St. Louis Rams: Bringing Back Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
In the end,I couldn't stand Spags or Linehan.Those two clowns were in over their head.Spags and his 4 pillars nonsense kept us from picking up good players.
Like who? Remember, Donnie Avery over Desean Jackson was in 2008, pre Spags.

4 Pillars kept us away from the Wrotens, Byrds and other knuckleheads until we got a little bit better. I'm not sure of any GOOD player it kept us away from. Doesn't sound like nonsense to me.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath

4 Pillars kept us away from the Wrotens, Byrds and other knuckleheads until we got a little bit better. I'm not sure of any GOOD player it kept us away from. Doesn't sound like nonsense to me.
AJ Green,Julio Jones,Mike Pouncey to name a few.Spags was too stupid to pick a WR.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

4 Pillars was a terrible strategy...considering talent didn't seem to be one of the pillars.

None of us know who they passed on. We don't have access to that information.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
AJ Green,Julio Jones,Mike Pouncey to name a few.Spags was too stupid to pick a WR.
Um... Green and Jones were both long gone before the Rams picked, and I'd be pretty mad if the Rams made the deal the Falcons did for Jones.

And they weren't going to pick Pouncey just a couple years after making a big FA signing with Brown and leave Quinn on the board.

AND by 2011, Spags was already phasing out the 4 Pillars thing anyway because it did its job, and the team had a high character core in place.

So, yeah... I don't see the 4 Pillars having anything to do with those names... but if you're bound and determined that Spags was "stupid", we could probably go around on this for days and not make each other budge.

lockdnram21

Legend
If that's what you want then I suggest building the line so you won't lose faith in the next quarterback.
yep first 3 roundsQb,G,C. If Davis improves he can be the stop gap so the rookie doesnt have to be put right in the fire

Pancake

Hall of Fame
Name
Ernie
I don't see Bradford as the answer at QB for the Rams anytime soon. He's looking at over a year rehab and healing time. I think that barring a miracle ending to this year that Fisher is in the hot seat next season and if he doesn't produce a winner he's done. I don't think he dares to bank on a QB coming off back to back ACL injuries who hasn't played in over two years.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Stopped reading the article half way through.

My mind is made up. The Rams desperately need a new QB. I guess they should retain Sam but they need to draft a QB. Maybe they should stick to their own pattern of repetition. Take 3 Oline and 2 QBs. Three QBs if they get some better picks.

One sticking point in all of this is that Schotts play book is huge and takes too long to learn. Any young guy coming in wont be able to pick it up. The Rams need a new OC that can simplify things or teach it better or next year may be another one in the tank.

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
I am sticking to what I have since Bradford went down again.

Re-sign Bradford to a cheap deal if possible, if we can't, let him go and try a change of scenario. Regardless if Bradford is back or not, Rams draft a QB in the first 3 rounds depending on their big board at the time they select.

It will be a competition between the rookie, bradford/Hill and Davis.

Regardless if Davis progresses in the second half of the season the Rams need an infusion of talent at the QB position, even if it just for depth.

No QB selected within the first 3 rounds will be very depressing for me. Guard needs to be another pick in those rounds as well.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
Contract talk aside, if Bradford is given a fair chance to win the starting job next year he will. Doesn't matter if we draft high for the crab burglar or for the spread offense dummy, neither one would beat a healthy Bradford in TC. And no one else that would be available in the draft class or in FA gives us a better chance to win a playoff spot in 2015.

theramsruleUK

Pro Bowler
I'd like to go very aggressive in the draft and trade up for either matiota or Winston. We need to nail our QB for the next 15 years.

If Bradford does stay, him and the new QB can battle it out in camp.
If Bradford wins then he can have the job
When Bradford gets injured again, our new QB is taking over

However, none of this matters if we have our dear old friend mr schotty calling the plays. We could have Peyton manning at QB and schotty would still call a tavon Austin run up the gut

It might help your case if the guy we took "instead" (not that we could have got Green or Jones anyway) wasn't suspended for life by the NCAA and hadn't been disassociated from the college he attended.

…..

