trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
I doubt we move any peices. Besides when's the last time a team made a trade mid season and had it benefit the team? This isn't baseball

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
So you are saying that wide receivers in particular are egomaniacs that think more of themselves than they possibly should?

Hmmm... you might be on to something.

I think he's going to get his crud together during the bye week and he's going to come out smoking.

I think that's what the offensive coaches are planning on as we speak.

The Rams organization does not want to waste a second round draft pick, I guarantee you that.
No doubt, but the coaches also know exactly whats going on with Watkins while we are just merely speculating. If its a matter of learning the play book, not happy being targeted, concussion problems or just havent developed plays for him yet, the coaches will know the best. They also have the best feel if they believe he is going to resign or if they even plan on resigning him. So it would be stupid to hold on to someone they have a feeling is not going to resign and not get something for him before he walks.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I think getting an up close look at a proven number one wide receiver is worth a late 2nd round draft pick.

I think you are right, that's exactly what they're doing and will do.

Again though, they are going on Kromer's knowledge of seeing him play for a few years.

Also I think Goff is mentally targeting Woods and Kupp more so as well.

Part of the development process of a quarterback is not locking onto certain receivers and just thinking of them all as equals.
The guy who is more open should be the primary receiver.

I expect to see Watkins coming out burning and the coaches continuing to work with Goff hitting Sammy more often and giving him more opportunities.

Watkins targets have been low.

Last edited:

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Let me get this right now.

He didn't do what his assignment was on this team and allowed himself to get burned and did not shut down the number one wide receiver of the opposing team because he felt like he had to score?

LMAO!

Dude...have you ever heard of stupid justification for bad behavior?

He also made it pretty obvious that he was going for the Pick 6 so he can run into the endzone, shake his butt around and enjoy his adrenaline rush.

Don't believe what everybody tells you man.
He's shut down every receiver he's been on this season (bar one game) and last and he also shut down every receiver his last year here. TruJo got the praise for his defensive plays more than Janoris that year bc more qbs through Tru's way.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
He's shut down every receiver he's been on this season (bar one game) and last and he also shut down every receiver his last year here.

So in his contract year he finally got it?

WHOOPEE!

I am talking about his overall play for us.
I don't give a damn about what he does with the Giants.
I don't give a damn about the fact that he finally got it or is getting it.
And I don't give a damn about "me first" players who continually make the same mistakes over and over again and point at other teammates when he screws up.

Don't need it.
Don't need him.
Buh bye.
Good luck to him except this next game and possibly any playoff games in the future if the Giants ever scrape their collective crap together.

I expect him to have the usual good game against an ex team.
However it will never change my mind no matter how good he does against the Rams.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Oh I am "chill" now that he's gone. :D

It's a team game and we need team players.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope.

Tavon and Sammy get can't get enough opportunities....while we're leading the league in scoring. Think about that.

Jared is young; the right side of our OL is young; our HC is in his first year; our defense is still getting better

That is all the improvement we have to look forward to by standing pat and doing nothing - and we're already a pretty damn good team. We're in good shape cap wise and with draft capital for the years to come, with a young team that is exploding right now. Don't do anything.

JackStraw

Rookie
Sure we have a lot of youth and inexperience but I can think of more than 10 starters in their prime.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
AD99 - the guy is a beast the best player at DT ever bar none .. the best defensive player in the NFL .. but is he worth the 100+ million that he wants ? Some say yes some say no .. I will preface this trade by saying it would have to be a bumper deal multiple firsts and seconds .. and I’d rather get something him if he decides to not sign a contract offered by the rams .. and give mcvay some serious ammo to make this offense a juggernaut

I agree AD might get moved, depending on contract talks. But the stipulation for me is that it will be after the season if they can't get him to come to an agreement. No way Snead will move him in the middle of a playoff push.

Tavon, yeah, he's a piece they can move and they have a guy who can fill his role that isn't getting enough snaps, so the dropoff won't be profound. Pharoh will go into that role, and he also can run routes and attack coverages in the pass game, so it's a wash IMO. Offense might actually be better with that change tbh. Right now everyone knows Tavon's gonna be running jet sweeps and things around the LOS, but Pharoh changes that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I would wish a trade of ER Rob Quinn for a starting same age outside starting Corner.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think getting an up close look at a proven number one wide receiver is worth a late 2nd round draft pick.

I think you are right, that's exactly what they're doing and will do.

Again though, they are going on Kromer's knowledge of seeing him play for a few years.

Also I think Goff is mentally targeting Woods and Kupp more so as well.

Part of the development process of a quarterback is not locking onto certain receivers and just thinking of them all as equals.
The guy who is more open should be the primary receiver.

I expect to see Watkins coming out burning and the coaches continuing to work with Goff hitting Sammy more often and giving him more opportunities.

Watkins targets have been low.
Especially 64th pick,2nd round;)

Ram65

Legend
Malcolm Butler rental for the rest of the year. Of course Rams won't give much and the Patsies wouldn't trade him. Other than those two problems it would be great for the Rams. Defense goes up a notch.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I would wish a trade of ER Rob Quinn for a starting same age outside starting Corner.

I wanted to move him this time last year because I thought we might be able to get something good back.

It was not a popular idea.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/10/27/bills-trade-marcell-dareus-to-jaguars/

Bills trade Marcell Dareus to Jaguars
Posted by Michael David Smith on October 27, 2017

The Bills have decided they’re done with defensive tackle Marcell Dareus, and the Jaguars have decided to take a chance on bolstering their already strong defense.

In a surprise Friday night trade, the Bills sent Dareus to Jacksonville, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports. The Bills will get a sixth-round draft pick back that could become a fifth-round pick if Dareus meets certain incentives.

With the Jaguars, Dareus will be reunited with coach Doug Marrone, who coached Dareus for two years in Buffalo in 2013 and 2014. Those were the two seasons when Dareus had his two highest sack totals.

The Bills took Dareus with the third overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft and signed him to a six-year, $95.1 million contract in 2015, but there have been reports that they’re not happy with his commitment and work ethic. Marrone has seen what Dareus can do in the past and thinks he can get more out of him going forward.

For the Jaguars, who already have one of the best defenses in the NFL, this is an aggressive move: Jacksonville wants to win now.