What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PA Ram

Pro Bowler
I look at this game and the emotional fan in me says: YES! The Rams can win this game. They can kick their ass! They can beat them up...they can create turnovers.

But then I look at the Rams offense and I feel deflated. They've scored three touchdowns this year....one in the last eight quarters.

I don't care how explosive the defense is---it's asking too much of them to score enough points to make up for the lack of offense as well, or to keep running back on the field after three and outs or turnovers that lead to scores or put the defense in bad field position.

It's very frustrating to have half a team. And that's what it feels like--half a championship caliber team and half a 1st pick in the draft team. Yes--they can get better--they can clean things up--and they probably will. But the NFL doesn't wait for you. The games count. They don't even need a great offense--just a good one--an efficient one.

That is Fisher's big challenge--to fix this and in a hurry. If that happens this team is more than capable of making a run and beating teams like the Cards. If it doesn't, then they'll just lose more 12-6 games---and that doesn't feel particularly good. A loss is a loss. There's no consolation in knowing the defense was good. It feels more like the defense was wasted.

That is the challenge and everyone knows it.

I hope that change happens this week. We'll see.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I swear there is a real deal curse on us getting a serious injury every time we play the Rams. It's no secret right now that we are a very legit Super Bowl team as long as Palmer stays 100% but that disappears the moment we lose him.
They should never forget the past! The Rams have averaged over 4 sacks a game against them since Fisher has come to Town, and almost 2 takeaways per game!( Source: Pro-Football-Reference.com)
This is by far the best defense the team will go up against to date. Each year a game with them a qb comes out with an injury. Our tackles who have been giving up pressure are coming against a very formidable front. Smokey has been dropping passes left and right their corners could shut him down. They have enough guys in the secondary to keep Larry quiet. Floyd hasn't been on the field much. They also have weapons on offense. The cards need to bring it all to have any shot of pulling out a w.
I like the honesty in this quote!:D IF they Look-over their shoulder they'll see us coming!:LOL:

Long1.jpg

JL1.jpg

Last edited:

LetsGoRams

Pro Bowler
Name
Thrasher
CJ gouged us a couple years ago.... and he had over a 100 last week with 2 scores. We need our Run D to step up big time.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Long not producing? His sack total puts him 2nd on the vaunted AZ pass rush.
I would be willing to bet they will see a lot of Chris in the Back-field Sunday!! " Think Hat-Trick!"
Not to mention what Quinn, Brockers, and Donald will do!!

Chris72a.jpg

512x.jpg

fearsomefour

Legend
If Johnson is even a shade of his younger self I am worried. Alfred Morris was not giving the Rams trouble. Either were Lynch and Bell. The one runningback that was troublesome was Matt Jones. He was very quick/fast.
Johnson looked good vs SF. Of course they were kind of in shell shock at that point. He didn't have the same pull away speed, but, he was deceptive. I only worry about our over pursuit....dont want to give a guy like that a big cut back lane.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Cardinals get Iupati back this week along with Massie if I remember correctly. They were having success with a backup G and RT. Makes me crazy our O line is lagging so badly.
It will be interesting to see how the interior of the Cards line does vs. our DT rotation. Carson Palmer can make a team pay for blitzes. I expect Arizona to want to pound the ball behind Iupati and Verdeer or whatever his name is on the left side. Then play action us to slow the blitz.
I think the Rams are going to have to be able to generate some points from somewhere besides offense.....a turnover deep in Arizona territory....a long punt return to set up an easy score ect. to win this game. I do believe they are completely capable of doing this.
The offense has to do enough to help the defense. Even if that is getting the ball on their own 15 for example and NOT going three and out. Just picking up 2 or 3 first downs to move field position back to a + or neutral situation would help a lot. It would help both in terms of keeping the D fresh and also keeping the D out of short field situations.
Safeties have to play well too. Arians loves to stretch the field with his WRs after pounding the ground game.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
I really like our chances from a defensive perspective. They like to run routes in the passing game and their OL isn't as good as our DL. If we can get a punt return for a TD out of Austin and maybe if the offense can muster up 3 field goals instead of two we can upset them. Start Harkey and start Gurley and get the much ballyhooed run game going or die trying. We won't keep pace with them passing I don't think.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I really like our chances from a defensive perspective. They like to run routes in the passing game and their OL isn't as good as our DL. If we can get a punt return for a TD out of Austin and maybe if the offense can muster up 3 field goals instead of two we can upset them. Start Harkey and start Gurley and get the much ballyhooed run game going or die trying. We won't keep pace with them passing I don't think.
If we can get Foles on track I like our Chances!!(y)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?70284-VS-St-Louis

VS. St Louis

The Cards should be able to win this game. The only thing that scares me is how we always leave this game with an injured player. Hoping Palmer does not get hurt.
---------
The Rams? Please. We are going to kick their ***, just like we have kicked the last 3 teams ***.
--------
I think Coach said it best when he told the team "We aint (expletive deleted) yet". We need to treat each team like they are the best team in the league that week. I plan to come to UoP this week in full throat hoping to see more greatness from my team, but I will not go into assuming it will be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination.

