Latest cap space

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
So Joe took an $8M paycut in exchange for $6M guaranteed.

Guessing he saw what happened to Shelton, and despite being a different position, the money is drying up, so he didn't have much choice. It was smart that his roster bonus didn't kick in until after FA opened. It gave the Rams leverage.
Roster bonus can’t kick in until the league year officially starts

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Details of the Darious Williams contract are finally available.

Per OTC, it's 3 years / $22.5M ... previously reported. However, the guaranteed portion appears to be just $7M; and, most importantly, while the contract averages $7.5M-per-year, Williams' 2024 cap hit is only $4.7M.

Still waiting on details for Parkinson, Curl and Garoppolo.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The 2 tracking sites are close in our current cap. OTC has us at $23.5 million Spotrac at $27.5 million. Didn't look that closely at the differences but that's generally where we're at.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
The 2 tracking sites are close in our current cap. OTC has us at $23.5 million Spotrac at $27.5 million. Didn't look that closely at the differences but that's generally where we're at.
Last I checked, Spotrac doesn't have the Williams contract and $4.7M hit. That's pretty much the difference.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
So.. we're assuming more to come.. right?

I don't like the inconsistency issues.. but Chase Young is just too obvious right now as the most immediately available way to address pass rush concerns. That.. then you draft and edge and a lineman.

Darious Williams gives you the flexibility to wait until the 3rd to draft another corner, imo.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

I don't like the inconsistency issues.. but Chase Young is just too obvious right now as the most immediately available way to address pass rush concerns. That.. then you draft and edge and a lineman.

Darious Williams gives you the flexibility to wait until the 3rd to draft another corner, imo.
Crazy predition; The Rams will draft a DB with the same first and last initials.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Agreed on the flexibility for CB. Id like to get there with edge too, but there aren't many options.

I think we will end up signing a DT or two. Id go for Chase Young though

WestCoastRam

Legend

I think there's a price that works for all of us with Young. And probably a price for the Rams. And then the hope would be he actually would just be a rotational piece. But that's probably pipe dreaming.

Good call on Williams.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim

If you're expecting big-$ free agent additions or a trade for a player with an expensive contract, the Rams will have to open-up more cap space. the numbers on Spotrac and OTC doe not reflect the contracts of Parkinson, Curl or Garoppolo ... or even Rozeboom.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
If you're expecting big-$ free agent additions or a trade for a player with an expensive contract, the Rams will have to open-up more cap space. the numbers on Spotrac and OTC doe not reflect the contracts of Parkinson, Curl or Garoppolo ... or even Rozeboom.
I think that the Donald retirement is a paradigm-shifter & that they probably need to open up Stafford’s deal.

Psycho_X

Legend
Sounds like they are working on getting Ernest Jones extended and that might do it aside from a few rando late addition fillers. Unless something too good to pass up comes along and they create space from Stafford or somewhere.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fun sponge. God forbid if someone goes to bed thinking we have some cap space.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Some of those totals are miss-leading because some teams/cap space does not yet reflect all their signings.

For example, both Spotrac and OTC have the Rams at $23.7M but it actually must be much lower because that amount does not yet reflect the contracts of Parkinson, Curl, Garoppolo and Rozeboom.
Yeah, so far it only shows Barkley for the Eagles and none of their other signings.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
The next signing I want to see is an Earnest Jones extension. It would go a long way of stabilizing the defense and anointing him the defensive leader.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Leading Salary Cap sites (OTC and Spotrac) have been fairly useless recently, simply because they do not yet reflect all the contracts announced over the past nine days.

For example, the Rams' signings of Parkinson, Curl, Garoppolo and even Rozeboom were not reflected.

OTC has updated for the Rams' signing of Colby Parkinson. Had been reported as a 3-year / $22.5M contract, which is an average per-year of $7.5M. However, Parkinson's 2024 cap hit is a mere $3.6M per OTC.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Ian Rapoport is reporting that Garoppolo's base is $4.5M (likely 2024 cap hit), with significant incentives based on playing-time should Stafford be injured. Don't recall the Rams (under McVay) making that kind of salary cap commitment for the back-up-QB.

Personally, I think it's money well spent.