What Cardinals Fans Are Saying

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
There's a mixture of respect and bragging about their team(who can blame them?) but there's also a fear of Carson Palmer being injured again. I think they may have even quoted one of our members.

Btw anyone who uses the word "Lambs" instead of Rams lacks any type of creativity.

iabCQjt.jpg

http://forums.azcardinals.com/showthread.php?70284-VS-St-Louis

VS. St Louis

We are favored by 6 - 6 1/2 points. But this game might not be so easy as the Steelers found out.
----------
I see the cardinals scoring, at minimum, 31 points this Sunday, and then the rams scoring no more than 17.

The biggest concern to most posters on this forum however, is getting out of this game unscathed, especially at the QB position. If there was a time for CP to be fearless against an opponent, it's now.
-------
Aaron Donald rated a +18 in his first two weeks according to PFF. The best ever in the history of DVOA rankings (Higher than JJ Watt has ever done and we all know he's a monster) just for a little idea of one player we will be going up against. Their backups on that line could start on other teams.

Their offense may not be potent but that Defense is something that can keep this game close and within one score. Pittsburgh has just as good as an offense as us and look what happened even with Big Ben in the game. They weren't exactly putting up points.

It has been noted that their D-line is so aggressive in getting to the QB that it can open up the running lanes and I think we are going to have to run a lot. We haven't exactly faced a team with a pass rush this year and Carson has had all day. We aren't going to have the time for those more complex route trees to develop as we have recently. Which means we are going to see a significant difference in results.

I think we will win this game. St Louis doesnt play as well on the Road, and they don't play as well on Grass. Our offense should be able to put up 20-23 points and I think if we can do that we should win this game.
--------
Right, we have not faced a pass rush like this yet and I am glad that Massie is back we have a better chance with him in the line up. I think we win with a strong effort from the defense holding down the Rams offense. With Iupati and Ellington back we will need to use them for our ground game which we will need to lean on. Whatever we do we need to make yards on first down to avoid an all out pass rush.
-------
We also can't fall behind by giving up any quick scores.
-------
This is by far the best defense the team will go up against to date. Each year a game with them a qb comes out with an injury. Our tackles who have been giving up pressure are coming against a very formidable front. Smokey has been dropping passes left and right their corners could shut him down. They have enough guys in the secondary to keep Larry quiet. Floyd hasn't been on the field much. They also have weapons on offense. The cards need to bring it all to have any shot of pulling out a w.
--------
lol...

The Rams are terrible, they have a nice D-line and it ends there.
-------
this will be a great test to see how good our oline really is.
-------
I think their Defense will play our Offense pretty fairly but i have no doubt in my mind that we will abuse their Offense.
------
I actually like this game. We are facing half a good team; their defense. This will be a good test for the O. If needs be, our D can bail out our O.
-------
That team has a bunch of talent. But they have a coach who hasn't been relevant in the league since the Titans where the Oilers. No way I can sit here and say this will be an easy win. The steelers were red hot going into that game and the Rams defense suffocated them.
-------
The rams are 1-2 right? They got beat 12-6? I mean there offense is so bad that defense will get gassed eventually. 3 an outs are there offense in a nutshell. I think we are looking at another win for sure. For some reason people think the Hams are just this super D-line team? Ok they did put something on Big Ben, but the Redskins beat them.....This cards team is VERY good, we are a nightmare match up on both sides of the ball.

I say this proudly OUR cards can contend with anyone in NFL. We are BLOWING people out!!! I think a lot of fans are still in shock. Forty ******* 7 to 7? 47-7? I could type that a hundred more times. San Fran fans have to be locked in there bedrooms weeping. I know I know they were bad teams...but in the past we would never put up points like this. Im already chalking this one up as a W.

