What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I appreciate your objective insight, same with D'Vontel.
Both boards are spying each other. That stuff is kind of fun but posting photos of visitor's after banning them is over the top and classless though. That's open season for me to name name's. :)
Krang is a douchebag who's knowledge derives from ignorance and Darkside eats bags of dicks for breakfast. Arizona's Finest and Phrazbit are complete homers who do nothing but defend their home teams like Mall cops.

Not too many i respect over there anymore. Mitch, RugbyMuffin, bankybruce, NJCardfan, GatorHator, BullheadCardfan are solid.
Most can't stand me because they think i'm an 8 year troll which couldn't be further from the truth. I always tried to put my smack where it belongs(you know what i'm talking about CardnCub).
I stopped posting there awhile ago. No reason to anymore. I officially turned in my Suns fan card early this year after 33 years and i don't belong there anymore.

Wish i could go to the game this year :(

There are a couple guys on FF that are very knowledgeable Cardinal fans. Khodder and stchamp. Got loads of respect for both guys. Good people too.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
St. Louis is also facing questions about their defensive reputation. Many around the league are wondering if safety Mark Barron’s hit on Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger was a cheap shot. Roethlisberger is out for the next 4-to-6 weeks with a knee injury.

I don't know who these MANY are but they're idiots. Did they even watch the play?

Unless Barron had the ability to control physics, he was going to fall they way he did and as far as reaching for the QB--I guess he should just lay on the ground and cover his head while Ben completes a pass.

Utter nonsense.

The Rams have Greg Williams and "MANY" would love to pin the term "Dirty" on this team because of that. It's not based in any sort of reality.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The Rams have Greg Williams and "MANY" would love to pin the term "Dirty" on this team because of that. It's not based in any sort of reality.

And let's be real. Greg has been the fall guy in the whole bountygate scandal. We all remember the famous "kill the head" speech. But it sounds a lot worse taken out of context. Why isn't there the same uproar when Arians said last week to "put your foot on their throat"? They are both just coach speak. Aggressive coaches are going to sound dirty no matter which way you spin it.

Cardncub

Rookie
Hey @Cardncub

What do you think about this place: http://www.revengeofthebirds.com

Do they know what they're talking about?

I read over there that Deone Bucannon is starting at ILB...Is this true? Maybe Gurley & Mason can but loose.....

Their articles have gotten a lot better over the years. I read it from time to time. As for Deone, he's played ILB since we drafted him to fill in for DWash. We still don't know what we have in him as a safety yet. But he's a hell of a football player.

Cardncub

Rookie
Both boards are spying each other. That stuff is kind of fun but posting photos of visitor's after banning them is over the top and classless though. That's open season for me to name name's. :)
Krang is a douchebag who's knowledge derives from ignorance and Darkside eats bags of dicks for breakfast. Arizona's Finest and Phrazbit are complete homers who do nothing but defend their home teams like Mall cops.

Not too many i respect over there anymore. Mitch, RugbyMuffin, bankybruce, NJCardfan, GatorHator, BullheadCardfan are solid.
Most can't stand me because they think i'm an 8 year troll which couldn't be further from the truth. I always tried to put my smack where it belongs(you know what i'm talking about CardnCub).
I stopped posting there awhile ago. No reason to anymore. I officially turned in my Suns fan card early this year after 33 years and i don't belong there anymore.

I don't know what your issue with Krang is. He is very knowledgeable about football & offers quite a bit to the board. I don't always agree with him but he's never been a douche that I know of. Now Bucky, BigRed, & NJCard can all leave for all I care. Same with cardsfanmd.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
They use him like we use Mark Barron.
Seems like they use him more...didn't know he started at LB.
Still seems we aren't using Barron as much as we should/could....dude is a game-changer.

As for Deone, he's played ILB since we drafted him to fill in for DWash. We still don't know what we have in him as a safety yet. But he's a hell of a football player.
I knew he was used in a "big nickle" package last year, but thought that was temporary....He still can't get on the field as a DB huh? I think this is Gurley's big chance to break loose. Little ILB...Calais Campbell trending down...No Dockett (thank God!).... Maybe JJ will do that pick six thing again (last game I saw in person that I loved)....

DVontel

Rookie
Seems like they use him more...didn't know he started at LB.
Still seems we aren't using Barron as much as we should/could....dude is a game-changer.

I knew he was used in a "big nickle" package last year, but thought that was temporary....He still can't get on the field as a DB huh? I think this is Gurley's big chance to break loose. Little ILB...Calais Campbell trending down...No Dockett (thank God!).... Maybe JJ will do that pick six thing again (last game I saw in person that I loved)....
Lmao, no sir. Calais is still in his prime.

Dockett not being on the DL is actually a good thing for us considering he was really never a run-stopper & has been washed since 2012.

