What is your quintessential 80's song?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My favorites song and album from the 80's is probably this

But for the song of the 80's it's hard not to take one of the hits from the biggest selling albums of the 80's (all time too?)

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa

That's probably the song I would have picked

Impossible question for me to answer , even if you would have broken the decade down to in individual years , I wouldn't be able to give you even the top 10

The 80's

The decade I graduated High School , Joined the Navy , Got Married , so I would have a bunch

I'll throw this one in , not one of my favorites , but surely one of the essential 80's song

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
between pyromania and eliminator albums, i drank a lot of alcohol, dated lots of girls, raced a lot of cars, many late night beach parties prior to heading off to college. fun, fun, summer.

Did all that in the 70's. The 80's were sobriety and marriage. Def Leppard reminded me of the fun I used to have. :(

This is the most wistful, melancholy 80's song that I can think of.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6z_NfTe6SI

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Did all that in the 70's. The 80's were sobriety and marriage. Def Leppard reminded me of the fun I used to have. :(

This is the most wistful, melancholy 80's song that I can think of.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6z_NfTe6SI

I almost picked that song , but for a different reason , but mostly because it was the most fresh in my mind

I have all my music downloaded on iTunes , and then I have a lot of those songs broken down to playlists , for the year they came out , and yesterday I was out mowing lawn and was listening to my 1984 playlist , and this song came on and was automatically transported back to around 1987ish , I was stationed on the USS Dwight D Eisenhower in the mid to late 80's , and our home port was Norfolk Virginia , and one day a bunch of us went to Virginia Beach , but it was a cold , windy , crappy day , and all I really remember was I wasn't dressed properly , and froze my ass off and had a crappy day........and this song

So now every time I hear this song , I'm reminded of that one crappy day in 1987ish

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
I almost picked that song , but for a different reason , but mostly because it was the most fresh in my mind

I have all my music downloaded on iTunes , and then I have a lot of those songs broken down to playlists , for the year they came out , and yesterday I was out mowing lawn and was listening to my 1984 playlist , and this song came on and was automatically transported back to around 1987ish , I was stationed on the USS Dwight D Eisenhower in the mid to late 80's , and our home port was Norfolk Virginia , and one day a bunch of us went to Virginia Beach , but it was a cold , windy , crappy day , and all I really remember was I wasn't dressed properly , and froze my ass off and had a crappy day........and this song

So now every time I hear this song , I'm reminded of that one crappy day in 1987ish

It was late 84 and I was headed to church with my fiancee in my VW bus. This song came on and we listened to it all the way through. Mike Campbell, from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, nailed the guitar parts. Don Henley vocals always depress the heck out of me. Great lyrics though.

But I can see you
Your brown skin shining in the sun
You got your hair combed back
And your sunglasses on, baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

Always takes me back to my surfing days in Santa Cruz, CA.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
It was late 84 and I was headed to church with my fiancee in my VW bus. This song came on and we listened to it all the way through. Mike Campbell, from Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, nailed the guitar parts. Don Henley vocals always depress the heck out of me. Great lyrics though.

But I can see you
Your brown skin shining in the sun
You got your hair combed back
And your sunglasses on, baby
I can tell you my love for you will still be strong
After the boys of summer have gone

Always takes me back to my surfing days in Santa Cruz, CA.
Strange how the memory works , probably heard a hundred other songs that day , and can't remember a single one , except that , and for some reason that one I can remember like it was yesterday