Quarterbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
He also played like dookie in 3 of the 5 starts. :(

Maybe that is because he has always been a backup. Maybe as he starter in practice each week, he can improve.

I am not saying he is the answer, just hoping he is the stop gap. Let's face it, until the Rams hire a real offensive mind what good will a young stud QB be? Maybe Boras becomes good enough to continue as OC but in that case Fisher is still bringing his 'Good enough on offense' mantra to the show. If that is all he is going to shoot for then Keenum may be all he needs/wants.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Get RGIII or Krap and just run an option offense until we can find a real QB?

Don't know how many more games we'd win. Probably still end up 7-9 or 8-8...

fearsomefour

Legend
For Keenum this week IN Seattle will be a real test of his mettle.
The Seahawks are playing lights out. If the team is to have any shot the O is going to have to score as the D is so banged up I am sure the Rams will need 30 points to win.
Not likely.
But, I am curios to see how Keenum handles it.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams are still starting Case Keenum at QB next year, they're delusional and have accepted mediocrity.

I can't believe some of you folks are ready to throw Keenum out with the bathwater! For gosh sakes, aren't you Ram fans? You just got a 158 rating for a quarterback and you're saying that he is nothing more a back-up? When did you become an NFL scout? I agree that we need to see more, but if you are waiting for the next Kurt Warner to arrive, you better hope that he brings Faulk, Bruce, Holt, and Pace with him as well. Lighten up Francis!!!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
I can't believe some of you folks are ready to throw Keenum out with the bathwater! For gosh sakes, aren't you Ram fans? You just got a 158 rating for a quarterback and you're saying that he is nothing more a back-up? When did you become an NFL scout? I agree that we need to see more, but if you are waiting for the next Kurt Warner to arrive, you better hope that he brings Faulk, Bruce, Holt, and Pace with him as well. Lighten up Francis!!!
giphy.gif

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Keenum is a gamer
He's like the Rodney McLeod of QB's
Give him a shot and he'll get better and better and better

I agree the QB situation is in flux, but how can those calling for a high QB draft pick have any faith this regime will give them what they want when they just spent a 3rd on Mannion -- which basically indicates exactly where this regime's mind is at. They passed on Hundley and Grayson and Petty cause Mannion has all the physical tools they look for in a QB. I just don't see how anyone can have faith in Fisher and Snead can make you happy in 2016. I think those calling for Wentz or Cook or Goff are gonna be deeply disappointed

If Keenum wins out I don't see how he's not given a shot to be the starting QB with Mannion and Foles backing him up in 2016

TexasRam

Legend
the beauty of the NFL is NO scout can predict how effective a QB will be at the NFL level.

Just the fact of all the QB busts and also the Kurt Warner undrafted/late rounders (Brady), proves this fact.

we don't know yet on Keenum. He could be garbage. He could be the next short pass Maestro like Montana or Rich Gannon.

Let's see what he does the rest of the way, we may have something in Keenum.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If Keenum wins out I don't see how he's not given a shot to be the starting QB with Mannion and Foles backing him up in 2016
It's going to be an open competition in the next camp regardless of how Keenum does, and Mannion will probably emerge the starter. That is, if they don't trade for a legit starting QB like Stafford or someone. Foles will probably be in the mix as well, though I hope he's not. Nothing against him personally, but everything about him is slow. His reaction time, his reads, his delivery, even his feet. I don't know what they see in him if they bring him back again, but maybe there's something going on that none of us know about.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I certainly hope Mannion is in their future plans for at least the number two spot. If not, then they wasted a 3rd round pick on him. Why pick a QB there if you don't think he'll be at least a backup?

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
They passed on Hundley and Grayson and Petty cause Mannion has all the physical tools they look for in a QB.

They did not pass on Grayson he went 75th to New Orleans. We took Mannion at 89. They passed on Petty and Hundley.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He threw 17 passes. It was his 3rd start this year. He failed to pass for even 150 yards in either of his first two starts. He's a career backup and journeyman. A lot of people were convinced Austin Davis was something last year. Hell, I believed it for a minute. He wasn't. Neither is Keenum. He's a career backup.

I'm not waiting for the next Kurt Warner. I'm expecting the Rams to invest a high pick in a QB and sign a veteran one in FA (or trade for one). I'm not expecting to find our franchise savior in the Arena League. That's one in a million luck.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
One thing is certain the Rams are a good QB away from being a very good team. Im not sure who, where, or how they get that QB but they need to somehow. We can all how that Mannion is the future, they drafted him in the third for a reason. I doubt the answer will come from free agency and I dont think they will be in position to draft one of the top two QBs and I'm not sold on either anyways. So I'm pretty frustrated knowing that the missing piece to this team will be very difficult to find. I guess i must hope that Mannion is the answer.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
He threw 17 passes. It was his 3rd start this year. He failed to pass for even 150 yards in either of his first two starts. He's a career backup and journeyman. A lot of people were convinced Austin Davis was something last year. Hell, I believed it for a minute. He wasn't. Neither is Keenum. He's a career backup.

I'm not waiting for the next Kurt Warner. I'm expecting the Rams to invest a high pick in a QB and sign a veteran one in FA (or trade for one). I'm not expecting to find our franchise savior in the Arena League. That's one in a million luck.
In my eyes so far, Case > A. Davis. It's not even close, but...I'm not saying he's a quality starter at this point. He may be a career back up, but I still like him, so far. Again, in my eyes, Austin had some major flaws, even when he was playing well.

Is the future QB on this team? Lots of questions, still. I'd draft another one, and best man between Case, Sean, and new guy, starts, unless a good QB is acquired via FA.

Athos

Legend
One thing is certain the Rams are a good QB away from being a very good team. Im not sure who, where, or how they get that QB but they need to somehow. We can all how that Mannion is the future, they drafted him in the third for a reason. I doubt the answer will come from free agency and I dont think they will be in position to draft one of the top two QBs and I'm not sold on either anyways. So I'm pretty frustrated knowing that the missing piece to this team will be very difficult to find. I guess i must hope that Mannion is the answer.

Lmao.

A 3rd round QB is hardly the definition of a QB of the future. It's all luck to hit on QBs that late in the draft and for good reason.

Mannion shouldn't be handed anything.

Go get the first round QB if you can and the best player plays.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
Lmao.

A 3rd round QB is hardly the definition of a QB of the future. It's all luck to hit on QBs that late in the draft and for good reason.

Mannion shouldn't be handed anything.

Go get the first round QB if you can and the best player plays.
And how exactly are you going to do that? Both Goff and Lynch will be gone before the Rams pick. I have zero interest in Cook. Draft wise my only hope is that Wentz lasts till the Rams second pick and ends up being worth it. My point is that I'm not seeing a solution out there.

Last edited:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
In my eyes so far, Case > A. Davis. It's not even close, but...I'm not saying he's a quality starter at this point. He may be a career back up, but I still like him, so far. Again, in my eyes, Austin had some major flaws, even when he was playing well.

Is the future QB on this team? Lots of questions, still. I'd draft another one, and best man between Case, Sean, and new guy, starts, unless a good QB is acquired via FA.

I think Case has the same sort of issues as Davis.

IMO, I don't see the QB of the future on this team. I'd sign a veteran and draft a top rookie.

Chase Daniel is the answer. Mizzou kid returning home to lead the Rams to the Super Bowl. It is destiny! :LOL: