What 49ers fans are saying(Games 1 and 2)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
All of these were filmed in the Dallas Fort Worth area... immediately following cowgirl games of meaning btw........

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/10...cisco-sits-as-a-field-goal-favorite-in-week-6

49ers-Rams odds: San Francisco sits as a field goal favorite in Week 6
By David Fucillo@NinersNation on Oct 6 2014

20130926_ajl_sr6_416.0_standard_709.0.jpg

Scott Rovak-USA TODAY Sports

The 49ers face the Rams in a Week 6 Monday Night Football road game. We take a look at some early gambling stats, and the initial Rams injury report.

The San Francisco 49ers travel to face the St. Louis Rams in Week 6 on Monday Night Football. This game marks the 49ers second divisional game, having dropped their first on the road to the Arizona Cardinals. This will be the Rams first divisional game. Following a 49ers win and Rams loss in Week 5, San Francisco is currently a 3-point favorite.

The line opened at 49ers -4, but it has come down to 3- or 3.5-points depending on the site you use. The 49ers are only 2-4 against the spread in their last six games, but they are 8-2-2 ATS in their last 12 road games. One interesting trend has the 49ers at 2-4 ATS in their last six games at St. Louis, but 4-2 straight up in the same span. Not a huge deal, but rather shows some close games.

The point total is set at 43.5 points. The 49ers have gone under the total in their last five road games. The Rams have gone under in 7 of their last 9 games, but have gone over in 10 of their last 15 home games.

I'm not entirely sure what to do this week. I suspect I'll be picking based on a 3- or 3.5-point line. I'm tempted to take the 49ers at -3 since a 3-point win would net me half a point. I'm open to suggestions!

We'll have plenty more to get you ready for Sunday's game, but in the meantime, here's a quick injury update. Tavon Austin was questionable for Sunday's game. He played, but finished with 33 yards on two receptions, and a pair of short punt returns. Zac Stacy suffered a strained calf during the game, but early reports indicate he will be good to go on Monday. He gets an extra day, so that will help. Even if he is limited,Benny Cunningham looks like a pretty capable backup for Stacy.
------------
I know we’re on the road, but Rams. I mean, Rams.
------------
The Rams are still the Lambs. They’ve given us a bit of trouble the past few years, but I’m thinking Roman has learned by now what does and does not work against their defense (no more QB-option plays near our own goal line!).
-----------
Rams d-line against our o-line, in St. Louis? I think this spread is quite reasonable.
-----------
But 5 weeks in (to be fair they’ve played 4 games) and they have 1 sack and give up almost 5 yards a carry. By points they are the 3rd worst team defense in football.
----------
But I am going to need a lot more convincing before I can trust our o-line.
----------
It’s couched in "I think", so there’s that caveat. :)

But look at what the 49ers did to the Rams last year in their house? Ran all over them for over 200 yards of rushing. I think we see more of that this week.

Looking at the earlier Cards game, it does look like Roman is evolving to meet the threats each of the NFC West’s opposing defenses. That spread offense against the Cards was brilliant, although obviously we didn’t do it enough to win the game. I’m excited to see what they do against the Seahawks this time around. NFCCG, it was hurry-up offense and Kaepernick designed runs. What will they cook up this time?

Look, I despise Roman ofttimes just like everyone else, but a lot of that stems from his seemingly unimaginative play sequencing more than the plays themselves. Too often, the 49ers become predictable in their run/pass selection on each down. On the other side of the ledger, Roman seems to have a tendency to dial up some really odd play calls at inopportune moments. There is a time for options and naked bootlegs and wide receiver passes, but those times should be rare!

But I do respect that he seemingly is open to making adjustments to get this machine running better. The lack of delay of game penalties and using timeouts to avoid them in this game was truly astounding after the horror show in that area against Philly (now we just need some consistency on that!).
----------
The rams may have backdoor covered several games this year, but vs. SF? This seems way out of line to me and I would be jumping on it if I gambled on NFL games.
---------
Plus the national narrative on the 49ers right now is that the players hate their coach and he is on his way out.
---------
Kaepernick throws for 3 TDs, Gore rushes for 100 and the D gets it done.
----------
What happened to the rams d?
They have 1 sack and give up 5 yards a carry? 30 points a game? Wtf rams?

I thought this would be a tough game with neither offense capable of doing much. Now their best player is: Austin Davis? Who is this kid?

The stats suggest we should crush them. Their 1 victory is over a crummy buc’s team. Then again they came to life against Phi yesterday.

