Marcus Peters to the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Ian Rapport reported that the Chiefs were the one's who sought Quinn, if I'm not mistaken.
You’re right! Just went back through the thread. This means one of two things, we want to keep him and feel he’s important or they were under valuing him.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I like it. 23rd pick is a small price in the grand scheme.
Adding experienced impact players is exactly what the Rams need to compliment the youth here.

And it won't really affect our CAP at all as his 2018 cost is very close to what the #23 pick would earn in his first season.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Guessing our starting 3 is going to be Peters, Hill, and NRC? I like Hill but his performance is a small sample size so I'm cautiously optimistic with him
Let's make a no fly zone .Bring in breelamd

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I find it odd that we still havent found out what the compensation was

Psycho_X

Legend
Well since the news dried up as we wait for compensation news here are some random tweets I've seen perusing twitter.

Imagine adding 8 turnovers to our defense last year?!?!?!

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
And along comes reality to our resident Quinn bashers that maybe...they were wrong

My suggestion to those poor souls is to rewatch the game in Seattle or the playoff game

This is a big time Coup getting Peters!!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
And along comes reality to our resident Quinn bashers that maybe...they were wrong

My suggestion to those poor souls is to rewatch the game in Seattle or the playoff game

Well to be fair I don't recall a lot of Quinn bashing here. Maybe folks questioning whether he's better served moving to a defense that allows him to just rush, but I think most posters I've seen here at least have been fair to him. Closest thing to bashing him I suppose was some thinking he wouldn't have value on the market or in trade?

Also this doesn't mean the Rams are not going to move him. That comes down to whether the Rams feel he's going to continue that transition to this offense at a level they want to see. But clearly he does have value around the league eh?

Rams43

Hall of Fame

This is a big time Coup getting Peters!!

Well, I agree that getting Peters looks good, pending the compensation, OC. Real good, actually.

But I would respectfully remind you that this offseason hasn’t even reached the FA stage, much less be all over with. So, it might be a bit premature to declare that Quinn will be a Ram starter come opening day.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad we didn't . If we got rid of him we'd need two pass rushers . Restructure his contract and add a younger one with him would be my goal

There's no need to restructure his contract.

nighttrain

Legend
Talib imo

But Breeland would be a good Plan B. Or Malcolm Butler. Man, I'm drooling over the possibilities.
Talib, but
good stuff here,
With Peters, the Rams are getting a bargain for arguably the top young corner in football. His cap hit will only be $3.05 million in 2018 with a fifth-year option in 2019 worth about $9.5 million. Combine those figures and Peters will cost the Rams just $12.55 million the next two years – about the same amount Johnson would have cost the Rams for one year in 2018.:yay:

train

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just hoping that Trader Les avoided the first round pick in this trade. IMO if that is the case you draft one of those cover corners who have a good chance at being there at 23 and our secondary is set.

Stl2La

Hall of Fame
Just hoping that Trader Les avoided the first round pick in this trade. IMO if that is the case you draft one of those cover corners who have a good chance at being there at 23 and our secondary is set.

I don’t see that happening. I would bet on our first rounder being a part of the trade.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
This is a deep cb draft, hopefully kc just wanted a 3rd and maybe a 2nd next year...seems fair

I wouldn't be too upset if we have up a 1 because I don' think any rookie is going to be Marcus peters.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I’ll add one more thing. And I’m gunna go way out in left field.

• Resign Trumaine at $10 million per year for 4 years.
  • Sign Talib at $8 million for 2 years.
  • Resign NRC at $5 million for 3 years
That would leave us with Marcus Peters and Trumaine Johnson on the outside, Aquib Talib as a mentor/role player and NRC in the slot.

I realize this is probably not going to happen. But man we would be unstoppable.