Rapoport: Indications Are Fisher/Snead Safe For 2016

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

iced

images

iced

lmao..one of the comments on PFT

I love it; Kronke hates St. Louis so much he is Major Leaguing it to get out of there.

He hired Fisher to stink up the joint and keeping him on to get the fans to revolt. All Kronke has left to do is bring in Rick Vaughn from the California Penal League.

fancents86

Starter
I expected this. Stan doesn't give a shyt who is the coach right now, all his plans are on moving. Rebuilding while moving would turn a lot of potential coaches off and create more work for Stan.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Let's assume Boras is not the answer going forward. I would be very disappointed if there wasn't an OC change.

Let's hear your favorites for an OC upgrade...??
Also, which of the available OC would actually come here? It's not like everyone was beating down our door last year during our search.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let's assume Boras is not the answer going forward. I would be very disappointed if there wasn't an OC change.

Let's hear your favorites for an OC upgrade...??

But that's not going to happen because if the Rams win the next two out of three games against the Bucs tonight and the 49ers not givens, but winnable the Rams will finish 7-9 and Fisher will come out and say, he should have followed his gut and went with Boras in the first place.

I have no doubt the Rams will focus on the QB position, but I'm sure they have anyone in the building that can distinguish the Kurt Warner's from the Scott Covington's.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Also, which of the available OC would actually come here? It's not like everyone was beating down our door last year during our search.

It won help with only one year left on Fisher's deal, but other coaches have seized upon the opportunity to be an OC, however, not sure the likes of Ken Whisenhunt or even a Mike McCoy would sign on although they usually would give a new assistant at the very minimum a two year deal.

But again I really believe Boras will so just enough for Fisher to want to keep him on and give him a full off season to implement his system.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
It won help with only one year left on Fisher's deal, but other coaches have seized upon the opportunity to be an OC, however, not sure the likes of Ken Whisenhunt or even a Mike McCoy would sign on although they usually would give a new assistant at the very minimum a two year deal.

But again I really believe Boras will so just enough for Fisher to want to keep him on and give him a full off season to implement his system.
Would love to have Boras pan out, the less change the better, but I guess I'll believe it when I see it at this point. With our QB situation it's going to be real hard to lure a big name, we will have to an unproven guy make a name for himself here.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
With our QB situation it's going to be real hard to lure a big name, we will have to an unproven guy make a name for himself here.

A QB would definitely be a recruiting tool. But, having Gurley is not just a ham sandwich.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
stay the course.

Since success is not guaranteed by replacing anyone, stay the course and get our crap right.

Kind of where my head is at.

I'm not sold on the playbook, so whatever change we make I hope it's there.

Athos

Legend
:sick::sick::sick::sick::sick::sick:

Look forward I do to another year of mediocrity and a 1st round defender.

Athos

Legend

Exactly. Who actually WANTS to work with Fisher knowing the strangle hold he has on offense. Prolly no one.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly. Who actually WANTS to work with Fisher knowing the strangle hold he has on offense. Prolly no one.

I'm hoping if Pettine is fired, we can grab John DeFilippo from the Browns.

But yea, I'm not pleased. Going to wait and see what the plans are for the OC and QB. But I'm really not happy if this is true.

PowayRamFan

Hall of Fame
Think he would have to explain,in the interview process, how he'd be willing to change his amount of control.k

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
How do we know how much control Fisher has of the offense? It just seems like the fashionable thing to say these days, but does anyone really know? Because during the Lions game the announcers made a point to say that Fisher doesn't meddle during the play-calls, but sometimes might give his input inbetween series. Just because he set the philosophy doesn't mean he's constantly in the coordinator's ear.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How do we know how much control Fisher has of the offense? It just seems like the fashionable thing to say these days, but does anyone really know? Because during the Lions game the announcers made a point to say that Fisher doesn't meddle during the play-calls, but sometimes might give his input inbetween series. Just because he set the philosophy doesn't mean he's constantly in the coordinator's ear.

If he's setting the philosophy, he has more control than he should.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If he's setting the philosophy, he has more control than he should.
The team philosophy. Which is ground and pound.
I don't think we'll know how much control he has unless or until he hires a coordinator who favors the vertical.

Rainram

Starter
Think he would have to explain,in the interview process, how he'd be willing to change his amount of control.k
There's gotta be some truth to this.

And I don't know why everyone thinks it's such a bad gig.

Gurley - Top 3 RB in the game!
Austin - Playmaker that can be used many different ways
OLine - 3/5th is in place and should be solid next year (GRob, Brown, Havenstein)

And they will have probably 2 picks to add in the top 50, if not 3 (probably just 2).

So they have some solid pieces to build around. Will have some serious say-so in some of the personnel and decisions.

Oh...and he won't have to put up 30 points a game...20-23 will cut it...so we don't need the second coming of the GSOT. Just give me Seahawk efficiency circa 2013.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The team philosophy. Which is ground and pound.
I don't think we'll know how much control he has unless or until he hires a coordinator who favors the vertical.

Like I said, Fisher should not have anything to do with the offensive philosophy. Ground and pound would be the offensive philosophy. He's not an offensive-minded HC. He needs to know his limitations.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Like I said, Fisher should not have anything to do with the offensive philosophy. Ground and pound would be the offensive philosophy. He's not an offensive-minded HC. He needs to know his limitations.
He doesn't *need* to do anything other than set the team philosophy and coach the players.
I don't wanna get into an argument about it or anything, but all this fans telling him what he needs to do stuff is a little comical to me.
You're not changing anything. I'm not changing anything. And he's had success doing what he does. Everything else will work itself out.