New: Latest on Kroenke, Rams and NFL in STL

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Stan's goal is to play with Jerry Jones and the other cool kids from New York and Chicago.

Jerry Jones is cool? Who knew? :shades: Man, the definition of cool has sure changed over the years. Just messing with you blue4. Who knows what Kroenke's thinking?

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I wonder who p'd in Kroenke cereal for him to dump on the STL fans like he seems to be doing? The deal in CA is a win for the city of Inglewood with no downside in the way of taxes for the residents! Quite different than what's going on in STL! I expect that he could get a sweetheart tax deal in MO if he wanted to build a stadium in MO! Guess he really is a douche!!

Talking about treating a fan base bad, if the Rams move to LA and win a Superbowl, I hope Ram fans from St Louis never have to hear Kroenke say something like, " I am glad we won the SuperBowl in LA, it shows that our move to LA was justified" ..........Like what Georgia said after the Rams won the Superbowl in 2000.

I was a season ticket holder in Anaheim for 2 seasons ('91 & '92) and sat there thinking why the hell did she have to say that? Can someone please remove that knife in my back? ;)

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I think there are a few posts here that are starting to get to the LA/STL mudslinging. Relax folks. None of this is about what city is better or what fans are better. Stan isn't trying to find the best fans through all of this.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
What offer made it to easy to say no? The rough draft that Peacock presented was the last offer I can recall, and it was far from unreasonable. Other owners have had to kick in similar amounts and have had rougher times getting proposals.
So it was cool for Stan & St.Louis for stealing THE RAMS ?
If it was not for STAN & THe Personel SEating The Rams never move.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I think there are a few posts here that are starting to get to the LA/STL mudslinging. Relax folks. None of this is about what city is better or what fans are better. Stan isn't trying to find the best fans through all of this.
Like it hasn't been hard for TRUE LOYAL RAM fans ?

I think for the most part you can see what this franchise has meant to LA fans.
It goes back to when Georgia moved The Rams to the OC.
The way she got ownership & The fact her husband paid Hacksaw Reynolds the first $100,000 contract in the NFL ?
(Not sure about that)My dad died,but that was his memory.
--My dad was not a true NFL fan when the Rams left.A USC fan.
My mom was a Charger fan,because she hated all that LA Raiders stuff.She was a huge Madden & Blanda fan.I loved the Stork & Lefty#12.snake.
--

Sum1

Hall of Fame

The way she got ownership & The fact her husband paid Hacksaw Reynolds the first $100,000 contract in the NFL ?
My mom was a Charger fan,because she hated all that LA Raiders stuff.She was a huge Madden & Blanda fan.I loved the Stork & Lefty#12.snake.
--
Strange reply to what I said.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

--
Not what Sum is saying. It's a difficult situation on fans in St Louis just as it was for fans in LA. But this potential move really isn't about the fans of either city/area. So this thread should not become about LA fans vs St Louis fans either. Pretty simple.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave

--
We're all true loyal Ram fans here.

It was hard for us in California when they left. It's hard for those in Missouri now. Looking down on our Ram Brothers or the city they live in won't help anything.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
In a way though, that's almost saying the same thing.

Stan wants more ______ (whether money, prestige or what have you). In Los Angeles, he has more ______ than he does in St. Louis. St. Louis fans justifiably dislike him if he decides to go in that direction, but it's not a jerk move in and of itself.

What was a jerk move was the statements about how of course he'd keep the team there because he was a Missouran and he helped bring the team there and yadda yadda yadda, when it seems more and more likely this was the plan all along.

DUDE #97---
I'll keep posting on this subject.I think I have as good of a take on this subject as anyone.Bernie is a Strong St.Louis Fan... He wears his Heart on his sleeve.

I talked to a Old St.Louis fan in Downtown Vegas. Super Bowl was over & I was totally load.Anyway I stopped him while he was playing some slots.My question was are you a true Ram fan ??
He said no.
-If they move he will,probably be a Chiefs fan.--Some point he said go Chiefs.--I'm passionate about this.
--Talked about him being a St.Louis Cardinal fan & couldn't even cheer for Warner in Super Bowls.-They totally broke his Heart.He had season tickets.Had tickets to Rams,but not sure anymore.I know he was a St. Louis Cardinal Football fan.
-- I think that name belongs in St.Louis .

*My question to you,or you have to ask yourself the same.
--I already know your answer,but have no reasoning to really be upset at Ram fans.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We're all true loyal Ram fans here.