But how can I be so confident? Because our birds are a bunch of BADA$$ players. Our coach is a BADA$$. Our GM is a BADA$$. You know what the hams are saying? Go see for yourself. http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB...c.php?t=569892 Ya exactly, the fans have already turned on the HC. They say guys like Arians and Reid exposed him for the fraud he is.
--------
All I can say is the Rams are the same old Rams. The Cardinals are the better team and they should win this game. I will be disappointed if they don't.
-------
They have absolute studs in Donald and Quinn, McDonald has turned into a solid safety, but it ends there. Chris Long hasn't been producing like he used too. Brockers has been just average at best. Lauriniatis has been on the downside for the past 2 years. Ogletree is extremely overrated. Janoris flashes a few times, but bites way too many times and gives up more big plays than he should, their best CB in Gaines is out for the season. Don't forget Ben went out in the 2nd half, too.

Yea, this is the best defense we're going up against so far, but it's also the worst offense we're going up again.
------
Call me crazy, and this obviously won't happen, but I deep down wish we would start Stanton in this game at least until we start losing. I swear there is a real deal curse on us getting a serious injury every time we play the Rams. It's no secret right now that we are a very legit Super Bowl team as long as Palmer stays 100% but that disappears the moment we lose him.

Big Ben was the latest victim who knows this all too well right now. On a side note, the game in Pitt went from a 50/50 toss up to a game we have every reason to win with Vick back there. 14-17 points SHOULD be enough to win this Sunday. Go Cards!
--------
Ben was 20-24 before getting hurt on this suffocating D, the Steelers just tried to get cute in the redzone they had no problem marching down the field.

Aaron Donald and Robert Quinn is there "bunch of talent", and for as good as their D-line is in the pass rush they're 26th in run D. Only reason there pass D looks decent is because they have such a good D-line that it applies pressure and they haven't really played a QB outside of 1 half of Big Ben.

They're offense that has "weapons" was 30th in the NFL in total offense before tonight, the 2 teams below them just played aka they have the worst offense in the league while having a terrible o-line. They're leading rusher is a slot wide receiver.

They suck, it sickens me that people fall for this myth that the rams are some good team with a load of talented players every year. We won't beat them by 40 but we're winning this by double digits.
--------
I'm more scared to lose any key player with an injury in this game than with the game itself.
They're an over-agressive team and that's causing a lot of freak injuries to their opponents.

We need to stay injury-free after this game. PLEASE
-------
So how are we going to slow down Donald? He has been more dominant than Watt's best 2 week span ever with a +18 rating (best in history) What if he plays as well as he has so far this season? That would be the most single dominant lineman in history right now.

According to Pro Football Focus, the numbers confirm that notion.
Through two games, Donald has a +18 grade, more than double the best mark any defensive tackle has posted through two games.
In short, he's on pace to "crush the best grade we have ever seen from a defensive interior player."

What's scary is that Donald is even outplaying J.J. Watt at the same point in his career.
Per ESPN: "The highest grade Watt has ever had at this point in a season is a plus-17.3..."
It's been exhausted over and over how great Donald is as a player, and even scarier to think how dominant he can be.

Now it appears the numbers support that claim 100 percent.
--------
yup, Palmer needs to come out healthy because the Rams will be gunning for him. It is the Gregg Williams way
-------
If by "curse" you mean "Greg Williams tries to injure people"
-------
What NO killed us on screen passes I see us killing STL with

Hopefully Ellington is 100% healthy ready for the game we could use him and both Johnsons in the screen game.

Draw plays, screens, and running right through and by the D line pressure
-------
I am sure Arians has a plan to keep that D-Line honest. They are a known QB killer, but if we use our RB's quite a bit they will have to chase. I think we will wear them down. Once the run game is open they will stack the box. Then comes quick routes then deep balls.

They can not rely on there offense for nothing, I think our D has a chance to put up more points. So I agree with screen and run plays. I will say CJ2k is a better blocker so we will probably see more of him.
-------
Right

and I wouldn't rule it out that our D doesn't come up with a TD or 2 against Foles.

Man if only this D could generate pressure with that front 4 and our linebackers.

I mean there's this dude Daryl Washington who should be playing for us who had 9 sacks in 2013 he could help with that
thumbsup.gif

-------
Who?
censored.gif

Seriously though, Fowles does not suck and the Lambs running game is decent with Madden and will get better with Gurley. If Quick comes back, it gives them a reliable receiving option. That D-line has already been talked about and will be tough to deal with.