We're know for being good/great at stopping the run. I wouldn't bet on Gurley breaking loose this Sunday, now I can definitely see it against a suspect Run-D in Green Bay.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Their articles have gotten a lot better over the years. I read it from time to time. As for Deone, he's played ILB since we drafted him to fill in for DWash. We still don't know what we have in him as a safety yet. But he's a hell of a football player.

I really wanted Bucannon in the second round in 2014. He looks like a find for you guys.

Gurley's still gonna run all over his ass, though, and big Calais Campbell can't catch Tre or Tavon. Not to mention PP got his arse kicked by Austin a lot as well. :D

Name
Tom

Am I now? I have no idea who you are, nor do I care. It seems I struck a nerve with you....

As far as how I see the Rams. I do this so you can see my (our?) perception, not what the reality actually is:

Obviously the Rams have a great defensive line. Aaron Donald was a guy I liked a lot coming out, and I argued that the Cardinals should've taken Robert Quinn the year we took Peterson. Brockers, Fairley, and the rest of the Rams defensive line are very solid. The problem with using so many high picks is that it's unsustainable long term for the Rams to try and lock up all those players.

The LB corps is good, but I suspect Ogletree is a hair overrated. Good, not great player. Laurinaitis is solid, but not spectacular.

From reading Rams forums, I think Rams fans overrate the Rams secondary. Jenkins would be the Cardinals 4th corner behind Peterson, Powers (highly underrated player), and Mathieu. The rest of the Rams secondary is ho-hum, and I think they can be exposed if teams can hold up against the onslaught of the Rams d-line.

As far as offense goes, Foles is a limited player. He doesn't have big time arm strength and isn't very mobile. He's not a bad player, but he isn't a top 15 QB. I think you can win with Foles if the supporting cast is good enough, but I don't think Foles makes the Rams a better team. He's a QB who will only take a team as far as the talent on the OL, RB, and WR/TE is.

From reading comments on this board, I think the fans here overrate your RB talent. I wanted Gurley for the Cardinals, but I don't expect him to be good any time soon considering the time required to recover from his ACL tear. If the Rams thought he would improve their chances of winning now, Gurley was a terrible pick. I'm not saying I dislike Gurley, I'm just saying I don't think he will have a big time rookie year. Tre Mason is a nice complimentary player, but he is not a starting RB.

The Rams WR corps is a dumpster fire. I would argue the Rams have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL. Britt is a decent player, but not a top WR. Givens has been good for stretches but he is inconsistent (I had him on my fantasy team). Brian Quick? I remember when Fisher tried to say he was better than Michael Floyd. Tavon Austin is a nice player, but the problem is he needs to be moved around and "protected" and I don't think the Rams have the other weapons to allow Austin to be the game breaker that he could be.

The Rams offensive line is not good. Robinson is shading closer to bust category, and I didn't expect that, I really like him coming out of Auburn. I'm not too familiar with Jamon Brown, but from I've read on Rams sites, it sounds like he is rounding into shape. Saffold is a decent player, but offensive lines require more than one or two decent players to be good. Rob Havenstein? Nearly every Wisconsin offensive lineman who has come out in the past decade or two has been terrible in the NFL despite the schools reputation.

The real problem with the Rams is coaching though; how many years does Jeff Fisher need? How many more high picks? How many more press conferences where he talks about how the Rams could easily be 3-0 right now. Honestly, as a fan of a divisional opponent, I hope the Rams continue to be hoodwinked by this guy. Fisher is not a good head coach. He's good for 8-8, 7-9, or 6-10 every year. The Titans figured this out and moved on, and the Titans were in a weaker overall division than what the Rams are.

I'll post my view of the Cardinals next....

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
The problem with using so many high picks is that it's unsustainable long term for the Rams to try and lock up all those players.

Perhaps not. But Quinn and Long are holdovers from a previous front office, and both have been signed to second contracts. Brockers and Donald are the only two that were drafted high by Fisher. Simms and Hayes were F/A signings, along with Fairley. The rest are low draft picks.

Edit: out biggest cap hit is Chris Long. I'd actually look to cut him to free up the 14 or so million he's eating in cap space next year.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Am I now? I have no idea who you are, nor do I care. It seems I struck a nerve with you....

As far as how I see the Rams. I do this so you can see my (our?) perception, not what the reality actually is:

Obviously the Rams have a great defensive line. Aaron Donald was a guy I liked a lot coming out, and I argued that the Cardinals should've taken Robert Quinn the year we took Peterson. Brockers, Fairley, and the rest of the Rams defensive line are very solid. The problem with using so many high picks is that it's unsustainable long term for the Rams to try and lock up all those players.

The LB corps is good, but I suspect Ogletree is a hair overrated. Good, not great player. Laurinaitis is solid, but not spectacular.

