Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame

@jrry32

giphy.gif

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I explained why. What does Trestman add to this team? He's not calling the plays. The OC isn't going to call the plays. McVay is. We already have two former OCs on the staff (McVay and Olson). Right now, we have no OL Coach.

IF I HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN THE TWO, I am taking the guy who adds something to this staff. That's Kromer. He gives us a top tier OL Coach. We desperately need that. While Trestman would be nice to have, he doesn't add anything that we currently lack. He simply complements what we already.

Obviously, the optimal scenario is for Kromer to join as OL Coach and Trestman as OC (so Kromer can dedicate all his time to the OL), but that assumes Kromer is amenable to that idea. Kromer might choose to go elsewhere if we don't give him the OC title. In that scenario, I take Kromer over Trestman.
Looks like things are shaking up that way. Go rams!

simonblaze

Pro Bowler
Name
Simonblaze
I am HYPED for this hire. With McVay calling the plays, Wade running the D, and Kromer retooling our line, the sky is the limit for us

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Holy crap!!! We just hired the best line coach in the league. We're in business now.
Before I get really freaking excited, is he a good coach or is he actually considered one of the best offensive line coaches out there?

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
I like Trestman, dude has a solid track record when it comes to high scoring offenses. I reeaallly want Kromer though, he is a miracle worker when it comes to o lines. Trust me, his hire would rival that of Phillips.

simonblaze,
This is quite a glowing recommendation. What makes you say this?
What do you know about Mr. Kromer that you could share with your fellow long-suffering Rams fans?

~ArkyRamsFan~

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is Tom Pellisaro? Can he be counted on as reliable?

(I hate twitter)
USAToday writer and I think hes on nfln Sirius channel. I'm also waiting for the Rams or another to cite the hire but that he's there working with us is huge.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I haven't seen a staff of this caliber since 1997 when GreenBay had Mike Holmgren, Andy Reid, Mike Sherman, Fritz Shurmer and Nolan Cromwell.

Just incredible.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
If the Rams hire Kromer to be the Rams OL coach, his ability to coach will be put to the test. Rams OL is a dumpster fire. With the CBA's limits on coaches time with players in the offseason, he will have only a small window to actually "coach" before OTA's, and the current OL needs LOTS of coaching.

We will see, starting in preseason, weather Boudreau was poor at coaching, or the Rams OL just aren't very good.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
We will see, starting in preseason, weather Boudreau was poor at coaching, or the Rams OL just aren't very good.

I'm not going to deny we need an upgrade in talent on the OL, but I think a lot of the problem was an offensive scheme that, if one didn't know better, appeared to be designed to accentuate their weaknesses and negate their strengths. Bou could have very well been part of the problem, and maybe he's lost some of the touch he previously had. Still, I think anyone would have had an uphill battle with the OL in the offense Boras put together.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not going to deny we need an upgrade in talent on the OL, but I think a lot of the problem was an offensive scheme that, if one didn't know better, appeared to be designed to accentuate their weaknesses and negate their strengths. Bou could have very well been part of the problem, and maybe he's lost some of the touch he previously had. Still, I think anyone would have had an uphill battle with the OL in the offense Boras put together.
That's always the question... was it the coaching or the players lack of talent?

The only thing that makes me wonder is... think of all the combinations Boudreau had over the years as OL under Fisher.

Surely one of those combinations could have worked, no? Free agents... high draft picks... and still mediocre at best results.

Just makes me lean toward thinking the issue was coaching.