Rams Re-Sign LB Troy Reeder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Kupp AMD Threadripper

Reeder Intel 80286

Haha, this is the exact post I wanted to make but had no idea about the names of the newest and oldest systems.

It's funny, when I'm looking to buy a computer I become an expert on all the different components inside them. As soon as I make the purchase my brain forgets every single thing it had learnt the week before.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
processing speed

kupp core i9
reeder core i1

Kupp = Terminator

95f1e1ec-0c92-49bb-bcf6-2895cc5ef2e1_text.gif

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
His 3rd down results are just horrible from what I have seen. (Especially against the 49ers).
He does not play on 3rd downs. Since coming back he only plays when Rams are in base defense and only in base defenses when the want to be bigger ... him as MIKE and Jones as the Jack -- when opposing offenses are in heavier personnel.

Only 3rd downs he'd be in on are short yardage or perhaps if other team is in 21 personnel - would have to check. But if yo are jus staying he's not good at coverage, then that's fair but unless you go back to 2021 you are not going to see him on 3rd downs on the field and that year ... there were injuries and trades at the ILber positon.

Last edited:

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
When the Troy Reeder re-signing thread is 4 pages deep, it's clear we are way overdue for the draft to start.

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
When the Troy Reeder re-signing thread is 4 pages deep, it's clear we are way overdue for the draft to start.
He may not even make the team - maybe he will, I don't know. In mean time, he's insurance -- for depth

Tano

Legend
I happened to not be logged in and saw Jim's comments.

I am referring to when he was playing on 3rd down in 2021 not last year.

WestCoastRam

Legend
He may not even make the team - maybe he will, I don't know. In mean time, he's insurance -- for depth
Yeah, signed so Rams don't have to force a pick at LB in the draft. One can argue we need depth (Reeder or draft pick) and/or we need a starter (if we think we'll run more 5-2 or are thinking of life after Jones).

It's a horrible year for LB in the draft (and generally, it's been getting worse year over year). Reeder was signed after Rams started to finalize their grades. I would bet that a prior knowledge of a bad linebacker draft was confirmed with their work being finalized so they picked up Reeder for the depth that they don't necessarily think they'll find in the draft.

Lots of talk about what McSnead do as drafters but I think they're far more flexible than just, this is the kind of guy they look for and this is the kind of guy they'll always draft. What I imagine is a little more determinative of what the Rams do is under Snead is that they have at times drafted in bunches, taking multiple swings at one position of need.

OLB last year. Corner the year before. Oline around 2017 or 18 forget what year it was.

I think there's a decent chance they take multiple swings at Dline depth (separating OLB and Dline here). I think they probably try to get an OLB high and then use 1-3 picks on DT/DE. There's no magic OLB answer in this draft, even the best guys are okay. I see them grabbing a good OLB and then trying to fill out the Dline with role players (probably 2 guys with pass rush potential and one run plugger).

Any semblance of a pass rush next year will have to come from a rotating Dline where we can throw waves of guys at teams.

umm... so yeah, Reeder, depth... yeah