We should win this game. And if we do we’ll be in fairly good shape.
------------
I'll be there, screaming my head off!
From my $18 nosebleeds from stubhub.

Last year we rolled them on Thursday night in St Louis…I think we had like 200+ yards on the ground.
---------
Arizona is a much better team
than the Lambs.
----------
I will never take the Rams lightly.
This team always is good for at least one good fight against the Niners per season. They know that they aren’t going anywhere this year, so it’s all about playing spoiler, and the way our offensive line has been playing I don’t think it’s ever safe to assume that a game is in the bag.
----------
I don't think anyone takes any NFL game lightly
At least if they’re smart. These are all professional teams with professional players. They all have pride and are extremely talented to even be in this league at all. But if you are asking who should win this game, it’s pretty easy to think it should be the 49ers the majority of the time. The Rams, as they’ve shown this season, are simply not a very good TEAM. They do have some top-flight talent, but as a team they simply do not gel.

49ers could definitely lose if they don’t take this game seriously or have multiple bad calls go against them or are the victims of flukey turnovers. But they should win and it will be a major disappointment if they do not, considering we have to visit the Broncos the week after this game.
-----------
The Rams fans are already making 2015 mock drafts, so……

It’s bad over there. Niners 69-0.
---------
Must-win?
No, of course not, not when we’ve won 2 in a row and sit at 3-2 in a division and conference where everyone has lost at least 1 game. But really, losing to the Rams would not bode well for the rest of the season. We already lost a division game. Winning the division outright will clearly be an onerous task. If we’re 10-6 or 11-5 then we need a solid division record to get in the playoffs and if we can’t beat the Rams then I see us losing plenty more.

Also, sure, we were 0-1-1 against the Rams 2 seasons ago and made it to the SB but I think this season, with the schedule and injuries, is an entirely different monster.
----------
This is a must-win game, as the road only gets tougher from here. The Rams are easily the worst team remaining on our schedule (ok, Washington is not good, but I don’t think they’re as bad as the Lambs). We will probably lose a few games to the better teams remaining on our schedule (I predict Denver, Seattle and perhaps the Chargers have a fair to good chance of beating us), so to have a realistic shot of making the playoffs, we need to win the few games we have against clearly less-talented teams.

I will break something if we don’t win this game. :)
----------
I think this is going to be a break out game for us… Austin Davis has been pretty solid as of late but the Rams still have a number of injures and question marks…

The Rams are 29th in the league against the run, so I hope to see HUGE games from Gore and Hyde…

The Rams being a top D against the pass is a direct result of being so poor against the run… Its not that they are that good..

I think we are going to score in the mid to high 30’s in this game. Austin Davis will commit a couple turnovers guaranteed, so Kap just needs to take care of the ball again to secure a win. Turnovers have kept the Rams in the last 3 games this season… Taking care of the ball will be key and I think Kap got the memo after last week…

My prediction is 34-17.
----------
No Steven Jackson.....No Problem
Should be an easy game.
----------
Feeling confident with Chris Long out
Last year it was good performance in St. Louis but typically these games have nail bitters even when the Rams were cellar dwellers.
---------
nail biters is right
can’t recall how many times i’ve screamed a big "f you" at fischer when the camera pans on his face

209RamsFan

I have have some kind words for the 69ers and their fans "F#CK the 69ers"!!!!!

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Sigh....I'm sad we haven't seen a 9ner's fan sign-up yet.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Bump.
It's niner week.
This should be the first thread seen all week.

Rambition

Rookie
i do like these opponent fan threads. in fact...is there any chance we could get one more update following the game, say from the next day? especially if we win. but i was also thinking it would have been good to check back in with the eagle forums and see how all the "easy win for the eagles" types were doing, lol.

UnknownREknown

Well-unKnown Member
I shudder to think what gore will do to us in this game.
Also, Kap will rush like a beast and we couldn't even tackle Romo.
Can't see anything but a niners win here.

28-10 Niners.
maybe 14-10 if we're lucky.. But we're still going 1-4

So the games already over, huh?

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
i do like these opponent fan threads. in fact...is there any chance we could get one more update following the game, say from the next day? especially if we win. but i was also thinking it would have been good to check back in with the eagle forums and see how all the "easy win for the eagles" types were doing, lol.

You're welcome to do that. Type in 'Philadelphia Eagles forums' and there you go. Personally, after the losses against the Cowboys and Eagles the last thing I wanted to do was read the smug remarks by their fans. Yes, I'm a sore loser.

the zohan

Rookie
Name
Macker
I shudder to think what gore will do to us in this game.
Also, Kap will rush like a beast and we couldn't even tackle Romo.
Can't see anything but a niners win here.

