What 49ers fans are saying(Games 1 and 2)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Meh, most of the 49ers fans are purely looking at our record and leaning on last year's results. They're line of thinking is wishful on their part as well. This Rams team is WAY better than last year's team. For their sake, they better hope this isn't the game our defense puts it together because if they do we will win this game without a doubt. What confuses me is how other teams' fans can look at this defense's performance through just FOUR games and conclude this is who they are. If I were them, I would be looking at the "due" factor, because the defense is going to lose its mind really soon and bitch slap some offenses. I personally think they will start doing this on Monday night and stun the shit out of 9ers fans.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK anyone who predicts a loss against the 49ers.

And I say that with the utmost respect of course.

This is the 49ers. Even if you believe we don't have a chance, there is absolutely no excuse for saying so ... out loud.

You now have the opportunity to either (a) take it back or (b) turn in your fan card.

Predicting a loss against the Rams' most storied rival. The hell's wrong with some of you?

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
Until we play a decent game for 4 quarters I'm not predicting anymore rams wins. 28-17 49ers

IMG_74779188539741.jpeg

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify

This is the 49ers. Even if you believe we don't have a chance, there is absolutely no excuse for saying so ... out loud.

You now have the opportunity to either (a) take it back or (b) turn in your fan card.

Predicting a loss against the Rams' most storied rival. The hell's wrong with some of you?
Gwvna.gif

rams2050

Starter
I just hope Austin Davis is ready for prime time. . . If he's not, it's gonna be a loooooong night.

I, however, think that AD will rise to the occasion. I'm hoping that the gang from the GSOT years will get him off to the side and tell him XACTLY how much the Rams and the Rams' fans HATE the fuuuuckin' whiners.

Rainram

Starter
Niners aren't the test. The test will be the Seahawks.

A loss this week would be horrifying. At home, first division game, 1-4, GSOT celebration, Monday Night Football?

272.gif

Agreed. I really, really hope we show up this week for all the reasons noted above. Prime time TV/MNF, pretty much a must win game, GSOT in town, rivalry game. Oh, what I would give for us to not not only show up, play well and win...but to DOMINATE this game...

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I just hope Austin Davis is ready for prime time

He called me last night and said "Hey Prime Time, I was born ready."

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/10/8/6942977/49ers-vs-rams-a-prospectors-guide

49ers vs. Rams: A prospector's guide
By David Fucillo@NinersNation on Oct 8 2014

455881104.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Michael B. Thomas

We take a look at pertinent facts, figures and history in the 49ers Week 6 matchup with the St. Louis Rams.

The San Francisco 49ers travel to face the St. Louis Rams this week in a Monday Night Football matchup. This is the 49ers 71st appearance on Monday Night Football, and they are 45-25, with six straight wins to date. Their last MNF appearance was last season's 34-24 win over the Atlanta Falcons, which featured NaVorro Bowman's "Pick at the Stick".

The Monday appearance means we get Mike Tirico and Jon Gruden calling the game, with Lisa Salters handling sideline duties. The game will be broadcast on ESPN, with kickoff at 5:30 p.m. PT. ESPN means national coverage, and all sorts of international television opportunities.

The 49ers have 64 wins over the Rams, which marks the most for the 49ers against any opponent. They face a Rams squad that is 1-3, but starting to show some things on offense. The Rams are averaging 25.5 points per game, but have shown more in recent weeks after an ugly Week 1 loss to the Minnesota Vikings.

The 49ers dropped their first divisional game in Week 3, losing 23-14 to the Arizona Cardinals. It was a road loss, so it's not the end of the world, but the team that can go 4-2 against NFC West opponents is likely the team that claims the division.