I think we should and probably will win this game. I would like to us continue our streak of outscoring our opponents by wide margins and making talking heads have to comment about how "for real" this team is.
--------
Teams don't win in the NFL just because they are a "good team" or because they have won before, or even because other teams are afraid to play them.

Teams win because of constant persistent continuing commitment to strive 100% for victory in every game. Let up for one week, and its a L. Even for the Pats or Packers this is true.
-------
I feel the Cards can pass the ball on the Rams. I could see the defense playing lights out again which would make the pass setting up the run something the Rams would be up against.
-------
Just so long as the D doesn't get too cocksure we should be good to go!
--------
I'll feel relieved if we can run the ball on them, that will help take the heat off Carson.
--------
Agreed The steelers moved the ball with no problem just not finishing drives off. The rams offense is now 32nd in the league.
--------
The Rams D is so busy rushing the passer they are giving up an average of a 122.2 yds a game on the ground that is something BA will exploit.
--------
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/heres-one-media-guy-picking-the-rams-226596.html

Here's one media guy picking the Rams

MJD is picking the Rams to win this Sunday. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but the only thing he could come up with was that their D-line would dominate our O-line.

Obviously the Rams have a very good D-line, but he also used the Rams past dominance with the D-line as if this O-line hasn't gotten a heck of a lot better recently.

Cardinals-Preview/bb37f941-c48b-41cf-b1a1-e9ae1d93f2e9" target="_blank">http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/vi...1-e9ae1d93f2e9
---------
I'll say that the Ram DL will let us know just how good our OL is. They don't have to blitz and we do. We'll see which scheme is more effective, and hopefully we'll benefit from:
1. Having a better QB.
2, Having a better defensive backfield.

We'll see on Sunday.
--------
MJD apparently only knows what is on the wires. He has no clue about the depth and breadth of this Cardinals team, and only knows that the Rams have a superb Defensive Line. He is F. O. S.
--------
Rams will bring the heat Sunday but I am confident our coaches will find a way to nuetralize that.
-------
Can't wait the the OL/DL matchup. Time to see what they're made of.
-------
I think this game will be ugly like the Rams/Steelers game.
-------
Maybe, but I am confident that the Cards will score at least 20 and that should absolutely be enough to get the W.
--------
Scroll down and you will see our own @RamzFanz duking it out here. (y)
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/the-rams-are-a-qb-red-light-226519.html

The Rams are a QB red light...

The Rams are not a dirty team. Their DL is not dirty and does not try to land cheap shots. The Rams DL is just very very good and loaded with first round picks that are big and unreal fast (thanks partially to the Skins and the picks).

If we do get ahead in this game by just 2 touchdowns, I would put Stanton in. I respect and dig Arians with our players will play but these Rams have defenders who are unreal physical specimens and I do not want to lose Palmer again to the Rams!
-------
BUT...isn't it comforting to know we have a coaching staff that is fully aware of it...That plus the talent needed is there to game plan to counter effectively.
-------
What NFL team takes out their starting QB after going up by 2 TDs? Does Tom Brady ever take a seat on the bench 4 weeks into the regular season? You can't play scared in the NFL.
-------
Football is a game played by men. Men who can't be scared to play a little longer cuz they might get hurt. You start doing that, you get labeled as the soft team who can't take a physical game and that's not a reputation I want to have.

I want to do exactly what we did to the 9ers this week and I want Palmer to play until Stanton can come in and destroy his rushing total with kneel downs.
-------
The Rams aren't a dirty team? Did Jeff Fisher stop being their HC or something?

Not saying what they did to Palmer was dirty, but they are definitely a dirty team by what they have done to other teams since Fisher's tenure.
-------
Ask Big Ben about this.
-------
Isn't their DC the one who orchestrated 'bounty-gate'?
-------
Yep, it's football. Can't ever played scared. This league, including the coaches, front office, GM, and owner, they're all alpha males. All of them. They will destroy you if you let them.

Worst thing we could do is what Whiz did with Kolb and Anderson when he put extra dudes in to block. If it's specific to that down and distance, then okay, but never to try and protect. We saw what happened with Kolb, he got called out publicly as being scared, even with all that protection. After that it was like sharks after his ass.

Can't do that. We have to trust Palmer and his body and let him take the hits all QBs are going to take.
-------
In the past I was always afraid we would try to counteract what the opposition was doing. Such as " put an extra lineman in for protection".

I am no longer concerned with that. Arians will come out with the same attitude of punch them in the face...and keep punching them. Let THEM counteract what WE do.

I don't see us scoring 40 this week but I don't see the Rams scoring more than 13. I'm thinking 24-13.
--------
Guys, I had no problem at all leaving Palmer in the game last week... I just know what seems to happen to Palmer against the Rams, and what happens to QBs against the Rams, and this is one game I would make an exception to leaving Palmer in if we go up by two touchdowns or three, because these guys are like playing Minnesota in preseason lol
-------
Every season I warn the Cards, fake an injury for your QB. Back tightness. Cramps. Flu. whatever. If you want to keep him, don't play him. I'm dead seriouse. I like Palmer. Dude is amazing for the Cards, my second favorite team. Don't play him. - RamzFanz
-------
Here's my suggestion for you. Tell the Rams to stay home to avoid an ass whoopin. The Rams are my second favorite team in the west. Seriously, stay in St Louis. Your offense will be totally befuddled against this defense.

The big difference in this game...we have a REAL offense. The Rams don't.

Seriously.
-------
RamzFanz just makes me want to beat their ass more, if that's possible. I wish when Fitz scores our 40th point in Sundays game he would spike RamzFanz into the dirt instead of the football. Faceplant style, head in the grass, legs twitching, his mommy all worried, like what happened to my sweet poo-bear. Lol

My bad, Fitz doesn't spike, maybe he'll hug him like he did Rolle after putting up the 40, RamzFanz needs it.
-------
Now I don't condone injuries of any sort to either team, but since the Rams seem to have our number in terms of players getting injured each year, can we just designate Drew Butler as this year's "sacrificial lamb"?
biggrin.gif
nixweiss.gif

-------
Exactly. Gregg Williams will carry around that label and justifiably so. I think if big time QB's keep having knee injuries against this team, it should be looked at more closely. Does this guy preach to his defense to hit the QB low if all else fails?

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Their QBs are having a hard time sleeping this week.

So is that fat-ass fezz wearing clown they call HC.

deadbirds

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Exactly. Gregg Williams will carry around that label and justifiably so. I think if big time QB's keep having knee injuries against this team, it should be looked at more closely. Does this guy preach to his defense to hit the QB low if all else fails?

First off, This Cards fan is a Fing joke. How did Palmer get hurt? Was it a hit to the knee? No it was a tug on the shoulder. Dolt

CJ gouged us a couple years ago.... and he had over a 100 last week with 2 scores. We need our Run D to step up big time.

There in lies the problem. The Rams run D is built to stop power backs like Lynch and Gore. Up until now the NFC west did not have a speed back. We saw what a speed back can do. The Rams D is a penetrating forward moving defense up front. They punch you in the mouth and you punch them back. Thing is when you have great pressure up the field it is negated by running wide. The Skins did it this year and the Giants did it last year. Quick pitches to CJ who can avoid a slower moving DLineman will be a big problem. Fast approaching hard hitting DBs that don't tackle with caution will miss tackles a la the Skins/Giants. As Fisher built the Rams D to combat the NFC west power run games, Arians built his quick hitting offense to combat the power defenses of the NFC West, Rams included. Arrington was the start but now CJ may be the better piece.

Fisher and Williams better have a plan to combat this or it will just be a repeat of what we saw against the Skins. The Ends need to contain. The rush may have to be a bit more cautious on running downs and the Corners may have to play a bit closer to the line to clog things up, because after a speed back passes the front lines he can have a lot of room to move around.

But the NFL doesn't wait for you.

Great quote. This is something I fear Fisher just doesn't understand. He comes out slow with things to fix every season and it puts the team in a hole that they haven't been able to dig out of.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Johnson looked good vs SF. Of course they were kind of in shell shock at that point. He didn't have the same pull away speed, but, he was deceptive. I only worry about our over pursuit....dont want to give a guy like that a big cut back lane.

That is what I am worried about too. They need to contain him. Ariens has himself a good mix on offense between Palmer, Fitzgerald, etc and CJ. It is a lot for a defense to try to defeat. Maybe they surprise me. I thought Pittsburgh was going to route them and they didn't. I thought the Skins would be shut out and they ran wild. I expect the Cards to move the ball and score more points than our offense is capable of...................please please please let me be wrong for another week.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?70284-VS-St-Louis

VS. St Louis

The Cards should be able to win this game. The only thing that scares me is how we always leave this game with an injured player. Hoping Palmer does not get hurt.
---------
The Rams? Please. We are going to kick their ***, just like we have kicked the last 3 teams ***.
--------
I think Coach said it best when he told the team "We aint (expletive deleted) yet". We need to treat each team like they are the best team in the league that week. I plan to come to UoP this week in full throat hoping to see more greatness from my team, but I will not go into assuming it will be an easy game by any stretch of the imagination.

I think we should and probably will win this game. I would like to us continue our streak of outscoring our opponents by wide margins and making talking heads have to comment about how "for real" this team is.
--------
Teams don't win in the NFL just because they are a "good team" or because they have won before, or even because other teams are afraid to play them.

Teams win because of constant persistent continuing commitment to strive 100% for victory in every game. Let up for one week, and its a L. Even for the Pats or Packers this is true.
-------
I feel the Cards can pass the ball on the Rams. I could see the defense playing lights out again which would make the pass setting up the run something the Rams would be up against.
-------
Just so long as the D doesn't get too cocksure we should be good to go!
--------
I'll feel relieved if we can run the ball on them, that will help take the heat off Carson.
--------
Agreed The steelers moved the ball with no problem just not finishing drives off. The rams offense is now 32nd in the league.
--------
The Rams D is so busy rushing the passer they are giving up an average of a 122.2 yds a game on the ground that is something BA will exploit.
--------
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/heres-one-media-guy-picking-the-rams-226596.html

Here's one media guy picking the Rams

MJD is picking the Rams to win this Sunday. I wouldn't have a problem with this, but the only thing he could come up with was that their D-line would dominate our O-line.

Obviously the Rams have a very good D-line, but he also used the Rams past dominance with the D-line as if this O-line hasn't gotten a heck of a lot better recently.

Cardinals-Preview/bb37f941-c48b-41cf-b1a1-e9ae1d93f2e9" target="_blank">http://www.azcardinals.com/videos/vi...1-e9ae1d93f2e9
---------
I'll say that the Ram DL will let us know just how good our OL is. They don't have to blitz and we do. We'll see which scheme is more effective, and hopefully we'll benefit from:
1. Having a better QB.
2, Having a better defensive backfield.

We'll see on Sunday.
--------
MJD apparently only knows what is on the wires. He has no clue about the depth and breadth of this Cardinals team, and only knows that the Rams have a superb Defensive Line. He is F. O. S.
--------
Rams will bring the heat Sunday but I am confident our coaches will find a way to nuetralize that.
-------
Can't wait the the OL/DL matchup. Time to see what they're made of.
-------
I think this game will be ugly like the Rams/Steelers game.
-------
Maybe, but I am confident that the Cards will score at least 20 and that should absolutely be enough to get the W.
--------
Scroll down and you will see our own @RamzFanz duking it out here. (y)
http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f4/the-rams-are-a-qb-red-light-226519.html

The Rams are a QB red light...

The Rams are not a dirty team. Their DL is not dirty and does not try to land cheap shots. The Rams DL is just very very good and loaded with first round picks that are big and unreal fast (thanks partially to the Skins and the picks).

If we do get ahead in this game by just 2 touchdowns, I would put Stanton in. I respect and dig Arians with our players will play but these Rams have defenders who are unreal physical specimens and I do not want to lose Palmer again to the Rams!
-------
BUT...isn't it comforting to know we have a coaching staff that is fully aware of it...That plus the talent needed is there to game plan to counter effectively.
-------
What NFL team takes out their starting QB after going up by 2 TDs? Does Tom Brady ever take a seat on the bench 4 weeks into the regular season? You can't play scared in the NFL.
-------
Football is a game played by men. Men who can't be scared to play a little longer cuz they might get hurt. You start doing that, you get labeled as the soft team who can't take a physical game and that's not a reputation I want to have.

I want to do exactly what we did to the 9ers this week and I want Palmer to play until Stanton can come in and destroy his rushing total with kneel downs.
-------
The Rams aren't a dirty team? Did Jeff Fisher stop being their HC or something?

