Quarterbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Check his film out. Underrated player. I think he's likely going to be the best veteran on the market.

That's a tough evaluation. 77 career attempts, in the NFL outside of preseason.

If there's ever been a guy make a career holding a clipboard, 77 attempts at age 29, it's Chase Daniel.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Great points. Don't know if it was coincidence or not but Cook had his best game of the year last week and Kendricks has played pretty well last 2 games. Boras being former TE coach may have something to do with that.
The Seattle game lately seems to leave such a bad taste in the mouth. Let's hope that changes this year
Good point about Boras and the improvement in Cook & Kendricks. It was right there in front of me and I didn't connect the dots. I mean, it only makes sense that he'll try to integrate them into the passing game more now that he's taken over. I have a good feeling about this game IF the Rams heed my advice.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I have a good feeling about this game IF the Rams heed my advice.

We match up well w/Seattle.

Barron and the heavy nickel have contained Wilson, in the past.

Our DL has proven the ability to pressure RW with their somewhat porous oline.

Wilson is a very good QB, but his ball placement (accuracy) isn't his strongest suit... our CB's match up well.

Our dline can stop the run. Seattle is beat up at RB.

So...

It comes down to the offense. Can we score 24? If so, we are in this game.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

Because of you, me... Maybe a few other members.

nighttrain

Legend
The freak cares about the "system"?

Fisher needs to learn you adapt your offense to your QBs skills. You don't force the friggen square peg in the circular hole. That's one big huge issue. It's ultimately HIS offensive philosophy and he'll force any QB on roster to fit in it. I mean crap. He didn't wanna give the shotgun under Sam a legitimate shot. Not that Shotty was the guy to design that system anyway. Twice the fail.

This is why I want Goff. A mobile QB with a quick release. Design a system to utilize those skills.
Goff even if it takes our first and both 2nds
train

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
If Keenum can give me that 2TD 250 Yards and a win IN Seattle, I'm the conductor of his bandwagon folks! I'd still be down for a 1st round QB though. Let's roll on these Hawks Case, this is your best chance to make a statement.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That's a tough evaluation. 77 career attempts, in the NFL outside of preseason.

If there's ever been a guy make a career holding a clipboard, 77 attempts at age 29, it's Chase Daniel.

It's not an easy evaluation but I feel confident in what I saw. Wouldn't be the first QB that impressed when he was finally given a chance.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gonna need a big game from Cook in that one. Seattle is ranked very high against opposing teams' #1 receiver, and top 10 against their #2, but 28th against tight ends. They're also good at taking away the RB in the passing game. I really hope we don't go up there and try to just run for the sake of running, because we can't afford to hand the ball over to their offense time and time again. If there was ever a time to attack the seams, this would be that time.

Their defense is ballin, no doubt. The thing they do really consistently is stuff the run, and they're gonna make Gurley their #1 priority. Case vs their defense in a hostile environment with the OL on a silent count? Bigtime advantage to the Shehawks.

Rams defense needs to play their best game of the season to win this game IMO. Because that is the only thing that will allow the offense to be patient and keep hammering Gurley until he starts to gash them.

Sure, Rams OL might surprise in the run game. But probably not right out the gate. We're gonna need great D for this one.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Mannion knows the system. Chase Daniel + Sean Mannion + Rookie QB. We'll be good.

We already know what Keenum is.

It's not about the value. The Rams need to come away with one of the top QBs. Mannion hasn't shown anything at the NFL level.

It is not too early to give up on Keenum. The Rams ALREADY gave up on Keenum. He's a journeyman. He's not like Bortles or Carr.

The dude is a backup. I've seen more than enough of him to know that.

Respectfully disagree. Mannion showed more in his few opportunities than Jameis Winston did at first and Winston was not only anointed the starter prior to the season so he had tons of reps but he looked like ass his first four games. Mannion hasn't had anywhere near the opportunities that Winston and Marriota had so we've NOT had the chance to evaluate him in any real way.

Again, respectfully, I have a hard time hearing that Mannion hasn't shown anything or that he isn't capable when if there's ONE thing we DO know it's that it takes reps and opportunities and because of the Keenum/Davis preseason duel Mannion has had next to zero chances at either reps or opportunities.

I don't know if he's the guy but I do know he's had virtually no chance to answer the question.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Respectfully disagree. Mannion showed more in his few opportunities than Jameis Winston did at first and Winston was not only anointed the starter prior to the season so he had tons of reps but he looked like ass his first four games. Mannion hasn't had anywhere near the opportunities that Winston and Marriota had so we've NOT had the chance to evaluate him in any real way.

Mannion hasn't shown anything. He has 7 career passing attempts at the end of a blowout. That's nothing.

Winston has played all year and played well for a rookie. I don't care what he did over his first four games...he kept playing and improved. Which is on tape. You can see it. Mannion has next to nothing on tape. If you read my post, I didn't say give up on Mannion. I said we can't pass on a QB because we have Mannion. He's a third round pick that hasn't shown anything. Not a first round pick that sat as a rookie.

Again, respectfully, I have a hard time hearing that Mannion hasn't shown anything or that he isn't capable when if there's ONE thing we DO know it's that it takes reps and opportunities and because of the Keenum/Davis preseason duel Mannion has had next to zero chances at either reps or opportunities.

I don't know if he's the guy but I do know he's had virtually no chance to answer the question.

Then you're not disagreeing. Mannion hasn't shown anything. That's not a knock on the kid. There's insufficient film to base an opinion on him off of. We shouldn't cut him. But we can't go all in on him being our franchise guy. He hasn't shown us anything yet. We don't know what he's capable of. And you don't refuse to pick a QB because you had a 3rd round QB sit as a rookie. If it was a 1st round rookie, it would be a different story.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
The problem is Fisher is the HC. Unless they dump Foles and eat the dead money, there's no room for drafting a top QB unless the dump Mannion or Keenum.

I don't see them dumping Keenum or eating the money which means I'll be pissed if someone else develops Mannion and it turns out he was the guy after all and we chased an underclass man 1st rounder that has a 30% hit rate when we had the guy all along and never gave him a chance...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The problem is Fisher is the HC. Unless they dump Foles and eat the dead money, there's no room for drafting a top QB unless the dump Mannion or Keenum.

I don't see them dumping Keenum or eating the money which means I'll be pissed if someone else develops Mannion and it turns out he was the guy after all and we chased an underclass man 1st rounder that has a 30% hit rate when we had the guy all along and never gave him a chance...

Good. Dump Foles and Keenum.(well, Keenum is a FA...so just don't re-sign him) Problem solved. ;)

Then sign Chase Daniel and draft a top rookie QB.

Mackeyser

Name
Mack
I personally don't disagree with you. I just don't see it happening.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't get people's infatuation with keeping two players that have taken a team most of us thought would be a contender and dragged them down to mediocrity. We have the worst QB play in the NFL. Keenum and Foles aren't solutions. They're the biggest part of the problem.

fearsomefour

Legend
I don't get people's infatuation with keeping two players that have taken a team most of us thought would be a contender and dragged them down to mediocrity. We have the worst QB play in the NFL. Keenum and Foles aren't solutions. They're the biggest part of the problem.
I don't disagree although I hold out some hope for Keenum, mostly as a solid back up kind of guy. I just don't see anything in Daniels to get hopeful about and I am not excited about a rookie coming in to be the QB. I haven't evaluated (take that for what its worth) the QBs coming out this year....I don't see a solution to the QB problem for the Rams really.