NFL Draft Discussion: Rounds 4-7

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am comfortable with Johnson and Jenkins... But depth behind them in case of injury? :unsure:

crazyhorns

Rookie
I am not impress with the Seahags draft. But then again I was not in the past and they found some gems.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I think they'll take a QB. We have what...six picks left?
Sure they may take one, if not they'll get 1 or 2 udfas. But will it be a QB with enough upside to spend a roster spot for their development?

Alan

Legend
crazyhorns misreading my post:
Ho do you know they have no reason. It maybe not obvious to us but I am sure they have some thoughts about what to do with this player
I didn't say they had no reason and of course all the teams did have a reason for not drafting him. It's usually because they suck. Their sortcomings are usually apparent as soon as you see them on the field.

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
I didn't say they had no reason and of course all the teams did have a reason for not drafting him. It's usually because they suck. Their sortcomings are usually apparent as soon as you see them on the field.
So because they have short comings they can never improve with good coaching and scheme?

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Savage was my favourite late round guy. I actually hoped Garropolo would fall this far! Can't believe the Pats took him in the second but he's gonna be a really good pro as well. I'm not too bothered about taking a QB if Murray's gone - pick up an undrafted guy to back up Shaun Hill and pick one next year. From now on we should take some flyers on risky but high potential guys - guys who could be stars - but will probably be terrible.

crazyhorns

Rookie
It's not instant gratification, it's the fact that they weren't drafted for a reason. That reason is usually very obvious when they do get on the field. As it is with both of those players.

Then I guess I do not understand your point here?

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Caraun Reid is going to be a steal IMO. Telvin Smith will too, if they get him to play SS or keep him at OLB. Either way, he's a terrific football player.

Alan

Legend
Rabid Ram incorrectly extrapolating my post:
So player development be damed if you not an instant starter your updraft able? How is this not instant gratification?

As far as McLeod I'm not saying he's great but why don't we see if maybe his issues were due to a failed scheme and pee pee poor usage by walton
It would be really stupid of me to contend that you can't coach up a player who everyone thinks is undraftable (which is why they didn't draft him) or else why bother to sign them. That's why I didn't say that. :)

What it does mean, is that hoping for them to make a leap from undraftable to starting caliber requires a significant amount of drugs. :LOL: Even the draftable ones seldom make it.

As for the second part of your post, I doubt the issue of incorrect usage/scheme isn't taken into account by all the 32 teams who didn't draft him. ;)

I'm hoping we found a diamond in the rough in McLeod and Cody but I'm certainly not going to base my draft like they are.

Ken

Starter
Name
Ken Morris
I want to see Manzeil play against the Rams front 7. That's what I want to see. Will he still be in the league and healthy when the Rams get their chance?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
It would be really stupid of me to contend that you can't coach up a player who everyone thinks is undraftable (which is why they didn't draft him) or else why bother to sign them. That's why I didn't say that. :)

What it does mean, is that hoping for them to make a leap from undraftable to starting caliber requires a significant amount of drugs. :LOL: Even the draftable ones seldom make it.

As for the second part of your post, I doubt the issue of incorrect usage/scheme isn't taken into account by all the 32 teams who didn't draft him. ;)

I'm hoping we found a diamond in the rough in McLeod and Cody but I'm certainly not going to base my draft like they are.
Ok ty for extrapolating that for me Alan I was starting to worry about you for a min :p

crazyhorns

Rookie
I want to see Manzeil play against the Rams front 7. That's what I want to see. Will he still be in the league and healthy when the Rams get their chance?

RG did not like the beating he took from us a couple of years ago. Imagine what the Rams would do to Manziel with the front 7 we have now. Add DC Williams attacking a rookie QB. If I was Cleveland I would come up with injury for the guy to sit.