St. Louis Rams: Bringing Back Bradford?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Why would you jack with his head by screwing around with his contract as if you are telling him you have no confidence in him?

Easy, I have confidence in his ability as a QB, but lack confidence that his body can stand up to the required rigors of the job. This would be a prove-it contract. If he shows that he can stay healthy, then someone will pay him plenty, but he does have a lot to prove. jmo.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Bradford is going to come back stronger than ever. The one positive that came out of the injury is that it happened in preseason so he will have basically a whole year to rehab and get stronger that's about 2-3 more months than he had last time. Just imagine how much stronger his arm is going to be. I definitely think draft a QB even though I like Davis best case scenario is that we are able to do what the Patriots do trade off their young arms for draft picks. I'm on board with Sam returning

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
And not fixing ours will result in the same problem that he had in college.Sorry,we've been playing Russian roulette with our Offensive Line for too long.We just about fixed everywhere else.It's time to finish it by fixing the line.

Agreed the Rams offensive line is now considered The Big Dig 2,0!

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Fair enough and I totally trust your judgment, however, very bright kid with a great arm and has the legs too. Has looked much better against the rush since he's been running more and not staying in the pocket for better or for worse. Keep in mind this year UCLA's offensive line is not very good.

Right now, I'm just not feeling good about this QB class. But no doubt that UCLA's OL is not good.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Right now, I'm just not feeling good about this QB class. But no doubt that UCLA's OL is not good.

Come on jrry, you have to find us somebody and somebody that is worth more than a nickle from the neck up.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I will say that I absolutely agree the OL has to be fixed... but I do hope we can do so without throwing more 1st round picks at it, especially since we now have our LT of the future.

We supposedly have this great OL coach. He should be able to make a great line without getting all the resources. I'd say the interior of the line remains the main problem.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
No problem, in fact I favor him returning, ... just so long as he either gets extended for less money or is cut and re-signed to a new contract. And I still want one of the top rookie QB's in the next draft. Starting Bradford while developing his eventual replacement suits me just fine, if we get real lucky and Bradford has a healthy & successful 2015, his trade value will soar going into the 2016 draft. If not, his replacement is on-board & ready to go. jmo.
Yep. 100% agreement.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I will say that I absolutely agree the OL has to be fixed... but I do hope we can do so without throwing more 1st round picks at it, especially since we now have our LT of the future.

We supposedly have this great OL coach. He should be able to make a great line without getting all the resources. I'd say the interior of the line remains the main problem.

Sign Barksdale draft a Guard next year and make a decision on Barrett Jones. Is he ready or not? Next season should be the year they should have a great OL from start to finish barring injury and I post the latter with trepidation.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath

He has but you can't coach injuries(Saffold,Wells) and being over the hill(Joseph,Long).We need new talent(G and maybe C).I say we draft both.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
Easy, I have confidence in his ability as a QB, but lack confidence that his body can stand up to the required rigors of the job. This would be a prove-it contract. If he shows that he can stay healthy, then someone will pay him plenty, but he does have a lot to prove. jmo.
2010 & 2012 Bradford looked very durable those years with us using a short passing game to keep the pressure off of the quarterback.Fix the line to give him more time.A lot of people forget that Troy Aikman was injured a lot in his first 3 years and look how that turned out when Dallas's line became dominant.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I'm with Sam until the end. Why not? It's not like there is anyone better.

I'll even let Austin Davis start the first four-six games next year and let sam play in a SUPER DELUXE (Need a bull dozer to his knee) brace that he will wear for six months. He won't even know its there. Then its off to the Super Bowl!

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
He has but you can't coach injuries(Saffold,Wells) and being over the hill(Joseph,Long).We need new talent(G and maybe C).I say we draft both.
I've got no objection to that... I just hope we're not spending too high draft picks on them. Maybe 2nd round guard and 5th round or so center.

I don't really see Long as over the hill... he was just damaged goods when we got him and we probably shouldn't have signed him. About all we got out of it was seeing how good of a guard Saffold was and a good game here or there when he wasn't hurt.

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I'm good with Sam coming back with a prove it contract as it is time for Sam "to prove it"!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
Yup, I've been on board with this from the beginning. The re-injury to Bradford's was unfortunate, but the dude can still whip the ball around. Worst case, keep him next year and see what's what with him and at the same time draft a young QB no later than round 3. If Bradford stays healthy next year I have no doubt that he will lead this team to the playoffs. If not, then we still have Davis or the rookie QB. Davis would then be in his second year under center and should be more than capable of managing the game as our defense should be strong, our o-line (hopefully) should be strong, and our run game will be strong.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Petty is my preferred QB in this draft, the more I watch of him the more I like him. Yeah, he's coming from a spread offense but that's not his fault, and he really makes quick decisions and gets the ball out quick with a nice arm and accuracy. Unfortunately he'll probably be one of the top 3 QBs taken and the Rams will find themselves somewhere from 8-15 and hoping he falls to them.

Mariota, btw, would be fine too, but I think Petty is going to be a quicker study in the passing game at the NFL level. Mariota has all the tools but he drops his eyes more which is going to cause him problems in the NFL where you have to keep your focus downfield.

If I'm Snead... I move up if necessary to get Petty and let him run this offense if he can show an ability to get through a couple reads behind a play action attack. He would significantly upgrade our passing game immediately IMO.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I have no confidence that we'll get Winston. I don't even really want Mariota.

I love drafting stout trench players and playmakers on both sides of the ball. That's what I want us to do, again.

I want Sam to win one with us. He's the biggest Ram on the team and STILL the face of the franchise. I don't even care if he doesn't take a pay cut, there's nobody better.

Will he stay healthy? Probably not. Is he worth the gamble? No! Do I think we win it all if everyone is healthy? YES! That's what I'm banking on, again. Nobody gets us closer to the Lambardi than Sam. I'm done with rebuilding.

We'll see if he's worth an extension next year. Let's draft a beefy guard, center, and a stud LB'er to replace Dunbar. Resign Davis, too. I think we may be able to get a prize guard in FA next year.

cgsuddeath

Rookie
Name
cgsuddeath
I have no confidence that we'll get Winston. I don't even really want Mariota.

I love drafting stout trench players and playmakers on both sides of the ball. That's what I want us to do, again.

I want Sam to win one with us. He's the biggest Ram on the team and STILL the face of the franchise. I don't even care if he doesn't take a pay cut, there's nobody better.

Will he stay healthy? Probably not. Is he worth the gamble? No! Do I think we win it all if everyone is healthy? YES! That's what I'm banking on, again. Nobody gets us closer to the Lambardi than Sam. I'm done with rebuilding.

We'll see if he's worth an extension next year. Let's draft a beefy guard, center, and a stud LB'er to replace Dunbar. Resign Davis, too. I think we may be able to get a prize guard in FA next year.
Great points.Too many blame Sam for loses but last week proves that a TEAM effort wins games.Every player contributed to last weeks win.That's what I want to see.Kind of like the Rams from the 70's.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Great points.Too many blame Sam for loses but last week proves that a TEAM effort wins games.Every player contributed to last weeks win.That's what I want to see.Kind of like Rams from the 70's.

Rookie QB's take a while to develope, too. People want to win now with this team. Bradford is the only win now solution we have.