From reading Rams forums, I think Rams fans overrate the Rams secondary. Jenkins would be the Cardinals 4th corner behind Peterson, Powers (highly underrated player), and Mathieu. The rest of the Rams secondary is ho-hum, and I think they can be exposed if teams can hold up against the onslaught of the Rams d-line.

As far as offense goes, Foles is a limited player. He doesn't have big time arm strength and isn't very mobile. He's not a bad player, but he isn't a top 15 QB. I think you can win with Foles if the supporting cast is good enough, but I don't think Foles makes the Rams a better team. He's a QB who will only take a team as far as the talent on the OL, RB, and WR/TE is.

From reading comments on this board, I think the fans here overrate your RB talent. I wanted Gurley for the Cardinals, but I don't expect him to be good any time soon considering the time required to recover from his ACL tear. If the Rams thought he would improve their chances of winning now, Gurley was a terrible pick. I'm not saying I dislike Gurley, I'm just saying I don't think he will have a big time rookie year. Tre Mason is a nice complimentary player, but he is not a starting RB.

The Rams WR corps is a dumpster fire. I would argue the Rams have one of the worst WR corps in the NFL. Britt is a decent player, but not a top WR. Givens has been good for stretches but he is inconsistent (I had him on my fantasy team). Brian Quick? I remember when Fisher tried to say he was better than Michael Floyd. Tavon Austin is a nice player, but the problem is he needs to be moved around and "protected" and I don't think the Rams have the other weapons to allow Austin to be the game breaker that he could be.

The Rams offensive line is not good. Robinson is shading closer to bust category, and I didn't expect that, I really like him coming out of Auburn. I'm not too familiar with Jamon Brown, but from I've read on Rams sites, it sounds like he is rounding into shape. Saffold is a decent player, but offensive lines require more than one or two decent players to be good. Rob Havenstein? Nearly every Wisconsin offensive lineman who has come out in the past decade or two has been terrible in the NFL despite the schools reputation.

The real problem with the Rams is coaching though; how many years does Jeff Fisher need? How many more high picks? How many more press conferences where he talks about how the Rams could easily be 3-0 right now. Honestly, as a fan of a divisional opponent, I hope the Rams continue to be hoodwinked by this guy. Fisher is not a good head coach. He's good for 8-8, 7-9, or 6-10 every year. The Titans figured this out and moved on, and the Titans were in a weaker overall division than what the Rams are.

I'll post my view of the Cardinals next....

You won't be around here very long if I see you use another label like "dumpster fire" to describe any part of our team. Maybe that's OK in your card board, but that shit ain't gonna fly here.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Taking @Cardncub's suggestion...

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/the-3-0-rams-are-coming-in-this-weekend-226614.html

The 3-0 Rams are coming in this weekend.

Reading Fishers recent comments is, well, reminds me of Whizenhut days.

Quote:
Fisher said. “We are a few plays away from being 3-0. We make a couple of plays last week, and make a couple plays (Sunday) — you have to approach it that way.
Quote:
“We were close,” Fisher said after reviewing game film. “Todd (Gurley) was like six carries for nine yards. He could have very well had 50 or 60 yards in those six carries, he was that close."

and the classic...

Quote:
“It’s not broken,” Fisher said. “It’s working. I thought this team improved over the Washington effort. It’s not reflected in the win-loss column.”
---------
Fisher is an idiot.

So happy we have Bruce Arians.
--------
Fisher has to be on the hot seat if the Rams don't not improve this year. Only so many times you can say he is a good coach, but never win
------
"You are what your record says you are"

~Bill Parcells~
------
Fisher is right -- after much research, I determined if the following plays just hadn't happened, the Rams would be 3-0:

TD Matt Jones 39 Yard Rush D.Hopkins extra point is GOOD

Dustin Hopkins 46 Yd Field Goal

TD Pierre Garcon Pass From Kirk Cousins for 4 Yrds D.Hopkins extra point is GOOD

Josh Scobee 21 Yd Field Goal

TD Le'Veon Bell 1 Yard Rush
-------
Obviously Fisher and RamzFanz are the same person.
-------
That was my thought too after reading that crap...

I hope we run the score up.
--------
Stay classy, Phoenix fans.
-------
Whiz and Fisher come from the EXACT same school of coach speak. It's pretty comical.
-------
Basic coach speak from both sides in my opinion... Arians will say the Cardinals still have not accomplished anything because he wants the Cardinals to be at full force and not buy into the hype and Fisher is going to say his team could be 3-0 as well because he wants them to feel they have a good chance to win and play inspired all four quarters
smile.gif

-------
Rams are also one or two Pete Carrol coaching blunders from being 0-3.
-------
My biggest fear about the Rams is not the final score. It's Greg Williams and his hitman squad.
-------
I hate the Rams it's never easy. We're gonna find out a lot about this offensive line this week
-------
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/madjacks-banner-suggestions-rams-game-226495.html

MadJack's Banner Suggestions - Rams Game!

