Reasons for WR at 19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Absolutely not. I'm frustrated by Marvin Harrison Jr. He teased that he'd work out at the Combine instead of the bowl game against Mizzou. Then it was the Pro Day. And now...nothing. It's honestly frustrating for scouts, and it lends credence to him being a diva personality.
He’s still going to be the first receiver picked.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I mentioned this some months back. That when you look at Harrison on tape his game is not speed. I don't know what he would run. But he isn't in the class of some of the wideouts at the top of the order this year in terms of his speed.

His game is big target who can go across the middle with some security. He's like an elite TE so it's not like he doesn't have value but it's why Nabers was my WR1 the moment I started watching these guys in earnest.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
I mentioned this some months back. That when you look at Harrison on tape his game is not speed. I don't know what he would run. But he isn't in the class of some of the wideouts at the top of the order this year in terms of his speed.

His game is big target who can go across the middle with some security. He's like an elite TE so it's not like he doesn't have value but it's why Nabers was my WR1 the moment I started watching these guys in earnest.
Benches 380 and does 225 for 20 reps. Squats 500 too. Pretty impressive numbers for his frame.

LA_vision

Hall of Fame
There's no reason for him to workout for the entire world. If a team is interested in drafting him, I'm sure he'll do a private workout with them.

I absolutely would be ok with trading up to get him.
Bro, the consensus #1 overall pick worked out today, so can he. I’m getting major red flags with this guys attitude during this process.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Bro, the consensus #1 overall pick worked out today, so can he. I’m getting major red flags with this guys attitude during this process.
Different agents are going to advise different things. A new trend seems to be to advise top draft picks to not work out at the Combine. This is just carrying the same concept a bit further. Is it really necessary for the entire world to know his numbers?

I wouldn't hold just this one thing against him. Now if there were other red flags or other known demonstrations of attitude issues then I can see him dropping lower in the draft. As is, I doubt he's gonna fall.

WestCoastRam

Legend
We have his GPS speed (he got to 22MPH in one game) so it's not the end of the world but Charles Robinson mentioned on his pod today that it's a little sus... at the bare minimum do a pro day or the combine workout, don't even bother doing everything but give teams some analytic stuff to work with, 3-cone, vertical, etc...

If Nabers was even close to beating him out for WR 1, he would have worked out. It's cause he's not that he didn't.

At the end of the day, he's still WR 1. None of this changes anything. Nabers btw, is a very good WR 2 in this draft.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I mean he's being advised by a Hall of Fame WR so maybe consider that when you wonder about whether he should or shouldn't work out at the combine or the Ohio St pro day. Daddy probably knows a hell of a lot more than all of us. Just my 2 cents.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I mean he's being advised by a Hall of Fame WR so maybe consider that when you wonder about whether he should or shouldn't work out at the combine or the Ohio St pro day. Daddy probably knows a hell of a lot more than all of us. Just my 2 cents.
We don't know what he really runs so yeah Daddy does know more than us.

It's probably not a bad gamble because his film is good and he's got great size which you can't teach. But not running will have some teams wondering how bad his practice 40s have been for him to do this. And if you were to say well he's a supersized possession receiver at this level that's cool and all but you can get possession wideouts well into every draft.

I think he's clearly a first round talent. But maybe not a top 5 or 10 talent. Might not stop some team from taking him early, but it could also cause him a slide, though to me sliding to the 20s is a fucking godsend for a guy like him. Imagine him in Green Bay.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We don't know what he really runs so yeah Daddy does know more than us.

It's probably not a bad gamble because his film is good and he's got great size which you can't teach. But not running will have some teams wondering how bad his practice 40s have been for him to do this. And if you were to say well he's a supersized possession receiver at this level that's cool and all but you can get possession wideouts well into every draft.

I think he's clearly a first round talent. But maybe not a top 5 or 10 talent. Might not stop some team from taking him early, but it could also cause him a slide, though to me sliding to the 20s is a fucking godsend for a guy like him. Imagine him in Green Bay.
The good teams will know how fast he is on the field, and we know this too, which is what matters. How fast he runs in the underwear oly.pics means jack and shit. I swear the name given for this time of year in the NFL is perfect. Sully season indeed, people will find any reason to not like a draft prospect. The fact that people think less of somebody for this or the shit flung at Caleb or some of the others is comical. just ignore what they do on the field completely and worry about the little stuff like this that means nothing.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Dane Brugler says that some teams favor Nabors.

Harrison Jr. now blowing off Pro Day won't help his cause.
I’ve heard that too, but I do not believe it, just like I don’t believe Jaden Daniels has moved to the second best QB on many teams boards.

We hear this sort of stuff every year and it’s rarely true. Besides, Harrison is better than Nabors and no GM will risk passing on Harrison .

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I know the Rams were seen talking to Odunze but likely realize that a trade up to pick him is not realistic. I imagine it’s possible that they were talking to Odunze to learn more about Jalen Polk.

WestCoastRam

Legend
We have his GPS from Ohio St games, we don't need his forty.

Now I think one can quibble over 3-cone, speed in the gauntlet, vertical, etc... where you can use those analytics to measure him against past and future receivers and possibly set goals and metrics for him going forward while in your program (there are other ways to do this including testing when he's with you) and there's some marginal value to a team to have these metrics if they want to trade a player or for other teams to have them when considering signing guys in FA or trading for them.

But it's all incredibly marginal with his elite talent.

That being said... while he's clearly the best WR in the class, I can see where some teams feel like Nabers would be more of a scheme fit. But because Harrison is so good, you bend your scheme or even scrap it to fit him.

WestCoastRam

Legend
I know the Rams were seen talking to Odunze but likely realize that a trade up to pick him is not realistic. I imagine it’s possible that they were talking to Odunze to learn more about Jalen Polk.
Polk intrigues for sure. He's like a diet coke version of Odunze.

DzRams

Rookie
Name
Desmal M
Never say this with McSnead. They are super aggressive and if they want something they make it happen realism be damned.

Talking to Odunze may mean little by itself but couple that with the rumor that they were going to heavily pursue Mike Evans in free agency and we may have serious signs that they want a top X WR.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Never say this with McSnead. They are super aggressive and if they want something they make it happen realism be damned.

Talking to Odunze may mean little by itself but couple that with the rumor that they were going to heavily pursue Mike Evans in free agency and we may have serious signs that they want a top X WR.
A true X is what this team is missing on offense.

We also need to begin planning for life after Kupp. Pearsall - who we met with - is like diet coke Kupp.