They can rush the passer and stop the run. This could devolve into a FG kicking contest, unless Palmer gets time. I don't think the rest of the Rams D can deal with our passing game, but in order for that to matter, Carson has to be upright. My prediction: Rams 12, Cardinals 17.
--------
hahaha-024.gif
Something interesting Lambs fan think of their TE:

"Let's give Cory Harkey a chance as our starting TE. He can't look any worse than Jared Cook has looked this season. We need to cut him.

Cook came into my work the other day, I walked by him and his wife/GF, they had a bunch of groceries in their cart, I wanted so bad to say...

"Hey man, you need me to carry your groceries to your car? Don't want you dropping them."

hahaha-024.gif
hahaha-024.gif
nelson.gif

--------
Have you watched the 1-2 rams this year? Foles will feed our DB's. We just beat up a running back called Hyde. I dont think their backs are as good as him. To that fact, our O-LINE only gets better with Lupati coming back. I think we could drop 30 points on them if Carson stays healthy. The Lambs really do suck, they have a D-Line...and that is IT! Throw some extra Tight end blocking, throw a few RB blocks to help keep Carson warm and cozy, its another cruise game.

I wanna start a Thread of FOLES REALLY DOES SUCK now. HAHA You go ahead and ask Lamb fans (season ticket holders) how they feel about their coach...he is not even in the same class as Arians. Our D-Line may not be as good as theirs...but EVERY position after that is.

Including coaching, which includes game planning. This could be so one sided that Lambs fans might not show up. Yes its just my opinion, but you are giving them way to much credit. The only thing I fear, is beating on them so bad they start getting dirty and trying to hurt players. Thats ALL they got!!! Ball dont lie my friend.
--------
I have watched them...and I am not giving them all that much credit. As I stated, Fowles doesn't suck (62% completions with only 1 pick) and their D-line is good. If Gurley provides the upgrade to their running game, they may not be bad on offense Sunday. The danger that I see is that their strength (rushing the passer) is exactly our concern (protecting the passer).

I think the Cards are better at ever position group on offense, but our offense doesn't play their offense. I think we are better on D, except the pass rush. I also didn't say Jack Nicklaus about their coach...I know we have that edge too. If the Lambs play well, I see it as about a five point game. If the Cards hang 30 on them (which is entirely possible if the protection holds up), then that spread goes to 18. I see 12 ish points for the Rams and at least 17 for us.

For this game in particular, our O-line will determine whether it is a struggle or a blow out. But, I will say this...I go into every game seeing the worst case possibility...keeps me from being too disappointed when things go wrong. Oh...and we won't go 16-0...a loss or three will creep in...just a matter of when.
-------
I can understand your thinking. But if Foles is only giving up 1 pick then its a game full of 3 and out. They are at the bottom of the stat sheets with passing, running, just overall yards and not to mention points (28th). http://www.nfl.com/teams/statistics?team=STL They have been sacked 5 times. We are in the top 5 for best run D.

So what I am saying is, that defense will break down eventually if there offense can not stay on the field. We are at home, we are on fire. At some point we will open up a pretty good lead on them. They scored 6 points man! 6 against Steelers. We allowed 7 on a bonehead play against 9ers. So even if that defense gets at us early, We will ball hawk, stuff the run and again a bunch of 3 and outs. NO defense can stop anyone forever, and like you said if our O-Line does its job, an don't forget to mention we can throw in some TE, RB blocking to help, I can see us easily putting 30 on them.

And I am not saying we will go 16-0, we still have GB, Cincy, and Seachickens to face, what I am saying is that the Rams are not one of those teams we should say we can squeak by with a 5 point win. I think we can blow them out of the water since their offense sucks lemons.

