Quarterbacks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ramsey

Starter
Name
Ramsey
I haven't posted in a while. I took a few college classes. Had to write very long philosophy papers. Like you, I'm not a fair weather fan. I've been lurking, shedding tears, and cheering on our Rams. Once a Rams fan, always a Rams fan.

Case made a case last night, but as you guys know, one game does not make a career. The twin terrors Todd and Tavon need room to run!

Like many of you, I have sat slack jawed shocked, grieving over Foles. :puke: Good Gawd! That was awful. Anyway, I have a crazy idea. I'm just spit balling now. I believe all the QB's in the 2016 draft are overrated. If we want one, we will have to reach, hope, and pray to God we hit the quarterback Jackpot. And we know hope is a slippery slope. So,

Why not keep Case. Fire Foles. Add two cheap running QB's. Maybe Kapernick and _________? Then rotate the QB's during the game. I know the disadvantages of such a system. It's a football sin. Yet, desparate times call for desparate measures.

1. Defensive coordinators would have to prepare for 3 QB's. :football:

2. If one of our running QB's gets injured, we just load another running QB. (Of course, we only get running QB's who can pass, plus we keep Case in rotation for pocket passing situations.)

3. We wouldn't have to reach for a QB early in the draft. We could draft a WR, TE, OT, or a middle linebacker. At least we would have the option of drafting BPA. As a matter of fact, it would give the Rams a lot room to maneuver throughout the 2016 draft.

4. Allows Rams to allocate more salary cap money to our stars. Top 15 QB's cost a bunch of banana's. And top QB's are worth it! But, I can't imagine Ram's getting a top QB by 2016. Can you?

5. The addition of 2 running QB's would make it difficult for defenses to key on Todd and Tavon.

6. The Austin Davis's of the world can bang out an excellent game or two, but then defensive coordinators catch up. Even if a defensive coordinator can figure out three different QB styles within a week, I don't believe 11 defensive players can.

7. Each QB would have fewer plays to learn. But, the defensive coordinator would not know what plays each QB would run. What do I mean? Each week, each QB would practice a new "offensive package" of several plays that they focus on intensely. The Rams average offensive 50 plays a game. I'd like to see us average 60-65 a game. So, each QB only needs to know 10-12 plays. He reps out on those 10-12 plays during the week. Thus, the QB's do a few things well, instead of many things half ass. Opposing defensive coordinators don't have time to figure out what each QB is doing. Each week is different.

8. If a QB gets a hot hand, then Rams go with the flow for that game. Ride the hot hand.

I read X's link to the Erhardt-Perkins offense that the Patriots and Broncos run. Very good article X! The Patriots and Broncos seem to not miss a beat when a player goes down to injury. The offense has simple terminology and simple terminology might be a good thing for our players.

With Todd, Tavon, a slightly more experienced offensive line, and a pair of running QB's the Rams could really become a run it down your throat team.

Again, I'm spit balling. I'm not delusional enough to believe any NFL team would institute such an offense. The Quarterback is sacred, and interchangeable quarterbacks is NFL sacrilegious. Moderator, I have sinned. Absolve me. How many Hail Mary's?

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Nice to see you posting again!

If the Rams platoon QB's it'll be a mess IMO.

They need to get the OL right, then Foles or Keenum can hold down the fort for a year until Snead can make a move for a QB.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Interesting idea, but I am not sure you give any of your QBs enough practice reps in that scenario.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'd rather draft Zeke Elliot and go wildcat all game long with Gurley/Elliot/Mason and Tavon

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Goff/Lynch/Cook
and
Mannion
and
Case

Thats all I want for christmas.....

Definitely. Then I would add a proven top offensive mind added to the staff who has a great eye for QBs. Doesn't have to be Martz, he would just make a lot of sense.

If Boras sticks I still think Martz would be a great hire for a BS position on the staff, just bring his knowledge aboard. Or even hire him just to vet the QBs in the draft.

JUMAVA68

Starter
Name
Manuel
Whomever our Qb is next year he needs enough time to get throws off period.It has to start up front with the protection to even have a chance to succeed.

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hopefully we just found our quarterback in Case Keenum. Two more games like the last one and I won't care about drafting a quarterback. And what about Mannion? Fisher has had an entire season to watch this guy practice (progress I hope). Wasn't he our long-term solution just a couple of months ago?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think the best scenario is for Keenum to finish strong. Hopefully Mannion is showing the coaches something behind the scenes.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If the Rams are still starting Case Keenum at QB next year, they're delusional and have accepted mediocrity.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
If the Rams are still starting Case Keenum at QB next year, they're delusional and have accepted mediocrity.
My man is 4-1 in his last 5 starts. That's better than Aaron Rodgers' last 5 starts.

BOOM.

(sarcasm only moderately implied)

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
My man is 4-1 in his last 5 starts. That's better than Aaron Rodgers' last 5 starts.

BOOM.

(sarcasm only moderately implied)

He also played like dookie in 3 of the 5 starts. :(

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
He also played like dookie in 3 of the 5 starts. :(
Hey! That's my quarterback!

3SwKlqa.jpg

jap

Legend
We need a signal caller who is strong enough, accurate enough, and with good-great field vision to legitimately stretch the field and keep defenses from stacking the box against TGII and Tavon. It would help to secure a great deep threat WR as well.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Keenum's got a couple games to make a case for himself. He didn't have to throw much the other night but he looked pretty good when he did. I believe he's better than Foles but that isn't saying much. Pretty much every other starter in the league is. Even some backups are better.

I honestly don't see any more in him than I saw in the backups we had the previous two seasons. They can have their moments but they haven't been able string together several good games in a row. That is why they're backups. They can hold the fort down for a couple games. But expecting them to carry a team for a whole season is asking too much.

I hope I'm wrong and he proves something the next two games.