Series HighlightsMatchups: 129
Series Record: 49ers lead series 64-62-3
49ers Away Record vs. Rams: 49ers lead series 32-31-1
First Meeting: 10/1/50, Rams win 35-14, at SF
Last Meeting: 12/1/13, 49ers win 23-13, at SF
Current Streak: Won 2
Longest 49ers Win Streak: 17 (12/17/90 - 12/27/98)
Longest Rams Win Streak: 10 (11/29/70 - 9/28/75)
Most 49ers Points: 48 (12/27/87): 49ers win 48-0, at SF
Most Rams Points: 56 (11/9/58): Rams win 56-7, at LA
49ers Shutouts: 8 (Last 12/4/11), 49ers win 26-0, at SF
Rams Shutouts: None

WR Anquan Boldin

• In 15 career games against StL, he has totaled 97 receptions for 1,326 yards and 7 TDs.

• As a member of the Arizona Cardinals, he had 6 receptions for a team-high 123 yards and 2 TDs at StL (11/23/03).

• Has 6 career 100-yard games against StL in his career, his most against any team.
CB Tramaine Brock

• Recorded 1.5 sacks and tied for a team-high 9 tackles at StL (9/26/13).
TE Vernon Davis

• Recorded his 100th career reception at StL (12/21/08 - 17 yard pass from QB Shaun Hill).

• Tied the then NFL record for TD receptions by a TE (13) in a single season at StL (1/3/10). Davis' career-long 73-yard TD reception in the 4th quarter tied TE Antonio Gates' record from 2004.
RB Frank Gore

• Ranks 1st in NFL history with 14 rushing TD against StL.

• In 14 games vs. StL, he has rushed for 1,149 yards and 14 TDs on 254 carries, including posting 5, 100-yard games.

• His 14 rushing TDs vs. StL are his most against any team in the NFL.

• Passed 49ers and Pro Football Hall of Famer Joe Perry (7,344) for most rushing yards in franchise history vs. StL (12/4/11). Gore broke the record on a 2-yard run in the 2nd quarter and finished the day with 73 yards on 21 carries.

• Rushed for 58 yards and 1 TD at StL (12/2/12), his 6th TD of the year.

• Had 20 carries for 153 yards and 1 TD at StL (9/26/13).
DT Tony Jerod-Eddie

• Recorded his first career fumble recovery at StL (9/26/13). The takeaway led to a 1-yard TD run by RB Anthony Davis two plays later.
QB Colin Kaepernick

• Completed 21 of 32 pass attempts for 208 yards and rushed for 84 yards on 9 carries at StL (12/2/12).
  • Recorded a passer rating of 111.5 by completing 19 of 28 pass attempts for 275 yards and 1 TD vs. StL (12/1/13).
P Andy Lee

• Notched a single-game career-high 5 punts downed inside the 20-yard line vs. StL (10/4/09).
  • Hit 5 punts for 284 yards (56.8 avg.), including a net of 51.4 and 2 punts downed inside the 20-yard line at StL (1/1/12).
  • Punted 7 times for a net avg. of 52.0 yards and dropped 2 punts inside the 20-yard line at StL (9/26/13).
WR Brandon Lloyd

• In nine career games against the Rams, has totaled 16 receptions for 289 yards and 6 TDs.
  • Caught his first career TD receptions vs. StL 11/2/03.
DT Ray McDonald

• Recorded his first career FR and returned it 11 yards to the end zone for his first career TD vs. StL (10/4/09).

• Registered his first career FF after taking down Rams QB A.J. Feeley vs. StL (12/4/11).
DT Justin Smith

• Accumulated a career-high 3.5 sacks on QB Keith Null at StL in the 2009 season finale (1/3/10).

• Made a team-high 8 tackles and sacked QB Sam Bradford in the 4th quarter vs. StL (12/2/12).
LB Patrick Willis

• Recorded 2nd career INT return for a TD, returning a QB Kyle Boller pass 23 yards for a score, while posting a career-high 2.5 sacks to go along with 11 tackles vs. StL (10/4/09). He became the first player in franchise history, and just the third player in the NFL since the sack became an official statistic in 1982, to tally at least 2.5 sacks and an INT return for a TD in the same game.
  • While wearing a cast on his hand, registered a sack and FF at StL (12/26/10), taking down QB Sam Bradford.
  • ------------
  • Which 49ers secondary will show up?
    The one that shut down Foles and the Eagles’ deep passing attack? Or the one that allowed Stanton a career game?

