49ers at Rams Vent Thread.... Have at it

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
So again it is the D's fault why we lost this game?
It's a team game so its everyone's fault. But it is the d's fault for letting them march down the field to take the lead and then do it again for the game winning fg. Offense and special teams are on the bench so we cant blame them for that.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
This but no, its all because Goff sucks over and over again.
We didn't lose because we let Deebo go off against our smallest corner, not because we couldn't run the ball except for when we went to Akers, not because of the schedule, not because other people can make a play, once again the only thing we get to bitch about is Goff because he threw picks and fumbled a ball he covered up, took a sack he couldn't escape.

Sorry. Goff gets no credit when he earns it and extra condemned when he screws up. For years now. Every damn time the sharks smell blood its a feeding frenzy. Yes I defend the dude. Hes our QB, he's young but he's also proven himself capable of being a high level starter and a winning QB so everyone will just have to excuse me for being a fan.
^^This 100%

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
They will. The one game that scares me is New England. McVay better have something ready for Belichick.

It's going to be tough sweeping AZ and I'm certain that Carroll has some surprises in store up in Seattle....depending upon the lone waive prospects of course.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
Goff, McVay, and the offense were the reason we lost. But the defense not getting the stops at the end were what gave the Crappers the win.

That's still unfair though because the defense did it's job even put points on the board. You cannot go three and out and keep putting them on the field and expect them to hold every single time.

This game is strictly on Goff and the offense mostly Goff. I say that because even when the offense sucks the turnovers need to be minumized.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's still unfair though because the defense did it's job even put points on the board. You cannot go three and out and keep putting them on the field and expect them to hold every single time.

This game is strictly on Goff and the offense mostly Goff. I say that because even when the offense sucks the turnovers need to be minumized.

No, it's not unfair. Do you think Aaron Donald would tell you that the defense did its job in the 4th? We had a lead in the 4th Quarter against a backup QB.

Ellard80

Legend

the defense didn't close things out - but without the turnovers the defense did enough to win teh game easily.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
So after big wins over Seattle and Tampa Bay, plenty of praise for Goff, and talk of the Rams being the class of the NFC.

This week, not so much.

This board has some bipolar issues...o_O

fearsomefour

Legend
8 TDs and 12 turn overs the last six games.
For the first time I am moving the exit door on the Goff train.
A truly pathetic performance by our QB and our O.
For most of the game physically bitch slapped by their front seven in the run game.
Pass protection was fine.
The D played hard and made a game of it.
Not having Ramsey on Samuel late was daft.
Williams couldn’t handle him.
Hollins was a disgrace on the edge.
Gay had deep kick offs and make his kicks.
Just keep him.....who gives a crap.
McVay is Shannys bitch.
Pathetic.
That is all.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
We have a QB problem. I can't believe I am saying it.....but we have a real issue there.

tempests

Hall of Fame

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
We didn't lose because we let Deebo go off against our smallest corner, not because we couldn't run the ball except for when we went to Akers, not because of the schedule, not because other people can make a play, once again the only thing we get to bitch about is Goff because he threw picks and fumbled a ball he covered up, took a sack he couldn't escape.

Sorry. Goff gets no credit when he earns it and extra condemned when he screws up. For years now. Every damn time the sharks smell blood its a feeding frenzy. Yes I defend the dude. Hes our QB, he's young but he's also proven himself capable of being a high level starter and a winning QB so everyone will just have to excuse me for being a fan.
I’m feeling ya @badnews

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Riddle me this. Why on third and long do we always throw the damn bubble screen (which works one out of ten times) but on third and three we call a play that has Goff hold the ball until he a) gets sacked, b) throws a pick, c) fumbles? How hard would it be to link up in the tight bunch on third and short and run some rub routes to get the first down? McVay is so inconsistent in his game plans. Kupp has ten caches last week but we wait until late in the game to get him the ball today. How many times do our contain meant get pinned inside - not just today but all season? smh
I think McVay obsesses on a couple mismatches that he likes, sometimes at the expense of other good players.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75

It's ok to be a fan but you can't let fandom blind you from what's becoming a disturbing trend. As I've said we all want the same thing but we do need a plan B just in case. There is a lot invested in this team. And if anyone should get fandom its AD and he deserves to win more than anyone. We don't have to bail on Goff yet but we should be able to bring very disturbing trends to light. If your being paid like a franchise qb you must play like a franchise qb which means more consistency and less "funks". I'm sure we all want Goff to turn into Peyton but the fact remains he is far from that. Again I think he has the tools I'm starting to realize it's what is in between the ears that may have reached its full potential. He does not process like other tier one qbs. That's my observation.

Last edited:

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
No, it's not unfair. Do you think Aaron Donald would tell you that the defense did its job in the 4th? We had a lead in the 4th Quarter against a backup QB.

Yes but we all know defenses even good ones get tired. We punted more times then we have all season today. And when the defense comes out scores sacks forces fumbles and does what it can. The offense even if you don't score you at least need to get some first downs to give them a rest. That's all.

Reddog99

Pro Bowler
The whiners played good and i realize they match up well against us but my confidence in this team took a hit today. I've lost faith in the offense scoring on drives and I'm nervous as hell when the Rams have the ball. ST outside of Hekker isn't very good.

Rams D looked good for having so many starters out. AD had a helluva game and Fuller had another interception. Ebukam flashed for the second week in a row. Akers had a nice run that was almost a TD. Gay looked like he might possibly be the answer to our kicker problem.

Plenty of positives but our offense need to get things figured out before we find ourselves in the first round of the playoffs having one of those clunker games.

payote75

Hall of Fame
Name
Payote75
the defense didn't close things out - but without the turnovers the defense did enough to win teh game easily.

See other post. Ideally yes but you can't keep going three and out and punting after they basically gave it all they had. I mean they scored a touchdown. Not missing throws that extend drives to give them a rest forget scoring might have yielded different results.

Last edited:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I think we've all underestimated exactly how much this team NEEDS a deep threat. That, honestly is job #1 to fill.

Without that deep threat, it's too easy to use safeties to bracket Kupp and Woods.

Often, Cooks biggest contribution was taking a safety with him deep and creating space for Woods and Kupp.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Yes but we all know defenses even good ones get tired. We punted more times then we have all season today. And when the defense comes out scores sacks forces fumbles and does what it can. The offense even if you don't score you at least need to get some first downs to give them a rest. That's all.
Its nick mullens on the otherside. I expect them to stop him if the game is on the line. Especially with the players the rams have on defense.

MachS

Hall of Fame
Apparently we have a defensive problem...

The defense scored as many touchdowns as our offense today. And they provided 3 takeaways for our offesne. Please please stop with this fucking nonsense. Blaming the defense is just so disrespectful with how well they've been playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.