Anyway, thoughts on the banner for the Rams game?
-------
Greatest show on grass.
-------
Ewe are next.
-------
I also enjoyed "Smelling Better" as it is reference from Arian's press conference, but a lot of the average fans won't get it.
-------
Forever .500
-------
stay away from our qb please.
-------
"We are on fire not our field"
-------
Cards are on a Rampage
-------
Fleece 'Em!
-------
Above the knees please.
-------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside
I wish you could channel BA's inner 2014 and go with his "Always 8-8" comment. Lol

"There is an 11-3 team and a team that is always 8-8. You figure it out.”

They are stilled p.o'd about that on the ramsondemand board. Lol.
tongue.gif

-------
Ewe suck
-------
Ewe Dirty Rams...
-------
"Run Palmer, RUN!"
icon_smile.gif

-------
"QB Lives Matter"

Name
Tom
I think this Cardinals team might be the best ever. It's early, but the team is balanced and is deep.

Obviously the teams fortunes rest with keeping Palmer healthy, but that could be said about the Patriots, the Packers, and other good teams. Palmer is playing the best ball of career and deserves to be in consideration for MVP through the first part of the season.

His numbers don't actually fully show how good he has been, since his completion percentage is lower because of the extra deep balls the Cardinals throw. Drew Stanton is a capable back up and we could still win with him, but I think it takes us out of title consideration if he starts a bunch of games.

The Cardinals offensive line has been playing decently, but I think the numbers are a bit misleading. They have given up only one sack, but there has been seemingly too much pressure through the first three games. Jared Veldheer hasn't been as good thus far as we was last year. He has been beaten a few times after basically shutting everyone down last year. Ted Larsen has played very well in Mike Iupati's absence, so much so that Cardinals fans are looking at ways to keep him on the field.

Lyle Sendlein is the stereotypical "smart, physically limited" player at center. I think Sendlein matching up on Aaron Donald is a scary matchup. Jonathan Cooper is finally starting to look like a 1st round pick after two injury shortened seasons. He's one of the more athletic guards in the NFL and has decent power at the point of attack. Bobbie Massie is a bit of a disappointment. He is highly athletic, and looks the part, but he has occasional lapses in technique that keep him from being a great player.

He just returned from suspension and had an uneven game against the Niners. Massie does have games where he looks like he could be a pro bowler. Overall, I think the Rams have an edge matching up against the Cardinals offensive line, but it's not as great as Rams fans believe.

The Cardinals RB group is probably the best I've seen since I started watching the team (circa 1993). Lately, Chris Johnson has kind of moved to the front and he still has that burst that made him a 2,000 yard back. The Cardinals look for RBs that can do it all and if backs don't, they don't play. That means all of our backs can catch the ball and pass block to a varying level.

Andre Ellington was hurt in week one after averaging around 6 yards a carry on 10 attempts. I think the Ellington is better suited to as a change of pace or slot receiver because he can't seem to stay healthy with 20 touches a game. David Johnson is already in the hall of fame after three games. He became the first player to score a TD on a reception, a kick return, and a rush through the first two games of the season. His gloves and cleats were sent to Canton.

David Johnson is the RB of the future; he is big (6'1, 225), fast (4.4), catches the ball, shows power and elusiveness. He is the total package. I expect that the Cardinals will do a decent job running on the Rams, with a few mid to longer runs, but most runs ending at or close to the line of scrimmage. The Cardinals shouldn't expect to win this game by running the ball down the Rams throat.

The Cardinals WR corps is one of the strongest in the league (I'll include TEs in this rollup as well). Larry Fitzgerald has finally adapted to his role as primarily a quasi-TE/slot receiver in Arians offense, and through three games, is having his best year ever. A lot of his success is being caused by the headaches that the Cardinals cause with their outside receivers, John Brown, Jaron Brown, and Michael Floyd.

Teams can not snooze on WR John "Smoke" Brown. He is one of the fastest players in the league and will make teams pay for single coverage. This opens up the middle for Fitzgerald to destroy teams. Jaron Brown is a versatile, big receiver with speed. He is a starting caliber player who doesn't get enough touches because of the Fitz/Smoke combo.

Floyd was hurt in the preseason, but he is a strong #2 WR who can beat teams deep with his size and jump ball capabilities. I think this matchup (Cardinals WR vs. Rams secondary/LBs) is a matchup that favors the Cardinals. And I don't even think it's close. The Cardinals TEs are a utilitarian group with Darren Fells as the best player. Fells and Gresham can both block and catch.

I'll cover my thoughts on the Cardinals defense next...

Name
Tom
You won't be around here very long if I see you use another label like "dumpster fire" to describe any part of our team. Maybe that's OK in your card board, but that crap ain't gonna fly here.

Why so touchy? I'm not insulting you.