I am pessimistic on the 49ers OL. It will be the first game where the Rams’ DL will shine in pass rush.
    -------------------

• http://www.sportshoopla.com/forums/san-francisco-49ers/166187-49ers-vs-rams-pre-game-thread.html
49ers vs Rams Pre Game Thread:

3-2 I will take it. We need this win to go 4-2 and get a division win. This game should not give us problems but Rams always plays us tight. This is a big game leading the following week against Denver.

We are a few weeks away from getting A. Smith and Bowman back. VD should be back this week and we might lose AD for another week.

watch out when we are healthy.
-----------
...anyways the niners better not sleep on this one. Has all the makings of a trap game if they look ahead to Denver.

This is a game the team HAS to win. They're already 0-1 in the division and need to get all the wins they can right now before getting reinforcements back. The schedule is not easy the rest of the way and certainly going to Denver on a short week is an almost impossible task.

Best way to attack the rams is to run the ball. We'll need to do that because I don't trust our OL vs their pass rush. If we do throw the ball it needs to be similar to what we did vs the Cards. Quick passes and don't have Colin take long drop backs and have long developing routes down the field. Take a few shots off playaction on favorable downs but otherwise keep it short and keep the chains moving.

Defense...I don't care who the QB is but they have got to get to the QB.

Should be a game we win but can't afford to get sloppy with penalties or turnovers.
------------
The Rams are hard to figure out. Very inconsistent so far, but they have looked good at times, and of course, Jeff Fisher is an excellent coach. We're clearly the better team on paper, so let's get ahead early and make this a boring game.
------------
It's probably just human nature for the players to look ahead to the marquee matchup against Denver, and certainly, the coaching staff is already making preparations for the Denver game. Let's just hope the coaching staff does a great job of keeping the players focused on the Rams game.
------------
I was going to say this. I'm not sure anyone will pass this game up or anything like that. Yes, if the Niners lose the storyline will be "TRAP GAME! NINERS DIDN'T TAKE THE RAMS SERIOUSLY!" but the way we've been playing (and winning) this year it's not like we are way out in front and stomping people. This is just as big a game as the Broncos game imo, so I think they come out ready to go.

That doesn't mean they will win. I think this game will be similar to the Chiefs game and it will be a hard fought win if we get it. The Rams seem to be decent with coming back after being down so I'd say run run run for us once again. Hopefully we can control the ToP once again and play well for the entire game. I'd love to see a complete game dominant performance, but I'm not sure we are ready for that yet. No mistakes and low penalties would be a great combo to watch though.

I hope we kill them since it's the Rams but who really knows. We are pretty unpredictable.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler

I'm not taking it back and I'm not turning in my fan card. This is a rams board and I'm allowed to express my opinion about the rams, positive or negative regardless of the opposition. I've expressed my opinion without menace and I don't believe predicting a loss makes me any less of a rams fan than you are.

It doesnt make a difference what the rivalry history is or how much you hate the other team.
I don't let emotion cloud my judgement and my judgement is telling me that the niners are a much better team and we are all over the place right now

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Obviously I'm still rooting for the rams and it's worse for me as I'm watching it with a niner fan.. Yup

Last edited:

BadCompany

Rookie
Is it hyperbole to suggest this might be one of the most important games in the Rams history?

Home game, Monday night in front of national audience, a season already teetering on the brink... if they stink out the joint the home crowd will be on them, there will be calls for Fisher's head, and people will start to stay away from the Dome. Same old Rams. It could be the beginning of the end, what with LA in the wings and all.

On the other hand, if they come out flying, lay a whooping on the Niners, unleash Sack City, and walk away with a convincing win then their is still hope for the season. The team will be rejuvenated, prouder, full of swagger. It will be just what they need to climb out of this hole and vindicate the path Fisher and Snead have chosen. They could show the world that despite their record they really are a talented team, on the upswing, and that there is more than just hope for the future, there is a reality that includes watching winning football in St. Louis. This year.

