Rams Re-Sign LB Troy Reeder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
OK. Fair enough.

But why did everyone’s boy genius grab him for the renters.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Sorry I’ve paid attention to Reeder since he started with the Rams. Agree he gives 110% and by all accounts is a good teammate but the game is far too fast and the players far too athletic for him.
I wouldn’t say that & The Rams obviously don’t feel the same.

I’m thinking The Rams are putting these type of players that lead. Wonder how Greg Wilson brings this group together.Still thinking The Rams need a sideline to sideline LBer though ?

Ellard80

Legend
Reeder may not be good - but the narrative that he is a bad athlete is just BS.

Homie gets racially profiled like no other.

Here is a bit from vikings website about him from last year.

If we brought things down to athletic ability, Troy Reeder would be among the foremost linebackers in the NFL.

Per Kent Lee Platte’s RAS Score, Reeder is a better athlete than virtually every other linebacker in the game, coming in with a sizzling 9.32 score. The 6’3″, 245-pound linebacker is still only 28. He shouldn’t have too much wear & tear on his body since he has played sparingly across 4 NFL seasons.

TexasRam

Legend

View: https://giphy.com/gifs/laughing-laugh-gE6IUBRWZd744

JimY53

Pro Bowler
Name
JY53
Reeder is signed for depth, for special teams, experience and is not guaranteed a roster spot anyway.

If he gets beat out -- then the younger guys play.

Last year he only played MIKE in base defense allowing Jones to play the Jack (Weak ILB) position ... if they have someone who can play that, then Jones plays MIKE and another guy plays Jack, Rose or rookie or whoever

Also, Rams are in base very little .. maybe 25-25% of the time .. And when they think it's a running team -- they are in 21 personnel or even some 12 ... then Reeder played MIKE and Jones the Jack

If not, then it was Jones the MIKE and Rose the Jack.

Reeder may not even make the team ... it's a good signing and if he gets beat out, so be it.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm going to assume that this means they were only going to target ILB late in the draft and wanted to sign Reeder in case other guys fall and they don't get to it

PARAM

Hall of Fame
He's not exactly Chris Carter but all he does is make plays at crucial times.

Tano

Legend
He's not exactly Chris Carter but all he does is make plays at crucial times.
And then gives up a first down at crucial times.

However, if he only played on first down - I would probably be okay with this signing.

His 3rd down results are just horrible from what I have seen. (Especially against the 49ers).

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
When last season ended, I remember feeling so grateful for the heart and effort shown by our guys that I would welcome back every one of the unheralded and underrated football players who suited up and really contributed to the LA RAMS '23 season....

WELCOME BACK TROY REEDER!!!! Keep doing your thing and have your best season yet big fella!!

GO RAMS!!!

PARAM

Hall of Fame
His 3rd down results are just horrible from what I have seen. (Especially against the 49ers).
Well that settles it!

He's depth, experience and probably a little leadership. Won't start. Might not even make the 53. I'd be only slightly less ambivalent about a LS signing.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
I will say this about Reeder; he is a try hard guy who has dedicated his life to being an NFL player who just is not good enough, to be even an adequate NFL player, in my opinion. I do however respect the work and effort he has put in to make it in the NFL for these past few years. At least he got to live his dream for this period of time, and I wish him well. I just don't believe he will make the final 53 man roster with the Rams and he is more or less an insurance policy.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
OK. Fair enough.

But why did everyone’s boy genius grab him for the renters.
He knows the defense. He’s a smart player.
Reeder may not be good - but the narrative that he is a bad athlete is just BS.

Homie gets racially profiled like no other.

Here is a bit from vikings website about him from last year.

If we brought things down to athletic ability, Troy Reeder would be among the foremost linebackers in the NFL.

Per Kent Lee Platte’s RAS Score, Reeder is a better athlete than virtually every other linebacker in the game, coming in with a sizzling 9.32 score. The 6’3″, 245-pound linebacker is still only 28. He shouldn’t have too much wear & tear on his body since he has played sparingly across 4 NFL seasons.
His main drawback was always lateral movement.

majrleaged

Hall of Fame
I guess I just want a better LB room on this team. The Rams give the same priority to the LB position that they used to give back up QB.