I had more fear of the Bears before Cutler left than I do the Lambs. I do understand your thinking to anticipate things going wrong, and I probably go with that philosophy IF we were not at home. I just think we will dominate.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Our D has a history against this teams QB's. That needs to continue exponentially this week.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
We are 1-2 and same ole Rams and they are 3-0 building on a good season last year. We pretty much have to suck it up and hope that this is one of those games we play well on both sides of the ball. They are good and if I was a bragger I would brag if they were my team.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Brockers has been just average at best.

I took offense to this statement more than any other in that group. Big Brock has been dominating this season. We have the best DT tandem in the league, two top ten tackles, and we just held Le'Veon Bell to 3.3 YPC, in large part due to Brockers. I wonder what washed up Chris Johnson's statline will be. 20 carries, 10 yards? Keep in mind Fisher knows every single tendency of CJ better than anyone.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
Not confident at all after the last two weeks. We could easily be 3-0 or 0-3 right now.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hope Fisher will show the team Arians's post-game interview from last year. These so-called nobodies are gonna make them sore on Monday morning.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2022 TOP Member
As with any fan base we can see by these comments AZ has their fair share of the bottom of the gene pool populating their message boards. There are enough reasons to not fear the Rams but some of these people seem to want to invent their own ideas. Brockers not good? Yeah ok. Long not producing? His sack total puts him 2nd on the vaunted AZ pass rush. Who the hell is this Fowles guy they talk about? Arians has a plan to handle the DLine? I hope it's better than his previous plans were.

Rams fans have little to nothing to brag about because we haven't won in a long time. Arizona has never won anything yet you couldn't tell that by their fans.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't blame them for trashing the Rams. We've played like crap the past two weeks. But this is a game in the division. And if there's one thing Fisher does well, it's give our division rivals hell. They're not going to blow us out and we're going to dish out some pain this weekend. Hopefully, we pull out the win. But it's hard for me to predict that with it being an away game.

Penguin.

Rookie
If our line was not made of wet paper bags, I think we could beat them.

I bet their QB gets hurt and they don't win more than four games though. Too bad every other comment was "the Rams suck".

Brockers, by the way, is better than any player on that defense.

bwdenverram

Legend
Name
BW
If there ever was a game I want us to make a statement it's this one. I hate Arians cocky arse.
Fans are so overconfident its almost sickening. They've had 3 cake games. Lets see when they play some decent teams.

I predict we play pissed off and hold them to 21 or less.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
We all know what happened last time we played the undefeated Cards.....

Killgasm

Starter
Name
Alex
I envy their joy, but I laughed hard when they said a Brockers was average at best! Lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
People keep telling me I'm overestimating the Cards. But I'll say this: beating down bad opponents is a sign of a great team. I'm not gonna make the same mistake as other fans made when our '99 Rams were beating the stuffing out of bad teams to start the season when the standard dismissal was "oh whatever, who have they played?" That led to those same fans as well as the 9ers faithful sitting there in horror as the GSoT slapped their defense around like a russian wife. Beating bad teams matters.

Note that I'm not saying the Cards are a great team yet. But they're showing signs, that's for sure. The Rams defense is capable of beating their offense down and turning it into a scrum where either team can win but they haven't really played a game where everything was hitting on all cylinders. It's been a lot of bend but don't break and while they're clearly ascending after the Skins game they have not arrived just yet.

I just don't like the matchup due to timing, as well as the fact that it's in Arizona. And the matchup of the Cards defense vs our offense is something I don't like thinking about. My hope is Fish and Cigs unleash Gurley in this game and this young line fires the F off.

Lastly, I listened to Arians tonight on Sirius NFL channel and he was extremely complementary of the Rams. Talked up the defense and even talked about all the weapons that they have on offense. I did think it was funny he mentioned Cook btw, must be a remnant of that one big game Cookie had vs them. But the theme from Arians was all about running the ball and how physical the game would be.