It was hard for us in California when they left. It's hard for those in Missouri now. Looking down on our Ram Brothers or the city they live in won't help anything.
That was not the impression I got from you ?? Don't think you were being true to LA Ram fans then.
You want The Rams to play where ??
Do you really understand logistic's ?? Where was a NFL team going to build ? It's not true for you to get upset at Stan for adding to a NFL market.Who is to say The Rams will move ??? Who says St.Louis doesn't build a new over due Stadium ???

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
DUDE #97---
I'll keep posting on this subject.I think I have as good of a take on this subject as anyone.Bernie is a Strong St.Louis Fan... He wears his Heart on his sleeve.

I talked to a Old St.Louis fan in Downtown Vegas. Super Bowl was over & I was totally load.Anyway I stopped him while he was playing some slots.My question was are you a true Ram fan ??
He said no.
-If they move he will,probably be a Chiefs fan.--Some point he said go Chiefs.--I'm passionate about this.
--Talked about him being a St.Louis Cardinal fan & couldn't even cheer for Warner in Super Bowls.-They totally broke his Heart.He had season tickets.Had tickets to Rams,but not sure anymore.I know he was a St. Louis Cardinal Football fan.

--I already know your answer,but have no reasoning to really be upset at Ram fans.
You'll keep posting on this subject only as long as you respect all members of this forum. I don't really care if you think you have a better grasp on this issue than anyone else. It's not up for debate as to the rules of this thread. Go to page one if you need clarification.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
DUDE #97---

He said no.

First off, I'm an L.A. fan... and basically, you're making us look REALLY bad right now. Assuming that's what you are... no offense, but your English isn't the best and it's making your messages a little unclear to me.

RIGHT NOW, the team is the St. Louis Rams. Yes, some of us are fans of the __________ Rams no matter what city they're in, some of us are fans of the St. Louis __________s where it's about the city and their football team. Yes, if the team moves, many might stop following it, just as many L.A. fans did when they moved, and I can't blame either party. But for right now, we are all true St. Louis Rams fans. Trying to create division does nothing good, and there are other boards for that sort of thing.

That was not the impression I got from you ?? Don't think you were being true to LA Ram fans then.
You want The Rams to play where ??
Do you really understand logistic's ?? Where was a NFL team going to build ? It's not true for you to get upset at Stan for adding to a NFL market.Who is to say The Rams will move ??? Who says St.Louis doesn't build a new over due Stadium ???
I would prefer the Rams be in L.A., but the bad part about that is I consider St. Louis fans my Rams brothers and will feel very bad for them if that comes to pass.

And I understand logistics... there are two viable sites in play right now. So I'm not sure what your point is.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not what Sum is saying. It's a difficult situation on fans in St Louis just as it was for fans in LA. But this potential move really isn't about the fans of either city/area. So this thread should not become about LA fans vs St Louis fans either. Pretty simple.
The choice is if The Rams move will you,or others still be Ram fans ? I'm a Rams fan Barnone !!!

My take is Khan will be the NFL owner in St.Louis. That to me is very real.You won't here that by anyone else right now.
Stan will be beneficial to helping St Louis bring a new stadium.The new in LA isn't approved yet either.
To me it matters this stadium at Hollywood Park gets built.It is historical to LA. I'd hate to see a great Sporting Site turn into Housing.Which has been approved & was ready to be built.The police in the area,had already seen the plans for security reasons.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
The choice is if The Rams move will you,or others still be Ram fans ? I'm a Rams fan Barnone !!!
And that is their personal choice - not one for you to judge as right or wrong. Let it go.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Strange reply to what I said.

Maybe ?? Don't know what mud slinging means then. To bring up Stan moving the team because of loyalty to St.Louis ??
The Rams have been moved before,& can be moved again.
I was hot at Buf97 quotes about LA fans.
Look at LA DUCK fans ?? You a Kings fan.
LA Clippers fan

LA Angels fan of Anaheim ??

----We all have a rights to be a fan of our team.
-To say LA can't support a NFL team is crazy.#2 market in Sports.

I respect St. Louis Sports fan.I think they are some of the best sports fans this nation has.

Boffo97

Name
Dave
I do wonder what he thought I was saying about L.A. fans, which I am one of, that was so offensive.

Do I hate myself now and just don't realize it?

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's just a time out for him so let's move on and let the great conversation in this thread keep going.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
It's just a time out for him so let's move on and let the great conversation in this thread keep going.

And I was just starting to like being insulted in a strange random mixture of upper and lower case. Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.