49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'll raise that dash of optimism and say that this may be our last loss for the year.

FlashyEachAngora-max-14mb.gif
I'll lower that dash of optimism and say that we will go 10-6 .... hopefully.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
The Answer to most these questions is yes. If the Opposing D is up to task Mc V has no counter.

As far as Goffs eye of the tiger it is more of a peek at a kitten.

Haha. Or "whisker of the kitten."

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I am just literally mind boggled on how we blew this game. The other team was handicapped or were they? Goodness, Can we just talk about the feasibility of not letting this happen AGAIN??

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Who the fuck is Gregg (3 G) Rosenthal and why should anyone give a shit what he thinks?

He's the guy with the stat that says Goff has 6 interceptions and 7 fumbles in his last 4 games. That's who Gregg is.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You asked what I disagreed with...that’s misreading.

Yes, I dismissed fantasy boy.
So just so we're clear. You're a random person on a random forum full of random people, criticizing the work of someone who works for the NFL. And you're critique is based off one of his tweets that was 100 percent accurate.

You see the irony?

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Fuck.

Every player and every coach on that roster should hang their head in shame for that one. We got beat by an inferior, beat up team. No excuse.

I've been on the Goff wagon but this is where I put a foot on the ground and consider getting off of it. He has become an absolute turnover machine and it is killing us. Couple that with a few misses of wide open guys today (e.g., the Hendo miss, which would have been a TD). Last week he shook off a shaky 2nd half (after a pretty good 1st half) to lead the Rams to the winning score. This week he completely lays an egg and puts us in a huge hole. More than anything, his problem is consistency. We've seen him play at a high level, but when he plays at a low level, he is one spastic fuckup.

Defense (Staley included) does not get off the hook in this game. You just let Nick Mullens ... NICK FUCKING MULLENS ... drive for two scores at crunch time. Last week you hold the Bucs to a little over 250 yards on offense and make crunch time plays to stop Tom Brady when the game is on the line, and this week you can't even stop Nick Mullens?? Seriously? Can't stop the Niners with Kittle out? And why the hell was Ramsey not put on Geebo Samuel?

McVay ... seriously, dude? Jeff Fisher, aka Mediocrates, NEVER lost to the 49ers 4 times in a row. You have. This offseason needs to be dedicated to building the team in such a way that we can beat those cocksuckers, even when they're healthy. The fact that we can't even beat them when they are more beat up than Madonna's vagina after a gangbang with the Houston Rockets is completely unacceptable.

This team overall is such a fucking tease. They have talent - lots of it. While they have some weaknesses, they aren't necessarily glaring (kicker was, but it's looking like we might have solved that problem). We've seen the offense play very well at times. We've seen the defense play lights out at times. But what they are missing is consistency. The D has put together some really solid games, but today they folded when they were needed most. The O is like a roller coaster with huge highs and deep lows, looking really good for stretches and then they go through stretches where it looks like Boras is coordinating them (all the more inexcusable with the level of talent we have). This comes back to coaching. McVay has to figure out a way to get more consistency out of these guys. It's maddening that every game seems to be like Forest Gump's box of chocolates, as you never know what you're going to get.

Spleen vented. For now anyway.

Last edited:

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Nobody watched that expo on great QB play between the Pats and Cardinals today, eh?
Nobody caught that last game we played Russell Wilson? How many picks has he thrown the last 3 weeks Nobody watched Tom Brady vs the Saints?

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
So just so we're clear. You're a random person on a random forum full of random people, criticizing the work of someone who works for the NFL. And you're critique is based off one of his tweets that was 100 percent accurate.

You see the irony?
That’s a funny post.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Fuck.

Every player and every coach on that roster should hang their head in shame for that one. We got beat by an inferior, beat up team. No excuse.

I've been on the Goff wagon but this is where I put a foot on the ground and consider getting off of it. He has become an absolute turnover machine and it is killing us. Couple that with a few misses of wide open guys today (e.g., the Hendo miss, which would have been a TD). Last week he shook off a shaky 2nd half (after a pretty good 1st half) to lead the Rams to the winning score. This week he completely lays an egg and puts us in a huge hole. More than anything, his problem is consistency. We've seen him play at a high level, but when he plays at a low level, he is one spastic fuckup.

Defense (Staley included) does not get off the hook in this game. You just let Nick Mullens ... NICK FUCKING MULLENS ... drive for two scores at crunch time. Last week you hold the Bucs to a little over 250 yards on offense and make crunch time plays to stop Tom Brady when the game is on the line, and this week you can't even stop Nick Mullens?? Seriously? Can't stop the Niners with Kittle out? And why the hell was Ramsey not put on Geebo Samuel?

McVay ... seriously, dude? Jeff Fisher, aka Mediocrates, NEVER lost to the 49ers 4 times in a row. You have. This offseason needs to be dedicated to building the team in such a way that we can beat those cocksuckers, even when their healthy. The fact that we can't even beat them when they are more beat up than Madonna's vagina after a gangbang with the Houston Rockets is completely unacceptable.

