Sources: Jon Gruden a focal point in L.A. Rams' coaching search

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Jon was on Mike & Mike a few minutes ago saying that he is perfectly happy with his current job and has no plans to leave it.

Gruden may be telling the truth but then again...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/21/im-not-going-to-be-the-alabama-coach-10-years-later/

“I guess I have to say it,” Nick Saban said on December 21, 2006. “I’m not going to be the Alabama coach.”

Ten years to the day later, Saban is still the Alabama coach.

Although there’s a chance he was telling the truth at the time and not simply attempting in clumsy fashion to avoid admitting that he may be leaving South Florida for college football, the statement became, and remains, Exhibit A for the proposition that football coaches often lie for strategic reasons. Which makes it hard to take anything they ever say at face value.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
burst-bubble-animated-gif.gif

lordbannon

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truth, or negotiation tactic? We may never know. Well, unless he turns down interview requests, and we somehow find out.

Edit - or quite obviously, if he ends up coaching again......

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Gruden also said he would listen to offers. Why would you say that, if you had no intention of considering said offer?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gruden also said he would listen to offers. Why would you say that, if you had no intention of considering said offer?
Yeah, best for me to get used to misdirections and rumors... not get too caught up in any of it.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
On one hand good he wasn't my preferred coach. On the other hand it just reminds me of something we're all very familiar with, coach speak.

TexasRam

Legend
What he meant to say:

I would coach again but not for that team. They are cursed.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
lol once again the Media is dead wrong.

Looking back on my career I should have gotten into journalism. It's the only job where you can be wrong 100% of the time and still be employed. Or a weather man...

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Unless he has a burning desire to come back and coach, I don't see him coming back, and I wouldn't want him if he's not at 110%. I want a coach who is going to "go-all-in" with this team.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
So Gruden says that he's not interested in coaching again?

If true, certainly fine by me.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://www.foxnews.com/sports/2016/...g-rumors-that-have-him-on-rams-shortlist.html

"I love football. I've said that a million times and I just want to say I'm very happy doing what I'm doing," Gruden said. "My full attention and focus is on the Cowboys-Lions. I cannot wait for our final Monday night game. There's a lot of chips on the table. But right now, I have no intentions of coaching. I really enjoy what I'm doing and I feel like I'm really close to the fire. I'm getting plenty of satisfaction out of doing what I'm doing."

870.jpg

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Regardless its all speculative right now...The mystery Headless Coachman won't be identified until after this season anyways...So yeah.