Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
sub-level assistants will be added to help the senior position coaches.

Chris Shula might be inside linebacker coach and Barry outside or vice versa, but we'll find out soon enough...Great job sir keeping us updated!
200.gif

Zero

Pro Bowler
I'm looking for someone who is trending upward who might be in play when Wade retires to be the defensive coordinator and IMO Pleasant could be that guy
Just a hunch but,I believe Pleasant is in fact our DC in training.
Everything I have read about the coach has been positive.
McVay recognized him as a talent and is letting him learn under one of the best.
If true,very smart move by our young coach.
Maybe that is how we were able to steal him from the Skins.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
For those thinking the Rams might be waiting for Chris Morgan to finish his season:

http://www.thefalcoholic.com/2017/2...nd-to-block-departure-of-offensive-assistants

Report: Atlanta Falcons intend to block departure of offensive assistants
0 New, 65 comments
Fact: Kyle Shanahan loves a good bubble bath
by James Rael@falcoholicjames Feb 1, 2017, 12:07am EST tweet

usa_today_9832655.0.jpg
Jason Getz-USA TODAY Sports
Atlanta Falcons offensive coordinator Kyle Shanahan is getting a lot of media attention this week. He’s run an historical offense this season, likely earning a head coach gig with the San Francisco 49ers. It’s basically a foregone conclusion at this point and many are wondering who he will try to take with him.

According to the AJC’s Jeff Schultz, the Falcons aren’t simply going to let him walk with some of their premier offensive assistant.

Don’t expect the Falcons to lose any assistant of significance. A source said the team will block any attempt by Shanahan to take one of Dan Quinn’s high-profile assistants, such as assistant head coach/wide receivers coach Raheem Morris, running backs coach Bobby Turner and offensive line coach Chris Morgan.

See that? It’s a line, over there in that sand. It’s been drawn.

The Rams hired Aaron Kromer. They're not going to hire another OL Coach imo. Morgan also doesn't teach the same blocking scheme that Kromer does.

But I do feel bad for Little Shanny. It's good that he's getting screwed since he'll be the 49ers HC, but I still think it's shitty of the Falcons to not allow him to take his assistants with him.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
So as it stands now, any ideas whom will be our OC?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
If Wade's son is coming over, it's the one spot that fits. If not, your guess is as good as mine.

This^ unless it is going to be Zac Taylor or Taylor the QB Coach and Olson as OC, but I agree although the Rams have taken several assistants from the Redskins everything points to Wes Phillips as OC.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
if Atlanta has hands off their staff, then maybe Washington follows suit. Skins have taken quite a hit already, I'm wondering if Taylor is an insurance policy in case they cant get grandson of bum

KOWALSKI

Rookie
i'll guess the rams hired zac taylor as the new oc for one season, because the redskins blocked wes phillips.
and when his contract runs out with the redskins, the rams will sign him.

Zero

Pro Bowler
But I do feel bad for Little Shanny.
Alright Jrry,I am going to give a pass,because Shanny hasn't been
officially hired.Once he is hired he becomes our mortal enemy
and you will not be allowed to give a flying **** about him.
I'm sorry,but it's in the ROD Handbook.:)

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
A lot of news coming out on our coaching staff, it's was a good day.. err week.

*cue Ice Cube meme*

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I don't think Wade's son will be the OC. Skins have suffered a lot of losses on their staff, so I suspect they'll keep him on.

And also for some reason I have this feeling McVay is going to bring in someone very much recognized as OC. I think this kid is smart enough to know that the better his OC hire is, the more he'll be able to function as a true head coach. So maybe a guy like Chip Kelly, or another more established offensive mind who will run what McVay wants them to run and sure he'll approve gameplans and even get involved a bit with the oversight but it will still simplify his routine.

I know some will freak out at the thought of a guy like Kelly as OC. But I think if he's the hire he'll do fine under our wunderkind head coach.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think Wade's son will be the OC. Skins have suffered a lot of losses on their staff, so I suspect they'll keep him on.

And also for some reason I have this feeling McVay is going to bring in someone very much recognized as OC. I think this kid is smart enough to know that the better his OC hire is, the more he'll be able to function as a true head coach. So maybe a guy like Chip Kelly, or another more established offensive mind who will run what McVay wants them to run and sure he'll approve gameplans and even get involved a bit with the oversight but it will still simplify his routine.

I know some will freak out at the thought of a guy like Kelly as OC. But I think if he's the hire he'll do fine under our wunderkind head coach.
The problem with Kelly is he's likely a 1 year hire. He'll be offered a HC gig next year. We don't need that at OC.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I know its not a common sentiment, but I have respect for Kelly. He clearly wants to be an NFL coach and is willing to step back career wise to be able to make step forward later. He could have easily taken a college HC job paying top $$ if he wanted.
I think a couple years as an OC will put him back on track. Don't necessarily want him with the Rams though

The problem with Kelly is he's likely a 1 year hire. He'll be offered a HC gig next year. We don't need that at OC
Unless the team he OC for has an Atlanta Falcons type offensive year, I think he's got a good 3,4 years before he would be NFL HC considered again