NFL Draft Discussion: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
It's not instant gratification, it's the fact that they weren't drafted for a reason. That reason is usually very obvious when they do get on the field. As it is with both of those players.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not to say that I didn't prefer other players over Alexander...but I haven't evaluated the kid so I have no idea if he'll pan out or not. Which is why I am not criticizing or praising the pick.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
This is Round 4. I think it's unrealistic to expect the Rams to be drafting an immediate starter here.

Guys like Ed Reynolds, Dion Bailey, Marqueston Huff, Pierre Desir, Keitch McGill would have been starters or impact players for us. I'd rather have a starter than depth.

crazyhorns

Rookie
Agreed for some reason or another some have lost the development concept and if players don't immediately perform to their expectations it's time to cut them and draft or sign new blood. Instant gratification is now the name of the game it seems coach0

So true. I prefer to watch a player develop into a player. But some people just cant stand to wait

It's not instant gratification, it's the fact that they weren't drafted for a reason. That reason is usually very obvious when they do get on the field. As it is with both of those players.

Ho do you know they have no reason. It maybe not obvious to us but I am sure they have some thoughts about what to do with this player

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Ehh whatevs. I think it's pointless to get butthurt over a player picked no one has heard of. Never heard of the guy, but then again most of the guys taken in this round I haven't heard of either.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Alexander has decent speed for his size. 4.56 is not slow for a S. His vert. and LJ were tops for his position, so explosion is there for sure.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guys like Ed Reynolds, Dion Bailey, Marqueston Huff, Pierre Desir, Keitch McGill would have been starters or impact players for us. I'd rather have a starter than depth.

McGill sucks. Bailey is an in the box SS(same type of player as Alexander...without the size and measurables). Reynolds is a big name that's overhyped imo. Never impressed me. I didn't evaluate Desir because I don't have access to Lindenwood games. Didn't have time to evaluate Huff.

How many of these guys did you have the opportunity to evaluate? I don't think it's fair to assume that they were the best pick because they have big names.(not saying you did, only saying people fall into that trap)

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Alexander has decent speed for his size. 4.56 is not slow for a S. His vert. and LJ were tops for his position, so explosion is there for sure.

I just hope he works out. Draft still gets an "A" from me because of our first 4 picks. Guess I have to find something to nitpick.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
So player development be damed if you not an instant starter your updraft able? How is this not instant gratification?

As far as McLeod I'm not saying he's great but why don't we see if maybe his issues were due to a failed scheme and piss poor usage by walton

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
McGill sucks. Bailey is an in the box SS(same type of player as Alexander...without the size and measurables). Reynolds is a big name that's overhyped imo. Never impressed me. I didn't evaluate Desir because I don't have access to Lindenwood games. Didn't have time to evaluate Huff.

How many of these guys did you have the opportunity to evaluate? I don't think it's fair to assume that they were the best pick because they have big names.(not saying you did, only saying people fall into that trap)

I watched videos of all of them. I didn't have time to go fully in depth, but I liked them all much better than I like Alexander (from my limited 15 minutes of game "tape")

All I'm saying is, I just didn't like the pick. But he's raw and high upside, so maybe he works out.

crazyhorns

Rookie
We need size in the backfield. If he can find a role on this team that will bring toughness and size I am all in

crazyhorns

Rookie
I would like to see the rams move back into the 4th or 5th round and give up or latter picks. Do not feel we need those extra picks. Most of these players will not make the roster.