Quarterbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think Case has the same sort of issues as Davis.

IMO, I don't see the QB of the future on this team. I'd sign a veteran and draft a top rookie.

Chase Daniel is the answer. Mizzou kid returning home to lead the Rams to the Super Bowl. It is destiny! :LOL:
That would leave us without a QB that knows our system. So, to be clear, you don't even think Case could be a backup on our team? For the record, I don't see him as the answer in the future, but he could be a decent backup for our team. I don't disagree, in theory, with what you would do, in fact, we pretty much agree in that area.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not waiting for the next Kurt Warner. I'm expecting the Rams to invest a high pick in a QB and sign a veteran one in FA (or trade for one). I'm not expecting to find our franchise savior in the Arena League. That's one in a million luck.
I understand where you're coming from 32, but we still have Keenum AND Mannion to evaluate first. I think we should consider signing or drafting another one IF the pick is right. IE - good value. But signing another Kap or Fitz would be going nowhere in my opinion. Look how good Kirk Cousins is playing for Washington, Bortles, Derek Carr. It is too early to give up on Keenum.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
what do you guys think about Eli Manning? If Coughlin is fired.
I'm not a huge Eli fan, but, IMO, he'd be better than what we have, and probably by a decent margin. I could see it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
That would leave us without a QB that knows our system. So, to be clear, you don't even think Case could be a backup on our team? For the record, I don't see him as the answer in the future, but he could be a decent backup for our team. I don't disagree, in theory, with what you would do, in fact, we pretty much agree in that area.

Mannion knows the system. Chase Daniel + Sean Mannion + Rookie QB. We'll be good.

I understand where you're coming from 32, but we still have Keenum AND Mannion to evaluate first. I think we should consider signing or drafting another one IF the pick is right. IE - good value. But signing another Kap or Fitz would be going nowhere in my opinion. Look how good Kirk Cousins is playing for Washington, Bortles, Derek Carr. It is too early to give up on Keenum.

We already know what Keenum is.

It's not about the value. The Rams need to come away with one of the top QBs. Mannion hasn't shown anything at the NFL level.

It is not too early to give up on Keenum. The Rams ALREADY gave up on Keenum. He's a journeyman. He's not like Bortles or Carr.

The dude is a backup. I've seen more than enough of him to know that.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Mannion knows the system. Chase Daniel + Sean Mannion + Rookie QB. We'll be good.

We already know what Keenum is.

It's not about the value. The Rams need to come away with one of the top QBs. Mannion hasn't shown anything at the NFL level.

It is not too early to give up on Keenum. The Rams ALREADY gave up on Keenum. He's a journeyman. He's not like Bortles or Carr.

The dude is a backup. I've seen more than enough of him to know that.
I'd have to have an upgrade from Chase Daniel, but, again, I'd be open to the equation.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd have to have an upgrade from Chase Daniel, but, again, I'd be open to the equation.

Check his film out. Underrated player. I think he's likely going to be the best veteran on the market.

Athos

Legend

The fuck cares about the "system"?

Fisher needs to learn you adapt your offense to your QBs skills. You don't force the friggen square peg in the circular hole. That's one big huge issue. It's ultimately HIS offensive philosophy and he'll force any QB on roster to fit in it. I mean shit. He didn't wanna give the shotgun under Sam a legitimate shot. Not that Shotty was the guy to design that system anyway. Twice the fail.

This is why I want Goff. A mobile QB with a quick release. Design a system to utilize those skills.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
The freak cares about the "system"?

Fisher needs to learn you adapt your offense to your QBs skills. You don't force the friggen square peg in the circular hole. That's one big huge issue. It's ultimately HIS offensive philosophy and he'll force any QB on roster to fit in it. I mean crap. He didn't wanna give the shotgun under Sam a legitimate shot. Not that Shotty was the guy to design that system anyway. Twice the fail.

This is why I want Goff. A mobile QB with a quick release. Design a system to utilize those skills.
I care about the system, if we keep it. Do you, or does anybody want a slow start next season? This team is built to win now. I'm willing to take one step back, to take two steps forward, but nothing more than that. I like Goff. He has the skills to be a franchise guy.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Check his film out. Underrated player. I think he's likely going to be the best veteran on the market.
I've followed his career, not quite as impressed as you, but that's cool.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
watching manziel play the seahawks, i would not mind jonny as well in a Rams uniform.
He's great fun to watch. Can make ridiculous plays along with a few mistakes that will become fewer and fewer. I don't see the Browns quitting on him unless he messes up off the field again (which is entirely possible)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I've followed his career, not quite as impressed as you, but that's cool.

I think he's capable of doing what Fitzpatrick has done the past few years. Similar type skill-set.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I think he's capable of doing what Fitzpatrick has done the past few years. Similar type skill-set.
I want more than that, although Fitz could run this team.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I want more than that, although Fitz could run this team.

That's why you also draft a rookie. But we're not getting more than that...unless there's a miracle and someone unexpected is made available.(like Brees or Eli)

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
That's why you also draft a rookie. But we're not getting more than that...unless there's a miracle and someone unexpected is made available.(like Brees or Eli)
And you just found, exactly where I am. I want to see what is available first.

I'm not giving up on Mannion, but drafting a high reward rookie, I'd be all in for. Best man wins, whether FA, rookie, or Mannion. Hedge those bets, because good QB's are so hard to find.

On a side note, Bortles, who is my fantasy QB, is really looking like a star in the making, as is Carr. AJ, who I liked, ain't looking too bad either.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
And you just found, exactly where I am. I want to see what is available first.

I'm not giving up on Mannion, but drafting a high reward rookie, I'd be all in for. Best man wins, whether FA, rookie, or Mannion. Hedge those bets, because good QB's are so hard to find.

On a side note, Bortles, who is my fantasy QB, is really looking like a star in the making, as is Carr. AJ, who I liked, ain't looking too bad either.
That's why I think we'll see Keenum until the end of the year. He's the closest thing they have to a backup right now, or a starter next year who is comfortable with the system we're going to run. And you don't just say freak the system because the QB is only one factor in the entire equation.

Some say we're just a quarterback away, but I have disagree. We're a tight end, a wide receiver and a quarterback away with a defense with UFAs to sign as well a potential MLB and LDE to draft as well.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
See how Keenum does vs the real Seattle defense this week.
I dont think he can win over any detractors at this point but could lose some followers

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
See how Keenum does vs the real Seattle defense this week.
I dont think he can win over any detractors at this point but could lose some followers
Gonna need a big game from Cook in that one. Seattle is ranked very high against opposing teams' #1 receiver, and top 10 against their #2, but 28th against tight ends. They're also good at taking away the RB in the passing game. I really hope we don't go up there and try to just run for the sake of running, because we can't afford to hand the ball over to their offense time and time again. If there was ever a time to attack the seams, this would be that time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Gonna need a big game from Cook in that one. Seattle is ranked very high against opposing teams' #1 receiver, and top 10 against their #2, but 28th against tight ends. They're also good at taking away the RB in the passing game. I really hope we don't go up there and try to just run for the sake of running, because we can't afford to hand the ball over to their offense time and time again. If there was ever a time to attack the seams, this would be that time.
Great points. Don't know if it was coincidence or not but Cook had his best game of the year last week and Kendricks has played pretty well last 2 games. Boras being former TE coach may have something to do with that.
The Seattle game lately seems to leave such a bad taste in the mouth. Let's hope that changes this year