Rams Re-Sign LB Troy Reeder

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ellard80

Legend
He knows the defense. He’s a smart player.

His main drawback was always lateral movement.
Ernest jones combine stuffs

1712933642695.png

Reeder combine stuffs

1712933710753.png

Reeder is a JAG for sure but it's for some reason we would have to study film to know.

He is actually a good athlete for a linebacker.

Because he is a JAG and a white dude - people just assume he isn't athletic - "a try hard guy"

But it's just a lazy take

Yeah he isn't great - but the reason isn't his athletic ability.

Last edited:

dang

Legend
He had a better time in the 3 cone drill than Ernest Jones - lateral movement may be a thing, but I can't say I know that for sure.

Reeder is a JAG for sure but it's for some reason we would have to study film to know.

Because he is a JAG and a white dude - people just assume he isn't athletic - "a try hard guy"

There are intangible measurements like twitch, instinct, and heart. He has heart and it sounds like he has tangible measurements but…results speak for themselves IMO.

Ellard80

Legend
There are intangible measurements like twitch, instinct, and heart. He has heart and it sounds like he has tangible measurements but…results speak for themselves IMO.
right - He is a JAG for some reason.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Ernest jones combine stuffs

View attachment 65169

Reeder combine stuffs

View attachment 65170

I know what I saw. Some guys test really well. But when it comes to using it in a game, the synapse just isn’t there. Hes stiff laterally.

Last edited:

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
A solid depth guy and good special teams player.
Teams need depth guys as well.
Shula knows him,he always comes in plays(practices) hard.Called him blue eyes.Seeing practice at SOFI for first time was special.He beat out that LBer Snead draft & got hurt a lot?

What Rams Fans don’t give him credit for is when he was The Starting MLB with The #1 Defense in The NFL. Then even after that he was starting ahead of Ernest Jones (first part)& in The Playoffs he held up until Ernest Jones came back in The Super Bowl .If memory has it he was a green dot guy ? Well until Weddle took over in the Super Bowl ???

Some of that might not be total accurate,but proof is he did mean a lot to The Rams defense if no other reason then The Rams never found another LBer better to replace him.

IMO Peyton Wilson would be the PERFECT Fit for The Rams,butL. Latu would mean more because of how important have a Top Edge Rusher is upfront.

Then you add AD99 leaving & a Top DT is more important.I’ve always been these are The 2 players The Rams need,but finding fits are important.

I know my mind is weird like this,so

L.Latu
Peyton Wilson

Truth is The Rams know what they want & need to have backup plans in case things don’t workout.

IMO - The Rams might have to Trade Up ?? Plus Peyton Wilson might not be there.

Then later in the draft there are a couple Inside Lbers that might be there,but need experience . There is a lot of depth at CB & DT,so I see those players being sprinkled in.

Add a RB is needed early to fill depth. The Rams signed some good DB depth to add to The speed to help closing plays flying to the ball.

That is just how I see The Draft & direction The Rams are going to go.At least that is my vision on what The Rams need. This 2024 Draft will be FUN to watch. Maybe a little STRESSFUL !! Cheers

Tano

Legend
Shula knows him,he always comes in plays(practices) hard.Called him blue eyes.Seeing practice at SOFI for first time was special.He beat out that LBer Snead draft & got hurt a lot?

What Rams Fans don’t give him credit for is when he was The Starting MLB with The #1 Defense in The NFL. Then even after that he was starting ahead of Ernest Jones (first part)& in The Playoffs he held up until Ernest Jones came back in The Super Bowl .If memory has it he was a green dot guy ? Well until Weddle took over in the Super Bowl ???

Some of that might not be total accurate,but proof is he did mean a lot to The Rams defense if no other reason then The Rams never found another LBer better to replace him.

IMO Peyton Wilson would be the PERFECT Fit for The Rams,butL. Latu would mean more because of how important have a Top Edge Rusher is upfront.

Then you add AD99 leaving & a Top DT is more important.I’ve always been these are The 2 players The Rams need,but finding fits are important.

I know my mind is weird like this,so

L.Latu
Peyton Wilson

Truth is The Rams know what they want & need to have backup plans in case things don’t workout.

IMO - The Rams might have to Trade Up ?? Plus Peyton Wilson might not be there.

Then later in the draft there are a couple Inside Lbers that might be there,but need experience . There is a lot of depth at CB & DT,so I see those players being sprinkled in.

Add a RB is needed early to fill depth. The Rams signed some good DB depth to add to The speed to help closing plays flying to the ball.

That is just how I see The Draft & direction The Rams are going to go.At least that is my vision on what The Rams need. This 2024 Draft will be FUN to watch. Maybe a little STRESSFUL !! Cheers
One thing I have always said about Reeder is that he is a very good blitzer. If he does play on 3rd and long - have him blitz half the time

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
One thing I have always said about Reeder is that he is a very good blitzer. If he does play on 3rd and long - have him blitz half the time
I actually think what makes him good is that he plays smart for the most part.When it’s 3rd down he knows where the yard makers are & try’s to keep it short.

Tano

Legend
I actually think what makes him good is that he plays smart for the most part.When it’s 3rd down he knows where the yard makers are & try’s to keep it short.
Well yeah he does but then he gets dragged for a few yards and gives up the first down anyway.

Try is probably a perfect word for Reeder. Succeed on the other hand is quite another story.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
There is no try. Do or not do. :laugh4:

(and I like Reeder)

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Say it every year and since Reeder is back as depth again this year I'll say it again: he plays too heavy. Have him drop about ten pounds and his biggest weakness, which is his change of direction and lateral quickness, should improve. He'll never be a top ILB because he lacks the anticipation the best ones have. But he does have all the talent you'd want to do that job he just needs to play a bit leaner IMO.

Ram65

Legend
He is a keeper: depth and Teams.

He is going to be 30 at the beginning of the season. The Rams may replace him with a younger player soon. The Rams need to find some young Teams studs.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Say it every year and since Reeder is back as depth again this year I'll say it again: he plays too heavy. Have him drop about ten pounds and his biggest weakness, which is his change of direction and lateral quickness, should improve. He'll never be a top ILB because he lacks the anticipation the best ones have. But he does have all the talent you'd want to do that job he just needs to play a bit leaner IMO.

That won’t help,but he knows how to call the defense. I think that is why he makes sense in case Ernest goes down ,to run The 2nd unit, & help mentor a young;rookie) LBer The Rams bring in ?

The Rams finally addressed there Front 3 & know having solid MLB/WLB is what is needed.
-The Rams can survive more with Reeder though because of who they brought in The D’Backfield.

fearsomefour

Legend
I know what I saw. Some guys test really well. But when it comes to using it in a game, the synapse just isn’t there. Hes stiff laterally.
I think it is a physical limitation.
He is a step late on tons of stuff......but, you could be right, could be recognition thing.
Either way, the result is the same.
Good back up.

fearsomefour

Legend
That won’t help,but he knows how to call the defense. I think that is why he makes sense in case Ernest goes down ,to run The 2nd unit, & help mentor a young;rookie) LBer The Rams bring in ?

The Rams finally addressed there Front 3 & know having solid MLB/WLB is what is needed.
-The Rams can survive more with Reeder though because of who they brought in The D’Backfield.
Him being familiar with Shula and calling the D is the biggest reason he was brought back I think.