Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ljramsfan

Pro Bowler
Name
LJ
"Chris Shula worked as 'quality control coach' for the Chargers". What exactly does he do to "control" quality?

The quality of the Chargers play wasn't much better than the Rams.:rolleyes:
I dont understand the position either. But I looked it on Wikipedia :

A quality control coach is a member of the coaching staff of an American football or Canadian football team whose primary job is preparing the team for a game, beginning sometimes two or three weeks before the actual game. Their primary duties include preparing for the game by analyzing game film for statistical analysis.

Isnt that the coaches job tho?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Thx for looking it up Lj. But isn't everyone on the team supposed to study game film? I guess the key is "statistical analysis".

Picked4td

Pro Bowler
I dont understand the position either. But I looked it on Wikipedia :

A quality control coach is a member of the coaching staff of an American football or Canadian football team whose primary job is preparing the team for a game, beginning sometimes two or three weeks before the actual game. Their primary duties include preparing for the game by analyzing game film for statistical analysis.

Isnt that the coaches job tho?

my guess based on that info is the quality control coach works 1 week ahead of the rest of the team. so while the team and coaches are installing the gameplan for week 1, the quality control coach is watching and breaking down film to start installing a game plan for week 2 so come mon/tue the team can jump right into it

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just as I expected, negative comments on the article by 3k.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Reports are now out that Atlanta will block Shanahan from taking "key assistants". Sounds like their QB coach will take over as OC.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Well here's hoping McVay circles back and targets Tom Clements as OC

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Not sure if this has been mentioned, but Former University of Cincinnati offensive coordinator Zac Taylor is joining the Rams staff, source tells FootballScoop. Taylor previously coached quarterbacks and then served as offensive coordinator for the Dolphins (from 2012-2015). Oh, and his father-in-law is Mike Sherman.

http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Here is his Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zac_Taylor

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack

CanRamFan

Starter
Name
Joe
Shanahan is pissed because he thought he was the #1 choice for all teams looking for a HC but in reality nobody wanted him except SF. #Truth

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Took me a while to figure out who McVay reminded me of , but I finally figured it out

Mc_Vay1.jpg

tumblr_o95cj91jdI1slbj5no1_500.gif

Last edited:

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Gotta think Zac Taylor hire will be an assistant roll w/ QB or Quality Control to start. I wonder if Bill Callahan Connected the two coaches...Hmmm (n):sleep:

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Gotta think Zac Taylor hire will be an assistant roll w/ QB or Quality Control to start. I wonder if Bill Callahan Connected the two coaches...Hmmm (n):sleep:

Quite an extensive resume to be a Quality Control Coach IMO it will more than that although he's a former QB and has only coached Quarterbacks and he's not connected to Callahan whatsoever.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Quite an extensive resume to be a Quality Control Coach IMO it will more than that although he's a former QB and has only coached Quarterbacks and he's not connected to Callahan whatsoever.

He played QB for Callahan in college. And I'm not seeing a role for him bigger than that here, unless it's as the WR Coach. I can't see him being the OC.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
He played QB for Callahan in college. And I'm not seeing a role for him bigger than that here, unless it's as the WR Coach. I can't see him being the OC.

Good catch on the Callahan was looking for a coaching connection and I don't see him as OC either, but as a Offensive Quality control coach would be a downgrade, however, I concur I don't see him being a TE or WR coach either.