".

SMH.

Last edited:

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Phillips: "Stay on your man and shut down every motherfu*ker like you did the season before you left".
-----------------------------

Unfortunately it's just not in Janoris Jenkins nature.

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Would not trade Sammy. He was acquired in August, did not get much of training camp or OTA's to learn the O. He is getting the bye week to learn. Anticipate a big 2nd half from him, as he is looking to get paid. Paid big time. The best motivator of all is free agency.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Phillips: One other thing

Phillips: We play disciplined football here in a 3-4, so do you think you are capable of not going for the showboat Pick-6 and getting burned for TD's like you did for Gregg Williams?

Janoris: *pushes contract away.."Nah man, I'm good playing for a 1-6 team."
Lol. I personally think hes regretting not staying here. I would. He's also gone on record saying he put himself out there on a lot of plays bc he felt he had to score everytime he was on the field bc the offense couldn't. Janoris is a top 10 cb, and even with putting himself out there, he was our best cb and still would be if he came back.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Would not trade Sammy. He was acquired in August, did not get much of training camp or OTA's to learn the O. He is getting the bye week to learn. Anticipate a big 2nd half from him, as he is looking to get paid. Paid big time. The best motivator of all is free agency.
According to him in august, he said it would take hims a week and a half to learn the offense. Maybe he miss judged that timeline, but by 3 months?

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He's also gone on record saying he put himself out there on a lot of plays bc he felt he had to score everytime he was on the field bc the offense couldn't.
Let me get this right now.

He didn't do what his assignment was on this team and allowed himself to get burned and did not shut down the number one wide receiver of the opposing team because he felt like he had to score?

LMAO!

Dude...have you ever heard of stupid justification for bad behavior?

He also made it pretty obvious that he was going for the Pick 6 so he can run into the endzone, shake his butt around and enjoy his adrenaline rush.

Don't believe what everybody tells you man.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
According to him in august, he said it would take hims a week and a half to learn the offense. Maybe he miss judged that timeline, but by 3 months?
So you are saying that wide receivers in particular are egomaniacs that think more of themselves than they possibly should?

Hmmm... you might be on to something.

I think he's going to get his crud together during the bye week and he's going to come out smoking.

I think that's what the offensive coaches are planning on as we speak.

The Rams organization does not want to waste a second round draft pick, I guarantee you that.