Official New Rams Coaching Staff Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Wes Phillips will be the Offensive Coordinator IMHO, Redskins would let him go for that title and to work with his Father, IMHO.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Believe that when I see it

Birds of a Feather...
Chip+Kelly+Philadelphia+Eagles+v+Atlanta+Falcons+oaNe5c3U0-Ol.jpg

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Wes Phillips will be the Offensive Coordinator IMHO, Redskins would let him go for that title and to work with his Father, IMHO.
I agree, and in 2-3 years he will be handed play calling duty if he's shown he is ready.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny

View: https://twitter.com/bmcnally14/status/824011325055569921

Could this mean he's coming to the Rams? Remember seeing news about him possibly coming to the Rams before it was reported Washington wanted to keep him. Fans/players seem to think highly of him.

On the fence about the Pleasant hiring. Breeland seems to have taken a bit of a step back, their rookie corner Fuller got benched halfway through the season. They completely gave up on David Amerson only to have him go on and ball out with the Raiders. Not exactly the resume I'm looking for in a potential secondary coach.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
On the fence about the Pleasant hiring. Breeland seems to have taken a bit of a step back, their rookie corner Fuller got benched halfway through the season. They completely gave up on David Amerson only to have him go on and ball out with the Raiders. Not exactly the resume I'm looking for in a potential secondary coach.

He was the assistant db coach and I've seen him specifically get credit for his work with Dunbar in helping him transition from wr to cb. Players apparently really like him from all the info I heard/read from redskin fans.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Thinking about Kromer, with him on board I'm much less concerned about taking on rawer prospects. I have faith he can coach guys up. Hell, he might be able to fix Greg Robinson.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Thinking about Kromer, with him on board I'm much less concerned about taking on rawer prospects. I have faith he can coach guys up. Hell, he might be able to fix Greg Robinson.

I pray you are correct, sir. I fear Mr. Robinson, who I loved coming out of the draft, may not possess the smarts and drive to be who we once thought he could be. I hope I'm served massive amounts of crow tho.

My plea would be for Rams to sign Cincy LT, move GROB to RG, try Wichmann at center, and draft my guy LAMP for the LG spot. A guy can dream....

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

ramfan46

Pro Bowler
I'm quietly very optimistic with how this staff is coming together. I forget who tweeted, but he was dead on when he said people will be surprised by the quality of McVAY's staff. Also I'm going with McVAY that way because it was on the dang jersey at the presser haha.
Kromer might be even as exciting for the O as Phillips was for the D! Curious to see what his idea and plan for Greg Robinson will be. I like the idea of trying to move him inside so he can go maul guys. He has that mentality to make it work I think. Let's use those physical gifts and move guys off the dang ball. Find a LG and C and you have something, especially for the running game. Gotta get the running game going immediately.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Its obvious Boudreau failed with Robinson for whatever reason. GRob did show the last 5 games of '15 he can play LT. No holding, false starts or sacks given up. Boo failed to recognize whatever clicked for GRob to accomplish that. I'm hoping Kromer can bring that kind of play out of GRob again.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I really shouldn't let myself believe in G-Rob...but getting Kromer is putting some foolish hope in me. He turned some raw guys into really good OLs. G-Rob has always had the tools. He has the desire. Maybe Kromer will finally bring it out of him. That would sure make things a lot easier on us.

Fuck it. Give me the kool-aid.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alden Gonzalez might want to reconsider his phrasing. I wouldn't call these hires "settling". Well, maybe Skip Peete, but I reserve the right to not divulge my opinion until I can pretend like I was always right.
I don't think he means settled in a negative way but more that he's made his decisions.

dolphinlover123

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Was bored and googled Kromer.
With the Bears
He, as an anonymous source, told Ian Rapoport that Jay Cutler sucks and that the organization had buyer's remorse.
With the Bills
He also beat up some juveniles and threatened to kill their family. (charges were "dropped" and he served 6 game suspension)

LOL. I sense some drama coming from this guy. Thank bejeezus that he is not being rumored as the OC. I don't want him as an OC, ever. Man, I don't even know if I trust him as an OL coach now. Just imagine him telling the OL to leave Goff unblocked whenever he makes mistakes. But wait, our OL don't need nobody to tell em that.. Can you guys hype him up some more so that I can get back to my kool-aid?

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
Dean Lombardi says you don't win with choir boys and I think that applies to football too. Kromer has (might have?) some warts, at least he didn't lose that (alleged) fight with the juveniles. So normally, I'd just give his off-field drama an "eh".

But the thing is, the young, shiny new coach came in and declared in his introductory press conference "We're going to be a team that is built on character . . . It will be the foundation and glue that holds us together."

Hopefully someone asks McVay: Look, coach, you told us that the team is going to be built on character. Kromer admitted to being a secret snitch to the media. Also, there were some serious allegations made against Kromer, and while they were just allegations, there was enough there for the team to suspend him after the charges were dropped. How does Kromer fit into the foundation of character that you want to build the team on?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Dean Lombardi says you don't win with choir boys and I think that applies to football too. Kromer has (might have?) some warts, at least he didn't lose that (alleged) fight with the juveniles. So normally, I'd just give his off-field drama an "eh".

But the thing is, the young, shiny new coach came in and declared in his introductory press conference "We're going to be a team that is built on character . . . It will be the foundation and glue that holds us together."

Hopefully someone asks McVay: Look, coach, you told us that the team is going to be built on character. Kromer admitted to being a secret snitch to the media. Also, there were some serious allegations made against Kromer, and while they were just allegations, there was enough there for the team to suspend him after the charges were dropped. How does Kromer fit into the foundation of character that you want to build the team on?

I'm not pining for the days of the Four Pillars approach. I didn't particularly enjoy the 10-38 record it produced.

Character has different meanings to different people. I want guys here who love football, are great at it, and work their ass off. That's football character to me. I can deal with issues in the past if they offer those things.

I'm sure the Rams investigated Kromer's background. They are good with it. And I am elated by that.