Reasons for WR at 19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It’s more likely that they have a group of players that include all of the positions that you mention and they will see who, or how many drop to 19.
Yes I agree. Probably a very short list of preferences I would think as well. The guys they really want there. And if they're gone then the trade down is more likely.

So what will probably happen is a couple guys I love will be on the board there at 19 and we'll trade down. :laugh3:

MachS

Hall of Fame
This will be the highest pick McVay has ever made, and it's a top-20 pick at that. He's going to have final say and take someone who he feels makes the biggest impact for us.

What do we know for sure will happen before pick 19?

-4 or 5 QBs will go
-4 WRs will go
-2 or 3 OL
-1 CB
-1 TE
-1 Edge

We will have a very select few potential targets at 19. Wouldn't be surprised to see us trade back either.

dang

Legend
This will be the highest pick McVay has ever made, and it's a top-20 pick at that. He's going to have final say and take someone who he feels makes the biggest impact for us.

What do we know for sure will happen before pick 19?

-4 or 5 QBs will go
-4 WRs will go
-2 or 3 OL
-1 CB
-1 TE
-1 Edge

We will have a very select few potential targets at 19. Wouldn't be surprised to see us trade back either.
IMO More than 1 CB and Edge will be selected by R1.18.

MachS

Hall of Fame
IMO More than 1 CB and Edge will be selected by R1.18.
I think so too, just listing what can we be 100% bet your life sure about..Turner will be gone.. I think Verse too but not 100% sure there.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I don't believe a guy who was told to stop playing football is a smart investment. Fans are pissed because Noteboom "is made of glass"? Nobody knew that prior to the draft. How are they gonna feel knowing that Latu was told to quit football for his own good but gets drafted in the first round anyway, then plays a year and a half before he's done? Sometimes, I don't get the "logic". TLew might have been a better investment than this kid is gonna be.
That’s the BIGGEST JOKE ! Reggie will figure that one out,but Terrell Lewis was a JOKE from the beginning.

We’ll see what happens with Van Johnson.There’s a reason he left Mississippi State.
Cam Akers ? We’ll see what happens to him as well?? Is he going to stay with the Vikings.O’connel won a Super Bowl with him,but it was D. Henderson that made a game saving on 3rd & 10 if you ever watch it again.

GLAD Hopkins is GONE as well,but that 2020 Draft was BAD!!

—I’ve been a Draftnik for awhile now.I’ll just say all those players I would have not Drafted the way The Rams did in 2020.Of course I always Trust McSnead & think the way they Run The Draft Especially late is as good as any in The NFL.

I’ll just say Dallas Turner is no Terrell Lewis.There bodies,will,speed & desire are totally different.
Jared Verse is a pure DE,who will play the run well.He has a good motor & a prototypical DE.I’d compare him to B.Young with more power & less speed.

L.Latu is a guy Jimmy Lake will tell Sean Mcvay he was WRONG,but looking out for The Best interest of the Kid!! If there’s any doubt just look at how he played the last 2 seasons & what he meant to Chip Kelly & UCLA. That’s another reference The Rams will use.
Take about a Team First guy. A We not Me Player.

You think The Rams don’t know how good this guy is by not going to The Combines ? Do you think they didn’t WATCH him & know his CHARACTER right away.

What I SAW was a player that puts his foot in the ground & comes off The Edge as WELL as ANY DE I’ve EVER seen at the combine.Ask Caleb what he thinks ?

Anyways I hope you EAT CROW(CRAP) The next 5 years with Latu bringing a Ram!!

Was wrong about Odunze he is like a Metcalf Moss type player.Just go deep & throw it up.
Nabers is going early & the value of the WR vs. a RB has changed.

—I’ll keep it at that that I was Wrong with WR’s,but after the combine & start of 2024 things change.
Right Now Chop Robinson might even be a Ram ? The CB position puts in a good space.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Back to Noteboom vs. say any of those 2020 draft pick & his injuries vs. all of there’s except Hopkins who was a head case in away.I still can’t believe he didn’t have a good 2023 because he looked good.Davies Allen though is going to be a Stud if not already?? Parisian will only help him for the next 3 seasons.

Jordan is already basically counting on Alaric Jackson being back.The Rams cut Brian Allan & made room for another G/C.

Joesph contract is BIG!! I agree something will happen there 1 way or another for sure.The Rams can’t pay him that much.
IMO though Alaric Jackson is GONE! I will call out Jourdan again if Noteboom is The Rams LT again ??
I’d like a restructure & a 2nd rd pick .

PARAM

Hall of Fame
That’s the BIGGEST JOKE ! Reggie will figure that one out,but Terrell Lewis was a JOKE from the beginning.

We’ll see what happens with Van Johnson.There’s a reason he left Mississippi State.
Cam Akers ? We’ll see what happens to him as well?? Is he going to stay with the Vikings.O’connel won a Super Bowl with him,but it was D. Henderson that made a game saving on 3rd & 10 if you ever watch it again.

GLAD Hopkins is GONE as well,but that 2020 Draft was BAD!!

—I’ve been a Draftnik for awhile now.I’ll just say all those players I would have not Drafted the way The Rams did in 2020.Of course I always Trust McSnead & think the way they Run The Draft Especially late is as good as any in The NFL.

