What is your quintessential 80's song?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
...the cool thing is, I am using this thread as a playlist while I work this morning. Thanks, you bunch of fellow middle age freakers! :neener:

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
According to my wife , we're all wrong

I did consider Girls Just Want To Have Fun and maybe the number 1girl song of the 80's

Well , it was the 80's IMO, Like a Virgin, but didn't want you guys thinking I went out of my way to listen to them:D

OK, OK.
How about that band 'Cap'n Geech and the Shrimp Shack Shooters' ?

LOL, I love that movie and Steve Zahn was funny in it.

So many great tracks in here already posted. I was 16 in 1985 and really didn't like most of the pop music and rock hair bands(late 80's) that ruled the decade. I really prefer the 70's and 90's music. Still, there are some amazing tunes associated with the teen years, of course :)

I'll post three.

My very first concert in 1983. I was mesmerized.

Pretty much describes my first two years of high school which was a miserable experience. Also the first Rush song i learned to play on drums....practice makes perfect when you have no friends, no girlfriend and aren't invited to parties, Lol.

Nothing sentimental, just a kick ass tune that fires me up.

We had similar taste back then.

Classic

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
@Ramlock I have to revisit Robert Plant's solo career. I am a big Zepplin fan but didn't listen to Plant solo much at all.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

Growing up in the 80's , I really didn't care much for most of the new wave stuff at the time , I was much more into the hair bands of the 80's

but...........

There was a couple new wave bands I did kinda sorta like ,............kinda sorta , the Outfield was one of them

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Growing up in the 80's , I really didn't care much for most of the new wave stuff at the time , I was much more into the hair bands of the 80's

but...........

There was a couple new wave bands I did kinda sorta like ,............kinda sorta , the Outfield was one of them

You're Joe Dirt!

Actually, I am somewhat of a Joe Dirt when it comes to music. It took me till the very late 80's to get accustomed to punk rock and the evolving music.

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
You're Joe Dirt!

Actually, I am somewhat of a Joe Dirt when it comes to music. It took me till the very late 80's to get accustomed to punk rock and the evolving music.

have still never seen that movie all the way through.............lol

As I've gotten older , my musical preferences have broaden...............I even like Disco now.................lol

stu1.jpg

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Since I'm hunkering down waiting on this hurricane... I'll post some of my 80's shit.

I mostly listened to reggae even back in those days... but the Police were, and are, one of my favorite groups. I had all of their stuff. Here's a few I haven't seen posted.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Here's a UB40 song that I bet you never heard... but my wife and a few of our friends sing this one all the time.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
This guy went to my HS... he's a few years older, but I used to hang with him before he became well known.

I would also like to dedicate both of these songs to @RamFan503 because he absolutely loves D'arby's music. So these are for our Brudda Stu...

Last edited:

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I can remember riding the bus to an away High School basketball game... our team traveled in style yo (NOT). Old ass yellow school bus. The whole team would use our time on the ride to talk as much shit to each other as possible... pre cellphone and internet btw. We sang this stupid song to one of our love sick teammates. You had to be there... it's one of those stupid memories that you'll never forget.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I'm always taken by music associating someway/somehow with past and present girlfriends. I had some girlfriends with names like Michele, Roxanne & Amy, so songs by the Beatles, Police & Pure Prairie League would always resonate. And after break-ups, how Journey & Foreigner songs would rip me up. At least with girls named Nancy, Debbie, Helen & Jeannie, not much chance being reminded of another failure.

Last edited:

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
It's hard for me to think of the 80's , without thinking of Duran Duran

My sisters had Duran Duran crap plastered all over their room

I hated Duran Duran

but , I did like a couple of their songs

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
I'm always taken by music associating someway/somehow with past and present girlfriends. I had some girlfriends with names like Michele, Roxanne & Amy, so songs by the Beatles, Police & Pure Prairie League would always resonate. And after break-ups, how Journey & Foreigner songs would rip me up. At least with girls named Nancy, Debbie, Helen & Jeannie, not much chance being reminded of another failure.
Yea , I can't think of the Police , without thinking of my wife , back in the day , when we were still just dating , it seemed like that's all she would listen to , and don't get me wrong , I've always been a fan of the Police , but...........I did get pretty sick of them for a while................lol

lot of great memories though