Reasons for WR at 19

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
  1. The depth at WR in this year's draft is astronomical. At 19 a game changing WR1 will be available.
  2. High probability Kupp never returns to old form. Puka was clear #1 last year even with Kupp back. If Puka goes down we're toast.
  3. Maintaining a high level offense should be priority over defense. Both super bowl years our offense was among the best in the league.
  4. Gives McVay a new toy and keeps him engaged, excited, and a potential top offense of the league.
  5. Plenty of Edge & CBs available in rounds 2-3 or FA
I hope you're wrong about Kupp, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. He's finally gotten rest and healed up. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but he's sorta has Seabiscuit potential, not to mention character.

muggmeister

Rookie
We absolutely NEED an edge at 19, or maybe even have room trade one of our 3rds to move up to get 1 of the top 3 (Verse, Turner, Latu) and would rather not have to settle with Chop Robinson. I want production, not potential.

MachS

Hall of Fame
We absolutely NEED an edge at 19, or maybe even have room trade one of our 3rds to move up to get 1 of the top 3 (Verse, Turner, Latu) and would rather not have to settle with Chop Robinson. I want production, not potential.
Not signing an edge in FA has all but forced our hand. Now everyone knows what we'll be targeting which sucks ass.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I hope you're wrong about Kupp, I wouldn't bet the farm on it. He's finally gotten rest and healed up. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but he's sorta has Seabiscuit potential, not to mention character.
Hope I'm wrong too.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Not signing an edge in FA has all but forced our hand. Now everyone knows what we'll be targeting which sucks ass.
I don’t buy that for a second. We have four Top 100 picks. We don’t have to focus on any position at #19. If we see a WR, CB or some other position as the best value/top prospect, I don’t think we’ll reach for an EDGE.

MachS

Hall of Fame
I don’t buy that for a second. We have four Top 100 picks. We don’t have to focus on any position at #19. If we see a WR, CB or some other position as the best value/top prospect, I don’t think we’ll reach for an EDGE.
I personally still want WR at 19. But one of the top 3 edge guys will be there. Just have a hard time believing we go two offseasons with almost zero investment into edge.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I personally still want WR at 19. But one of the top 3 edge guys will be there. Just have a hard time believing we go two offseasons with almost zero investment into edge.
Other than our 2nd and 5th picks in last years draft that is?

MachS

Hall of Fame
Other than our 2nd and 5th picks in last years draft that is?
Using a mid round pick hoping a rookie fills one of two holes at edge isn't much of an investment. We've struck out on all FA edge options the last two years.

TexasRam

Legend
I wonder if this is the year Snead moved up in the draft.

The WR depth may work in our Favor.

A team might need a WR over an edge or LT.

Maybe we move up and nab that top edge or LT.

Londoner

Twitchy newcomer
The only ones worth moving up for are Turner (edge) and Alt/Fashanu (LT).

I would say we’d have to move as high as five or six to be sure of our guy, so we would have to give up next year’s first as well as our second this year.

Not sure we can afford to do that, given that we are soon going to need to replace AD/Kupp/Stafford.

I’d stay at 19 and see who falls to us. If all the top guys are gone and we feel the value isn’t there, trade down.

jjab360

Legend
I like Mitchell a lot. I just wonder if he's got the right personality to fit with McVay. Ever notice how the Rams don't pick many showboat types? Mitchell sure does like to play to the crowd.
Maybe but you're talking about the same HC that was able to have a successful working relationship with personalities like OBJ and Mayfield.

Admittedly the team didn't have nearly as much invested in either of those guys like they would with a first round pick but I don't think McVay minds the showboating as long as they're a positive influence in the locker room.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I wonder if this is the year Snead moved up in the draft.

The WR depth may work in our Favor.

A team might need a WR over an edge or LT.

I could see that. They need both badly so go up to a certain point or higher and one is guaranteed.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I like Mitchell a lot. I just wonder if he's got the right personality to fit with McVay. Ever notice how the Rams don't pick many showboat types? Mitchell sure does like to play to the crowd.
I guess that’s what happens when you name your child “God” (that’s what his name means in Hebrew).

TexasRam

Legend
The only ones worth moving up for are Turner (edge) and Alt/Fashanu (LT).

I would say we’d have to move as high as five or six to be sure of our guy, so we would have to give up next year’s first as well as our second this year.

Not sure we can afford to do that, given that we are soon going to need to replace AD/Kupp/Stafford.

I’d stay at 19 and see who falls to us. If all the top guys are gone and we feel the value isn’t there, trade down.
I am seeing updated mocks with Verse and Fashanu in the 12-15 range.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I’ll say from all the Mocks that I was way wrong about no WR besides Harrison. IMO that has always been what I’d hope for
The Rams to draft a good Defensive player. Latu is the guy
who fits.

PARAM

Hall of Fame
I’ll say from all the Mocks that I was way wrong about no WR besides Harrison. IMO that has always been what I’d hope for
The Rams to draft a good Defensive player. Latu is the guy
who fits.
I don't believe a guy who was told to stop playing football is a smart investment. Fans are pissed because Noteboom "is made of glass"? Nobody knew that prior to the draft. How are they gonna feel knowing that Latu was told to quit football for his own good but gets drafted in the first round anyway, then plays a year and a half before he's done? Sometimes, I don't get the "logic". TLew might have been a better investment than this kid is gonna be.