I’ll just say Dallas Turner is no Terrell Lewis.There bodies,will,speed & desire are totally different.
Jared Verse is a pure DE,who will play the run well.He has a good motor & a prototypical DE.I’d compare him to B.Young with more power & less speed.

L.Latu is a guy Jimmy Lake will tell Sean Mcvay he was WRONG,but looking out for The Best interest of the Kid!! If there’s any doubt just look at how he played the last 2 seasons & what he meant to Chip Kelly & UCLA. That’s another reference The Rams will use.
Take about a Team First guy. A We not Me Player.

You think The Rams don’t know how good this guy is by not going to The Combines ? Do you think they didn’t WATCH him & know his CHARACTER right away.

What I SAW was a player that puts his foot in the ground & comes off The Edge as WELL as ANY DE I’ve EVER seen at the combine.Ask Caleb what he thinks ?

Anyways I hope you EAT CROW(CRAP) The next 5 years with Latu bringing a Ram!!

Was wrong about Odunze he is like a Metcalf Moss type player.Just go deep & throw it up.
Nabers is going early & the value of the WR vs. a RB has changed.

—I’ll keep it at that that I was Wrong with WR’s,but after the combine & start of 2024 things change.
Right Now Chop Robinson might even be a Ram ? The CB position puts in a good space.
What was Latu's injury. Neck? Those things don't get better, no matter how good Reggie may be. I'm simply saying Latu is a risk....more so than a healthy kid. If the Rams draft him I will root my ass off for the kid. Just saying 'he's a risky pick'.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What was Latu's injury. Neck? Those things don't get better, no matter how good Reggie may be. I'm simply saying Latu is a risk....more so than a healthy kid. If the Rams draft him I will root my ass off for the kid. Just saying 'he's a risky pick'.
Sure enough,but dude is going to have a good career.Playing NFL Football is a RISK.

Fair enough,but The Rams need at least 3 solid seasons from him right Now. I think he can be a high production player right now!!

Latu knows his body & to say Reggie & The Rams can’t or won’t know what they are getting into if they Draft him “”””@@ ? I don’t know ?? Anyone’s guess is a good as the next persons.

I don’t know how you can say neck injury’s don’t or can’t get better though ? It’s like other parts of your body where you strengthen muscles around it.There’s fusion & self body healing itself.

I guess I’m just dumb,but knee surgery when you get older can be a lot worse than if you don’t.Broken ribs & shoulder(cooler) bone ? How do they all heal ? I just say the results are there & your talking about a player that is HEALTHY vs a guy with NO HEART & was coming off an injury in Terrell Lewis ?

Come on Man !! Yes I hear you though.Did you actually see him at the combines(Latu) ? If not I’ll rest my case at what he looked like without the medical. Like I said Reggie will know because he is The Leader in The Field of NFL trainers.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

WestCoastRam

Legend
Absolutely not. I'm frustrated by Marvin Harrison Jr. He teased that he'd work out at the Combine instead of the bowl game against Mizzou. Then it was the Pro Day. And now...nothing. It's honestly frustrating for scouts, and it lends credence to him being a diva personality.
I mean, the guy has no reason to work out. Why get injured. I think it's a none issue that people are getting clicks from. Didn't some teams btw tell him to not bother working out for the injury reason?

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Absolutely not. I'm frustrated by Marvin Harrison Jr. He teased that he'd work out at the Combine instead of the bowl game against Mizzou. Then it was the Pro Day. And now...nothing. It's honestly frustrating for scouts, and it lends credence to him being a diva personality.
I thought that too at first but then I read that he was willing to work out for any team that wanted him to and everybody said they’ve seen everything they needed to already apparently.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
I mean, the guy has no reason to work out. Why get injured. I think it's a none issue that people are getting clicks from. Didn't some teams btw tell him to not bother working out for the injury reason?

Malik Nabers worked out. Rome Odunze poured his heart into his workout, trying to better his score. You think that Marvin Harrison Jr. would fit in the locker room?

Also, I've changed my mind on the receiver class: this is the deepest fucking class I've seen in years, and there's really no need to select a wide receiver at #19 or even in the first three rounds, unless someone crazy falls into your lap. Guys like Tahj Washington, Ainias Smith, Luke McCaffery, Jordan Whittington, Joshua Cephus, Zakhari Franklin, Ryan Flournoy, Jalen Coker, Bub Means, Cornelius Johnson, Isaiah Williams, etc., etc., and so forth will likely be available in the fifth round and later.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Malik Nabers worked out. Rome Odunze poured his heart into his workout, trying to better his score. You think that Marvin Harrison Jr. would fit in the locker room?

Also, I've changed my mind on the receiver class: this is the deepest fucking class I've seen in years, and there's really no need to select a wide receiver at #19 or even in the first three rounds, unless someone crazy falls into your lap. Guys like Tahj Washington, Ainias Smith, Luke McCaffery, Jordan Whittington, Joshua Cephus, Zakhari Franklin, Ryan Flournoy, Jalen Coker, Bub Means, Cornelius Johnson, Isaiah Williams, etc., etc., and so forth will likely be available in the fifth round and later.
Yeah, I think he's fine. I guess if anyone was worried they could ask about him at Ohio St. Feels like there might be info to be gleaned from a place he's played the last 3 years. Probably 1st pick in the draft if not for Caleb and QB inflation.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No and I have no grudge with Harrison but there will be very good WRs to draft at 19