This team overall is such a fucking tease. They have talent - lots of it. While they have some weaknesses, they aren't necessarily glaring (kicker was, but it's looking like we might have solved that problem). We've seen the offense play very well at times. We've seen the defense play lights out at times. But what they are missing is consistency. The D has put together some really solid games, but today they folded when they were needed most. The O is like a roller coaster with huge highs and deep lows, looking really good for stretches and then they go through stretches where it looks like Boras is coordinating them (all the more inexcusable with the level of talent we have). This comes back to coaching. McVay has to figure out a way to get more consistency out of these guys. It's maddening that every game seems to be like Forest Gump's box of chocolates, as you never know what you're going to get.

Spleen vented. For now anyway.
^^^This

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
So after big wins over Seattle and Tampa Bay, plenty of praise for Goff, and talk of the Rams being the class of the NFC.

This week, not so much.

This board has some bipolar issues...o_O

It's a reflection of the team, which itself has some bipolar issues.

We looked pretty good against the Seahags, even better against the Bucs ... and looked awful today. In fact, in three of our four losses we have been downright awful for most of the game.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I could see Goff for Alex Smith and Haskins in the off-season.

Smith has looked good after getting a few games in, and I could see him getting back to his Chiefs pro bowl days with us. Haskins would, well, provide us with essentially another Goff-esque reclamation for McVay. If neither work, that's fine too and we can draft a QB the following year.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nobody watched that expo on great QB play between the Pats and Cardinals today, eh?
Nobody caught that last game we played Russell Wilson? How many picks has he thrown the last 3 weeks Nobody watched Tom Brady vs the Saints?
*Sigh*

Which one of the cards or Patriots qbs is literally eating up the cap?

Russell wilson has one of the five best career qb ratings in history. Are we really comparing his bad stretch to Goff's more common and frequent norm?

Brady is 43 years old.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I could see Goff for Alex Smith and Haskins in the off-season.

Smith has looked good after getting a few games in, and I could see him getting back to his Chiefs pro bowl days with us. Haskins would, well, provide us with essentially another Goff-esque reclamation for McVay. If neither work, that's fine too and we can draft a QB the following year.
That’s a big No Thank You

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
As I've said we all want the same thing but we do need a plan B just in case.
I’ve been as big a Goff backer as anyone, but I have to admit that (just like everyone else here) I see the consistent recurrence of bad habits.

It’s just that whole “Plan B” thing that scares the hell out of me.

Sorry to be cruel, but let me throw out there a few recent names (within the last 15 years) of Rams starting qb’s, just as a little refresher:

Kellen Clemens, Keith Null, Kyle Boller, Austin Davis, AJ Feely, Shaun Hill, Brock Berlin, Jamie Martin, Gus Frerotte.

That list gives me a nervous twitch like I’ve got PTSD. (And don’t tell me about Nick Foles or Sam Damn Bradford, cuz they sucked too.)

If there actually was a chance for a Plan B, I’d be open to hearing it. But given Goff’s contract, and the Rams’ record and lack of draft capital, its really hard for me to imagine a Plan B for either this year or next. And wandering in the wasteland “searching for a franchise QB” for over a decade really, really, really sucks.

Last edited:

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
It's ok to be a fan but you can't let fandom blind you from what's becoming a disturbing trend. As I've said we all want the same thing but we do need a plan B just in case. There is a lot invested in this team. And if anyone should get fandom its AD and he deserves to win more than anyone. We don't have to bail on Goff yet but we should be able to bring very disturbing trends to light. If your being paid like a franchise qb you must play like a franchise qb which means more consistency and less "funks". I'm sure we all want Goff to turn into Peyton but the fact remains he is far from that. Again I think he has the tools I'm starting to realize it's what is in between the ears that may have reached its full potential. He does not process like other tier one qbs. That's my observation.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
*Sigh*

Which one of the cards or Patriots qbs is literally eating up the cap?

Russell wilson has one of the five best career qb ratings in history. Are we really comparing his bad stretch to Goff's more common and frequent norm?

Brady is 43 years old.

Way to miss the point.

Goff has played like ass. Today was awful. But its not like some of you are suggesting that getting any different QB would somehow mean we won't lose and have games where other QBs look like ass too.

43 year old Brady still has played better. Russell played his way out of the mvp talk. The midget was supposed to be the next big thing.

Sigh is right.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Lmao at the people wanting to get rid off goff. Lets say that does happen and mcvay gets his guy than we proceed to see the exact same thing with the next qb. We gonna get rid of mcvay at that point? Mcvay/Goff are both young and very inconsistent and these games will happen. They both have had a tough time adjusting to teams that have caught up to the offense and the proof is in the play. I dont see how getting rid of a qb with the 2nd most wins since mcvay took over with alex smith/Fitzpatrick is a upgrade. At least the team still has a winning record while adjusting and is not 4-7 or worse.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I think we've all underestimated exactly how much this team NEEDS a deep threat. That, honestly is job #1 to fill.

Without that deep threat, it's too easy to use safeties to bracket Kupp and Woods.

Often, Cooks biggest contribution was taking a safety with him deep and creating space for Woods and Kupp.
And when Reynolds goes deep he can't locate the ball, jump or fight for position.

Status
Not open for further replies.