Not saying what they did to Palmer was dirty, but they are definitely a dirty team by what they have done to other teams since Fisher's tenure.
-------
Ask Big Ben about this.
-------
Isn't their DC the one who orchestrated 'bounty-gate'?
-------
Yep, it's football. Can't ever played scared. This league, including the coaches, front office, GM, and owner, they're all alpha males. All of them. They will destroy you if you let them.

Worst thing we could do is what Whiz did with Kolb and Anderson when he put extra dudes in to block. If it's specific to that down and distance, then okay, but never to try and protect. We saw what happened with Kolb, he got called out publicly as being scared, even with all that protection. After that it was like sharks after his ass.

Can't do that. We have to trust Palmer and his body and let him take the hits all QBs are going to take.
-------
In the past I was always afraid we would try to counteract what the opposition was doing. Such as " put an extra lineman in for protection".

I am no longer concerned with that. Arians will come out with the same attitude of punch them in the face...and keep punching them. Let THEM counteract what WE do.

I don't see us scoring 40 this week but I don't see the Rams scoring more than 13. I'm thinking 24-13.
--------
Guys, I had no problem at all leaving Palmer in the game last week... I just know what seems to happen to Palmer against the Rams, and what happens to QBs against the Rams, and this is one game I would make an exception to leaving Palmer in if we go up by two touchdowns or three, because these guys are like playing Minnesota in preseason lol
-------
Every season I warn the Cards, fake an injury for your QB. Back tightness. Cramps. Flu. whatever. If you want to keep him, don't play him. I'm dead seriouse. I like Palmer. Dude is amazing for the Cards, my second favorite team. Don't play him. - RamzFanz
-------
Here's my suggestion for you. Tell the Rams to stay home to avoid an ass whoopin. The Rams are my second favorite team in the west. Seriously, stay in St Louis. Your offense will be totally befuddled against this defense.

The big difference in this game...we have a REAL offense. The Rams don't.

Seriously.
-------
RamzFanz just makes me want to beat their ass more, if that's possible. I wish when Fitz scores our 40th point in Sundays game he would spike RamzFanz into the dirt instead of the football. Faceplant style, head in the grass, legs twitching, his mommy all worried, like what happened to my sweet poo-bear. Lol

My bad, Fitz doesn't spike, maybe he'll hug him like he did Rolle after putting up the 40, RamzFanz needs it.
-------
Now I don't condone injuries of any sort to either team, but since the Rams seem to have our number in terms of players getting injured each year, can we just designate Drew Butler as this year's "sacrificial lamb"?
biggrin.gif
nixweiss.gif

-------

They're talking like we were after Seattle. I think it's going to work out for them like it did for us. Say what you will about the Steelers fans at least they've been around longer than a couple of years.

A55VA6

Legend
Cardinals fans have a right to be confident coming into this game. Their team looks like one of the best in the NFL right now, and we look like shit (on offense). I think the Cardinals win this one 20-13, but I think we'll see a slight improvement on offense.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
I hope we kick their trash talking asses just like we did to the Seahawks, except we need to beat them worse than we did the Seahawks. Make them stop that super bowl talk nonsense. Also, I want us to show Bruce Arians what's up.

However, this is what I want and I don't quite see us beating them. Should be a close game though. If our offense wakes up and gets it together we should win.

Athos

Legend
It's not going to be easy and we haven't exactly played well other than knocking out their QBs. I'd consider it a win to hold them to 20 or fewer.

No... I don't have any faith in this offense right now to match that.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Cocky SOB's!
I don't care how explosive the defense is---it's asking too much of them to score enough points to make up for the lack of offense as well, or to keep running back on the field after three and outs or turnovers that lead to scores or put the defense in bad field position.
Trust me, a truly dominant defense can win any game, all by itself...Check out the old Steelers, the old Rams, the old Bears, the old Eagles,the Sapp led Bucs, & the Ray Lewis Ravens...literally winning games by themselves....If we take the first 2 drives away from the Steelers, whole different ball game....Take away the first half of the Skins, same story. We have the talent to do it....

-------
Is this you @RamzFanz ???? Love it!!!!!

I'm looking forward to cooking some redbirds this weekend....

Ky Ram

Pro Bowler
They are giving us no shot, just like we gave Washington no shot.

Statement game for us.... time to put the backhand to the pimp hat wearing bowling ball they call a head coach.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want a dominant team so badly I am almost getting sick..I WANT TO DESTROY THEM....So frustrated right now.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
For the love of Pete,PLEASE unleash Gurley this week