Is it just me, or is this game SOOOO important for a whole lot of reasons?

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Two Truly Great Quotes, and Points to remember!!
the defense is going to lose its mind really soon and bitch slap some offenses. I personally think they will start doing this on Monday night and stun the crap out of 9ers fans.

Series HighlightsMatchups: 129
Series Record: 49ers lead series 64-62-3
49ers Away Record vs. Rams: 49ers lead series 32-31-1
First Meeting: 10/1/50, Rams win 35-14, at SF
Last Meeting: 12/1/13, 49ers win 23-13, at SF
Current Streak: Won 2
Longest 49ers Win Streak: 17 (12/17/90 - 12/27/98)
Longest Rams Win Streak: 10 (11/29/70 - 9/28/75)
Most 49ers Points: 48 (12/27/87): 49ers win 48-0, at SF
Most Rams Points: 56 (11/9/58): Rams win 56-7, at LA..*
49ers Shutouts:
8 (Last 12/4/11), 49ers win 26-0, at SF
Rams Shutouts: None..*
* Means I hope these stats Improve this coming Monday Night!!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Obviously I'm still rooting for the rams and it's worse for me as I'm watching it with a niner fan.. Yup
Well I'd say that's your choice ,so I won't be joining your pity party.

IMO there is no upside in predicting a loss ,IMO anyone who predicts a win could be regarded as overly optimistic, but the yang to that is that those who predict a loss could be overly pessimistic.
The elements for us to win are in place,if you go on common opponents we've scored more and their offensive line has had a lot of trouble protecting Kaepernick

BTW I've now heard three national outlets encourage fantasy players to add AD and Quick

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not taking it back and I'm not turning in my fan card. This is a rams board and I'm allowed to express my opinion about the rams, positive or negative regardless of the opposition. I've expressed my opinion without menace and I don't believe predicting a loss makes me any less of a rams fan than you are.

It doesnt make a difference what the rivalry history is or how much you hate the other team.
I don't let emotion cloud my judgement and my judgement is telling me that the niners are a much better team and we are all over the place right now
Then I, as the duly appointed (by me) arbiter of fan card validity, hereby ceremoniously revoke your card.

Also, you can lighten up now.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Well I'd say that's your choice ,so I won't be joining your pity party.

IMO there is no upside in predicting a loss ,IMO anyone who predicts a win could be regarded as overly optimistic, but the yang to that is that those who predict a loss could be overly pessimistic.
The elements for us to win are in place,if you go on common opponents we've scored more and their offensive line has had a lot of trouble protecting Kaepernick

BTW I've now heard three national outlets encourage fantasy players to add AD and Quick

I'm a realist, not a pessimist

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title

LMAO.....I thought we were on the road...and was gonna say almost no chance....now that I know we're at home...
Rams-48
9ers-6
All my ROD$$$$$ are going on this....okay half....;):love::LOL::cool::p:D:rolleyes:
It hurts to see opponents fans comments, esp. the ones about the draft....Hell, I'm about to start mocking Gurley or Gordon in the 1st to us....Stacy and his injuries...another DX

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
lighten-up-francis-o_zps025fc7ec.gif

Rams vs 49ers is the pinnacle of the football season for me.
Its Niner week.
I dont hate any team in any sport even remotely close
Now Rams, go out there and kick their ass!!
Rams 31-10

iced

some of these guys are quite the idiots

"3rd scoring defense" - 10th in yards, whats that tell you? Offense keeps giving them points.

"29th run defense makes pass defense good" - really genius? thats why we have the fewest deep shots in the nfl against our line in attempts and play calls? riiiigghhtttttt.....our line is so bad that other teams struggle with short completions and rarely attempt the big ones.

Best part is Austin Davis is already a better Quarterback than Chokerdick