28-10 Niners.
maybe 14-10 if we're lucky.. But we're still going 1-4

IMG_52144876250667.jpeg

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
It's 5:00 AM Here on the West Coast and I have to wake up to this Pile of shit from 49er Fan's! Fuck-um!!
The Rams are poorly coached. I firmly believe that, and for a guy who really likes Jeff Fisher, I find it painful to acknowledge. This team looked more prepared and innovative two years ago, when we were running fake punts from our own 20 and taking the hated Whiners to OT twice. Now, they spend too much of the game looking like the proverbial deer in the headlights and failing to learn from their mistakes. I knew going in what kind of coach Fisher was. A battler. Someone who would bring attitude to the Rams. A guy whose teams would compete even if undermanned. But I see the Rams regressing three years into his tenure.

All week I joined in a spirited discussion on this board about penalties. And today, many of my points were driven home. Ten more infractions. I challenge anyone on this forum who watched today's game to show me those penalties were unfair or ridiculous. Illegal Contact in the secondary. Blocks in the back on special teams. False starts. While players need to shoulder some responsibility, this is once again a reflection of Jeff Fisher, who apparently must tell his guys "listen, get away with as much as you can all game in the hopes that officials only call us on it 10-12 times". I mean, when is it finally time to stress sound fundamental football and limit mistakes?

Gregg Williams is a joke. Despite his defensive pedigree and past productivity at other places, he looks like a complete fool with what his defense has provided us thus far. Larry Marmie could give us what Gregg Williams has given us 5 weeks into the season.

Schottenheimer isn't the world's worst OC as some would have us believe, but he isn't part of the solution either. Bland. Uninteresting. An inability to incorporate talent or use one's skill set (Austin) to the fullest. We hired a guy who was part of a bad offense in NY and hoped he have an epiphany in St. Louis. Brilliant.
" If this guy's a Ram Fan, I'll go have a Sex Change!!

The Rams are doing some sort of celebration to the "greatest show on turf" during this game so they'll be ready to play. .
You Bet you sweet ass we will! Your going Down!! (* More on this point later!)

49ers favored by only -3.5 WTF something isup.
I made this point on an earlier thread and some scoffed at it! They Know it means something! (and it's down to 3!)

Well according to the stats this is going to be an easy game, BUT, I'm not going to believe it. The play-calling could easily screw it up for the niners.
That's-a-fact-Jack!

I don't see it as an easy game. Teams have a way of getting healthy in sacks on this Niner line. And, the Rams offense is not bad this year.
We will Start to get HEALTHY in the Sack department, maybe even put Krapernik out of the game! 'not bad on offense'? You ain't seen nothin' yet!!............* Now as to our "Celebration of the GSOT" We'll be in our throw-backs (2nd best uni next to 'White':D) And the GSOT will all be their! No way do we let them down, and Lose this one. Not on Monday Night football, and especially Not to the 49ers!! IF I'm Fisher I just tell them REMEMBER these few things; 1) Kenny Norton Punching the Goal-Post on us! 2) THEEE Quote "Same Old Sorry Ass Rams! And 3) Play every Play as if it is the last Play of your Career, and what you'll be remembered for! And Finally 4) EXECUTE!!! GO RAMS! ( ps, SORRY IF THIS IS A LITTLE WORDY,49ERS ALWAYS PISS-ME-OFF!!):mad:

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
The Rams are easily the worst team remaining on our schedule (ok, Washington is not good, but I don’t think they’re as bad as the Lambs).

I can't imagine a bigger insult thrown at the Rams than this! I hope that our coaches don't make it true.

Big Game

Living The Dream
This will be the game that really evaluates Davis as a starting QB. Playing in a Monday Night spotlight against a pretty good defense is not something every QB can overcome.

If he can come out put up good numbers and lead us to a victory then yes he will be known as the Rams "starting QB" and not the backup who has the job lol.

RamzFanz

Damnit
Niners aren't the test. The test will be the Seahawks.

A loss this week would be horrifying. At home, first division game, 1-4, GSOT celebration, Monday Night Football?

272.gif

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
Id have to disagree with someone who calls for a whiner victory. Goose loves the Rams

I'm not calling for it, obviously I want us to win but I doubt we will. I'm past being hopeful of this year. I'm still getting very drunk next Monday