Rapoport: Indications Are Fisher/Snead Safe For 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc
Going into a lame duck season... That always ends well, (blue font). I still think they will extend him! Free agency is going to be ugly this year. With so many balls in the air, what premium player would want to come here?

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
The head coach shouldn't have some control in the offense??? That's just silly. It's the same with every team, it's their party and the rest of the staff is responsible to him.

I would be glad to see them extend fisher so that if they have a chance to improve they will. He has done it on both side of the ball in his staff since he's been here and there is no reason to think he wouldn't if he had the opportunity to do it again. Thinking the Fisher can just go pick which coaches he wants and they will just come to StL is the same as saying he picked his players. This isn't FF or Madden, they don't get to just go out and pick whoever they want.

Give him another 4 years and get this move or not settled. The RAMS are coming.

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We will rally around Jeff Fisher and we will play good football.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He doesn't *need* to do anything other than set the team philosophy and coach the players.
I don't wanna get into an argument about it or anything, but all this fans telling him what he needs to do stuff is a little comical to me.
You're not changing anything. I'm not changing anything. And he's had success doing what he does. Everything else will work itself out.

Nothing we say on this board means anything. I guess we should all just stop posting.

He needs to know his limitations. He should have nothing to do with the offensive philosophy. Hire an intelligent OC and let him do his job. Don't try to make it a Jeff Fisher offense or team.

And no, he hasn't had success doing what he does in over half a decade. He's had zero success here. Everything else has not worked itself out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The head coach shouldn't have some control in the offense??? That's just silly. It's the same with every team, it's their party and the rest of the staff is responsible to him.

Why should he? What expertise does he have on offense? He's not an offensive coach. Should Paul Boudreau have any control of the DL? Fisher needs to let his OC run the offense.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Nothing we say on this board means anything. I guess we should all just stop posting.

He needs to know his limitations. He should have nothing to do with the offensive philosophy. Hire an intelligent OC and let him do his job. Don't try to make it a Jeff Fisher offense or team.

And no, he hasn't had success doing what he does in over half a decade. He's had zero success here. Everything else has not worked itself out.
Oooh, sassy. :love:

He doesn't need to know his limitations. He knows them already. What he needs is a competent Coordinator and a few better players. Namely a QB.

Yes, he has had success while with the Titans. It's the same philosophy and basically the same coaches. Difference being, he had a good QB a few times.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oooh, sassy. :love:

He doesn't need to know his limitations. He knows them already. What he needs is a competent Coordinator and a few better players. Namely a QB.

Yes, he has had success while with the Titans. It's the same philosophy and basically the same coaches. Difference being, he had a good QB a few times.

He also got fired by the Titans and hasn't had a winning season since 2008. Yes, he does need a better OC and a much better QB.

But why would a good OC want to work with Fisher if he can't run his system? There aren't many qualified OCs that want to run a ground and pound offense. And those that do still don't want the HC meddling.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He also got fired by the Titans and hasn't had a winning season since 2008. Yes, he does need a better OC and a much better QB.

But why would a good OC want to work with Fisher if he can't run his system? There aren't many qualified OCs that want to run a ground and pound offense. And those that do still don't want the HC meddling.
Ardunno. I guess we'll find out.
Plenty of offensive coordinators coming up from the minors who wouldn't mind making a name for themselves.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau

I think they do listen, and read us. Please keep posting.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I don't think they do. But it won't stop me from expressing my opinion.
I hope you don't think I was trying to silence you or dictate the way you post.
I was just expressing my pet peeve about fans demanding things happen their way or Fisher's an idiot.
You probably weren't doing that. It's just been a common theme lately, so sorry if I lumped you in.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@jrry32 - See the way the offense is clicking a little now? That's Fisher ball.
When things are executed properly and the defense keeps the other team out of the endzone, it's not a bad philosophy.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
@jrry32 - See the way the offense is clicking a little now? That's Fisher ball.
When things are executed properly and the defense keeps the other team out of the endzone, it's not a bad philosophy.

I'm not saying it is a bad philosophy. I'm saying that Fisher shouldn't be making that call when he's not an offensive-minded HC.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I'm not saying it is a bad philosophy. I'm saying that Fisher shouldn't be making that call when he's not an offensive-minded HC.
Why not? It's working fine tonight. Just a matter of execution and having good QB play.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why not? It's working fine tonight. Just a matter of execution and having good QB play.

Because we're 5-8. Our offense is one of the worst in the NFL. Having a good game against bottom 10 pass defense shouldn't fool anyone.

I don't want an offense that works every once in a blue moon.

I want a quality OC. And quality OCs want to run their system their way. Not run Jeff Fisher's system their way or run their system Jeff Fisher's way.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Because we're 5-8. Our offense is one of the worst in the NFL. Having a good game against bottom 10 pass defense shouldn't fool anyone.

I don't want an offense that works every once in a blue moon.

I want a quality OC. And quality OCs want to run their system their way. Not run Jeff Fisher's system their way or run their system Jeff Fisher's way.
K.

But I thought we both agreed that the QB play this season has been atrocious starting during the GB game.
Who knows where this team would be if QB play was on point all season?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
K.

But I thought we both agreed that the QB play this season has been atrocious starting during the GB game.
Who knows where this team would be if QB play was on point all season?

Okay...but that's only part of the problem. Bringing in a talented QB will be a great start...but we still need an OC. And frankly, I'm not content with good enough. I want to watch a great team. That means a quality OC.

Jeff Fisher does not know offense. He has no business dictating what the offense does. If the Rams want to be great, he needs to take a step back, hire a quality OC, and let him do his job.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Jeff Fisher does not know offense. He has no business dictating what the offense does. If the Rams want to be great, he needs to take a step back, hire a quality OC, and let him do his job.
We're full circle now. How do we know that he's dictating what the offense does?
I do agree that we need a good OC. Boras, so far, looks like he can call a good game, but I guess you want someone with more Coryell type leanings?