I'm sure the Rams strategy sounds the same tbh. Cigs has to find a way to get that ground game rolling hard and fast. If he does that, the Rams will be all they can handle and might get a road W.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
I know this team has had us pulling our hair out the last 2 games, but I'm telling you guys that this game will be a good one. Not putting up a bunch of 3 and outs alone will make this a close game. As long as we don't keep the defense out on the field for too long, they will do their job and keep this one close. If this offense wakes the hell up and moves the ball like they did against Seattle, then watch out.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
AZ is a pretty complete team right now minus a pass rush, a consistent ground game and special teams. They are fundamentally sound everywhere. They like to sling it. They set up the run with the pass, Fitzgerald is on fire right now. Palmer is on fire too. He's spreading the love around. They're getting Guards Iupati back from injury and Jonathan Cooper is starting to show up. RT Massie is back from suspension but has possibly lost his job to Earl Watford who has done a nice job holding that post. They have some good options at RB with Ellington back along with the Johnson boys. Their speed could bother our D.

As for the defense they want you to throw. Not because of the pass rush but because of their DB's ability to cover ground and disguise the passing lanes.
They do not want to defend the run all day. Same as last year, but teams quit on it early due to impatience. IMO.

Are they a better coached team? Maybe. Probably, but we're a better team on defense and special teams. Cards fans like to look at the numbers and claim our defense is overrated but they don't realize that the scheme is designed to give up the short stuff between the 20's and lock it down in the red zone. It's also designed to wreck QB's and eliminate the inside run. Points are hard to come by vs our guys. The Cards can score. Should be interesting.

If our offense shows up and can put 20-23 points on the board we win. If not....
giphy.gif

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
The Rams need to suck up their pride and go play the way they are capable of playing to shut these guys up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
The Rams need to suck up their pride and go play the way they are capable of playing to shut these guys up.

And we have to beat them three times. :cheers:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
I took offense to this statement more than any other in that group. Big Brock has been dominating this season. We have the best DT tandem in the league, two top ten tackles, and we just held Le'Veon Bell to 3.3 YPC, in large part due to Brockers. I wonder what washed up Chris Johnson's statline will be. 20 carries, 10 yards? Keep in mind Fisher knows every single tendency of CJ better than anyone.
I agree on the part about Brockers, but disagree about CJ. When we played him and the Titans 2 years ago he gouged us, 23 for 150, 2 TD's. It was his best game by far the entire season. We're better on D than we were, but we had issues with Morris and Jones, and the Cards have a solid rookie also.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If Johnson is even a shade of his younger self I am worried. Alfred Morris was not giving the Rams trouble. Either were Lynch and Bell. The one runningback that was troublesome was Matt Jones. He was very quick/fast.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
If Johnson is even a shade of his younger self I am worried. Alfred Morris was not giving the Rams trouble. Either were Lynch and Bell. The one runningback that was troublesome was Matt Jones. He was very quick/fast.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ng-into-football-shape-has-his-explosiveness/

Arians: Chris Johnson getting into football shape, has his explosiveness
Posted by Josh Alper on September 30, 2015

490466550-e1443615618802.jpg
Getty Images

When the Cardinals signed Chris Johnson in the middle of August and he promptly hurt his hamstring, it didn’t look promising that this reclamation effort would go any better than his 2014 attempt with the Jets.

Things are looking a bit better three weeks into the season, however. Johnson has started the last two games for Arizona, gained 182 yards on 42 carries and added a 40-yard reception last Sunday to help the Cardinals to a 3-0 start to the season.

Johnson’s starts have come with Andre Ellington out of the lineup with a knee injury, but coach Bruce Arians says that Johnson won’t be going anywhere. While on Sirius XM NFL Radio with Alex Marvez and Bill Polian Tuesday, Arians said that Johnson will hold onto a prominent role whether Ellington and rookie David Johnson are available or not.

“He kinda fits our system real well,” Arians said. “He’s now getting in football shape. When we got him, he wasn’t in great football shape and he pulled a hamstring early in camp. He’s now getting in football shape and he has his explosiveness. We’re not going to wear him out. He’s still going to be a 15-20 touch guy.”

Johnson showed explosiveness against the 49ers, but he also got the job done when it came to moving the chains and getting the ball into the end zone on the goal line. Ellington hasn’t done those things consistently in his NFL career, which is only more reason to believe Johnson won’t be going anywhere unless the last couple of weeks prove to be an aberration.