Legend
Just make sure you draft a Quarterback too and I'm beginning to fall for this kid from Chandler, AZ.
brett-hundley-ucla-bruins-true-blue.jpg

I'm glad someone else see's this and not just me. The Jamis Winston thread got me to thingking what I would do if he was available when the Rams turn came up. My thought was....Brett Hundly.

I have seen Hundly play and think he has more athletic ability than any other QB in the class. I only say that because he looks so effortless and fluid to me. While most say he is not polished, I believe he is going to be a star in the NFL. What I love is that the common perception is that he is not "polished"....even though this unpolished QB is throwing at a completion rate of 72%. So that stands out to me. With 17 TD's vs 4 INT's....I can only imagine how efficient he can be once he does get polished. It may be my own pet peave, but I also love how tall he stands up in the pocket. Great posture and excellent pocket fundamentals with a text book throwing motion. If the Rams were to go QB on day 1, I would be for Brett Hundly. I look at him as I did another UCLA player that I wanted from last years draft, Anthony Barr. A gifted athelete for sure...he does need to learn to cut down on his sacks. 52 sacks in two years for a mobile QB is not acceptable.

Having said all that....I will admit to having zero insight on Jamis Winston. Only saw him play once...I think it was the game he got suspended for a half or a quarter or whatever it was....so I have no opinion on him. I havent seen Marriotta at all either, except for highlight reels.

…..

Legend
Not a fan. Gotta be able to handle the pass rush in the NFL.

Saw this post after I made mine....

I agree Jrry. Its a bit confusing how his passing decisions are sound yet he does not avoid the rush very well. For starters, he's going to have to learn how to read defenses prior to the snap.

The skies is the limit for Hundley under the right tutor... jmo

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Jones and Green were off the board when we drafted.

The Rams actually drafted Quinn who had some red flags when he came out. In fact that pick was really against the whole 4 pillars thing. And, I think I'd rather have Quinn than those three anyway

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Just what is it that people want Bradford to prove?

That hyper extending your knee on a bad hit because your Oline can't block shouldn't injure the knee? Yeah that never happens to anyone else.

Or that the 14 TDs and 4 Ints in 6+ games with a weak supporting cast is not good enough to win in our division?

Or that 5-2-1 over a year+ in the division isn't good enough?

Just what is it that Bradford needs to prove?

How about the franchise proves they want to protect the guy running the offense that everyone counts on for wins and losses?????

FIX THE OLINE!!!!!
People want Sam to prove he can be healthy for a year or more! We know he can play! It's a bunch of cap money next year for Sam to go out and get injured again! Agree on the o line fix! Just hate for the team to sink the money into Sam and get no return when it could go to players that will be on the field.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
People want Sam to prove he can be healthy for a year or more! We know he can play! It's a bunch of cap money next year for Sam to go out and get injured again! Agree on the o line fix! Just hate for the team to sink the money into Sam and get no return when it could go to players that will be on the field.

Histor of second ACL injuries is not in SAMs favor. Add to it that he has hadother injuries and has Ben shell shocked at times. How skitish will he be in th pocket after two ACLs?

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler
Just what is it that people want Bradford to prove?

That hyper extending your knee on a bad hit because your Oline can't block shouldn't injure the knee? Yeah that never happens to anyone else.

Or that the 14 TDs and 4 Ints in 6+ games with a weak supporting cast is not good enough to win in our division?

Or that 5-2-1 over a year+ in the division isn't good enough?

Just what is it that Bradford needs to prove?

How about the franchise proves they want to protect the guy running the offense that everyone counts on for wins and losses?????

FIX THE OLINE!!!!!

While I agree that the OLine needs upgraded, I'm not sure you can put either ACL injury on them.

First time he's hit running out of bounds. Second time I'd say he was pulled on more than hit, and not all that hard. How was the line supposed to prevent these things?
Do you feel it's realistic to expect an OLine to allow no contact of any kind to a QB, and how would they do that?

I agree that Bradford's numbers were good. It's too bad he hasn't been able to add to them for a year and a half.
What Bradford needs to prove is that he can stay on the field.