Redskins at Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Big game today, especially for so early in the season.
Another moment...that I'd consider...the biggest game in Goff's career...to date.

I'd like to add, the biggest games in Brown's and Havenstein's too...

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Worried about stopping the run today, hopefully, having Donald back will help. Need a quick strike early and the Redskin defense should be vulnerable as not only will McVay want this win, but also Linebacker Coach Joe Barry who was fired as their defensive coordinator, Aubrey Pleasant CB Coach and TE Coach Shane Waldron, who left Washington to follow McVay to Los Angeles.

Stopping the run will be very important! We can't let Kelley and Thompson get going.

I wonder why I thought Aubrey Pleasant came from the Broncos. . .

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm lapping up the sun in Mallorca, and will try and keep updated with the score. Come on boys.....2 & 0 please.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Streams on reddit or free anywhere?
I'm sure there'll be some on Reddit. I'd love for that CBS LA feed to show up here, that was excellent quality. It's annoying that I have a brand new 4K tv and have only seen the last preseason game on it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Gah, these fools just never seem to go away. It seems as though we've played the 'skins like 9 of the last 10 years. Sick of 'em.

Things to watch for from Washington:

A dedicated rushing attack - Rob Kelley only had 10 attempts last week as they tried to keep up the pace on offense. I don't think they'll let that slip away today. Expect a healthy dose of Fat Rob early. (Sorry Mr. Kelley, I'm a fat man myself and mean no offense)

Blitzing aplenty - this team did their best to give chase to Wentz last week and he just slipped from their fingers on several plays. Goff isn't quite as imposing as Wentz under center, so I'd expect them to keep sending the hounds to rattle our young QB.

Stacked boxes - Gruden was very complimentary of Gurley's skill earlier this week. He'd rather see our offense beat them through the air than give Gurley a pass on the ground.
Also watch all the cut blocking they do to try and neutralize our D-line.
They're the worst when it comes to that.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
Wonder how bad the field will look today after last nights OT game. Good thing the Rams finally get an away game for week 3.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Wonder how bad the field will look today after last nights OT game. Good thing the Rams finally get an away game for week 3.

The schedule makers really aren't doing us favors. They were supposed to try to get us playing away when USC is home, and home when they're away.

The Chargers kickoff their home opener the same time as the Rams play, so before people talk about a crowd size, we should probably put it into context, there's a LOT of football going on here now.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
Just need the Cooper Krupp and Goff thingy going, mix in Sammy Watkins with a dash of Tavon here and there, these East Coasters ain't gonna have any idea what hit them

Of course that's assuming they load the box like Indy did...perhaps they try playing 6-7 in the box..."toot, toot" here comes the Gurley Express!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg

There was some slipping going on last week no doubt, let's hope the Rams adjust...Washington? Hahaha, this could actually parlay into a small advantage

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I think Gurley NEEDS to be huge today. I am thinking the Skins know McVay' s scheme well and will be able to disguise a few things that could confuse a young QB like Goff.

That would be one advantage the Skins will have in that while McVay knows Cousins and their scheme, Cousins has been around long enough to maybe deal with that.

So the point is they need to get Gurley going to take pressure off of Goff so he is not forced into a lot of long yardage situations, which is always the goal, but more important this week in my mind.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
The schedule makers really aren't doing us favors. They were supposed to try to get us playing away when USC is home, and home when they're away.

The Chargers kickoff their home opener the same time as the Rams play, so before people talk about a crowd size, we should probably put it into context, there's a LOT of football going on here now.
It sucks that the drama swirling around this team and the move won't die down for another year or so, but it is what it is.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Funny how we've beaten the Redskins in even years (2008, 2010, 2012, 2014)
Hope McVay breaks tradition and beats them regardless.

RamWoodie

Legend
One thing is on my mind today:

CAN GOFF PLAY AT THE LEVEL HE PLAYED LAST SUNDAY??? We know the 'Skins are a better defense...so if Goff can still perform well against this defense (even though it's obvious he's getting better), it validates the kid as legit...and rising even more.

The OLine has to be on their game...and hopefully Goff spent a lot of time in the film room!!!

I believe it's gonna be a rough day for Cousins...:D

Kevin61

UDFA
Name
Kevin
Watching the USC Texas game last night I noticed how chewed up the field got. A 14 hour turnaround is incredibly quick to make the field decent again. Look for a lot of slipping today.